Circumcision?

Out of interest, is this mainly an issue in the US? neither my doctor or midwife has ever approached me on this. I've never actually thought about it : /

Yes, its pretty common around here.
I've never seen a penis not circumsized, and I thought everyone got it done lol

i think its more common in the US so most likely wont be mentioned here unless you bring it up, its generally a procedure you'd have to pay for privately in the UK, although some people still opt for it I think they'd go through their GP for advice xxx

My Oh is circumsised but had it done when he was about 18 i think due to a medical reason. I think it is hygenic especially when they get older and start to 'do stuff' and generally become soap dodgers between the age of 13-21,also speaking from a womans perspective it looks nicer and sorry to be gross but going down on a uncircumsided penis isnt nice at all, smegma anyone? lol.
I live in the UK and its fairly unheard of really apart for medical and religious reasons, i have 2 boys and none are circumsised but if it was offered more freely i would think about it. My OH says he wohld refuse it though as he has lost a lot of feeling since the op.

In the U.S. guys that aren't circumcised are basically made fun of. I don't mean to sound rude or inconsiderate but in all honesty thats what happens. Maybe not to their face but it's just the norm. But I TOTALLY get why it would be seen as taboo in other places when you really think about it.

My mom decided to leave it up to my brother. So at age 18 he went through what he said was the worst procedure ever just so that he wouldn't be made fun of anymore in the locker room. He waited to loose his virginity until after the procedure for that same reason (maybe that was a good thing lol)

No matter where you are I think it should be left to the father who knows the pros and cons of being circumcised better than we ever will.

Well before we knew it was a girl I thought I would leave it up to my OH too. He is circumcised but when I asked him he said he wasnt bothered. He couldnt tell me the pros and cons because he hasnt had his foreskin since he was a baby so he doesnt know any different. But if it decreases sensitivity I'm glad he got it done! ;)

Ok, did I miss something? It seems most posts were about the posibility of it turning nasty, but unless I missed it, I didn't see any nasty posts?
I think it seems to be more common in parts of the states. It's not in Canada, my midwife says she rarely hears about it being done anymore.

In the U.S. guys that aren't circumcised are basically made fun of. I don't mean to sound rude or inconsiderate but in all honesty thats what happens. Maybe not to their face but it's just the norm. But I TOTALLY get why it would be seen as taboo in other places when you really think about it.

My mom decided to leave it up to my brother. So at age 18 he went through what he said was the worst procedure ever just so that he wouldn't be made fun of anymore in the locker room. He waited to loose his virginity until after the procedure for that same reason (maybe that was a good thing lol)

No matter where you are I think it should be left to the father who knows the pros and cons of being circumcised better than we ever will.

The statistics these days are that it's more of a 50/50 ratio for young boys, so hopefully by the time they are of lockerroom age, it won't be a big deal.

my husband is but my son isnt and i dont plan on doing it for my twins. at the time we had our son it was really controversial and i got chewed out by alot of nurses! anyway when i was deciding on if i wanted to do it or not i went to my local library and found some good books about it and thats how i made my decision. i was worried a bit about the whole being made fun of thing but my brother in law who was born in germany isnt and he had no problems especially with the ladies lol!

The statistics these days are that it's more of a 50/50 ratio for young boys, so hopefully by the time they are of lockerroom age, it won't be a big deal.

Yeah...I've actually heard that it's even lower then that...that more and more are opting NOT to have it if you count the United States as a whole. But not in Texas where I am. Maybe in 13 years it won't be a big deal. Wouldn't be the end of locker room worries by far...ughhh i remember those years :roll: So glad thats over!

everyone that i have talked to they acually dont have their sons circ. Almost everyone. I cant believe how common it is now a days to not get it done. I wont be getting my son done either unless needed but my parents the other hand they would be telling me what why arnt you getting it done lol. They havnt even asked yet as i bet they think i am for sure going to get it done. but wont they be suprised lol.

In Australis its really uncommon, so I wont be having it done, HOWEVER, I dont judge others on doing it either.

When people from the US say that boys get teased for it at school, how do other boys even know? Serious question :haha:

I just realized that ... it's weird that we talk about it so much. Many people are saying "Nobody I know has it done...." or "everybody I know has it done..." and I realized that, aside from immediate family, I have absolutely no idea who is circumcised or not in my circle of friends, nor do I have any idea how of my friends have had their sons circumcised...
Do we talk about it more online than irl, or do most of you talk about this with friends? I'm starting to realize it's a pretty private talk, actually. I did recently discuss the topic with a friend who doesn't have kids, but for the most part... I realized... nobody around me asks or talks about it! Interesting....

I just realized that ... it's weird that we talk about it so much. Many people are saying "Nobody I know has it done...." or "everybody I know has it done..." and I realized that, aside from immediate family, I have absolutely no idea who is circumcised or not in my circle of friends, nor do I have any idea how of my friends have had their sons circumcised...
Do we talk about it more online than irl, or do most of you talk about this with friends? I'm starting to realize it's a pretty private talk, actually. I did recently discuss the topic with a friend who doesn't have kids, but for the most part... I realized... nobody around me asks or talks about it! Interesting....

i think its more of an online thing than irl, i have personally talked to some friends about this just because of what i read on bnb. I want to get people im close to opinions, but if i was never part of this forum then i wouldnt know that there are soo many different opinions and such info between getting it done and not getting it done:shrug: But yes i think it should kinda be a private talk as well. Im sure my son would love that we are already talking about his penis before he is even born. haha

Well, and I'm not saying it shouldn't be talked about at all... I was just noticing that, at least for me, irl... it just *isn't* talked about. I mean, I pictured myself, right now... asking one of my good friends, "So are your sons circumcised?" and it seemed like it would be awkward to me. So it made me wonder. I often have trouble differentiating between the real world and my bnb world... :haha:

ETA: Then again... I'm unusually modest (irl). :blush: soooo...

It seems to be a much bigger deal online than irl. I've never heard a circ debate irl and had never realised that people had such strong views on it! And personally I've never paid that close attention to penises to really care either way. Meh, as long as it works and isnt tiny.

As a nurse, I've seen more penises that a prostitute. :rofl: I think location and culture definitely play a role in this. In my area, about 70% of males (of all ages) are circumcised. We live in a predominately white neighborhood. The ones that do not circumcise are the mexicans, blacks, some middle easterns, etc.

As a nurse, I've seen more penises that a prostiture. :rofl: I think location and culture definitely play a role in this. In my area, about 70% of males (of all ages) are circumcised. We live in a predominately white neighborhood. The ones that do not circumcise are the mexicans, blacks, some middle easterns, etc.

:haha: thats def true about nursing. my first hour on wards i saw more penises than id seen in my life leading up to that. although its the opposite here, most are uncircumcised.
baby's dad is only circumcised one ive ever been with but i def prefer it, however would leave decision down to him, although i know if we had a boy he'd want him circumcised xxx

I get my info from girl talk. Since like 16 us girls have gotten together to talk about boys and since we've been having sex you'd be amazed what has come up over a few drinks lol. You come out of these conversations realizing how much your friends are really closet freaks lmao!

Anyhoo, thats where I get my "everyone I know" and my "they are made fun of" comment from. Just me and my friends personal experiences.

And as far as other boys knowing in the locker room...all they have to do is look down in the shower after gym. It's pretty easy to spot.

As a nurse, I've seen more penises that a prostitute. :rofl: I think location and culture definitely play a role in this. In my area, about 70% of males (of all ages) are circumcised. We live in a predominately white neighborhood. The ones that do not circumcise are the mexicans, blacks, some middle easterns, etc.

I am guessing mostly location, because in MY neighborhood and through the 'girl talk" grapevine every Black man I personally know is circumcised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->