Citalapram and pregnancy HELP

Wriggley

Reaction score
Hi all

My doctor wanted me to try not taking my citalapram during my pregnancy. Trouble is I’m really struggling with it. Doctor also said the dress isn’t good either so if I’m that bad I can take it

Anyone else in this position and if so what are you doing about it?

I've read some ladies wean off them while TTC, some lower dose in pregnancy, some stay the same and others who just stopped.

It's such a hard personal decision :hugs:

My doctor wanted me to keep taking it like normal :shrug:

I think if the benefits to yourself outway the risk to your baby then go back on them . Maybe lower dosage to just keep you settled . Pregnancy and post natal hormones are a bitch ! If your not healthy mentally and physically it’s no good to anyone ! Hope your ok xx

Thank you ladies I’ve started taking them daily to get them back in my system and then I going to try taking them every other day as I’m already on a half dose

I'm on 30mg, and sticking with it. I'd much rather I be able to function!

Hello! I am also on Citalopram (40mg) and have been told by 3 doctors to continue taking it. They told me to keep taking it to avoid the withdraw symptoms and also because if I were to quit taking it I would be at higher risk for post partum depression. The last doctor I spoke with was a high risk doctor (seeing for other reasons) and she said that if you're taking Citalopram and are able to breastfeed that will help the baby avoid withdraw symptoms. She said that the medicine is still expressed through breastmilk which allows the baby to gradually come off of it as food and other things are introduced into his diet. She did not seem worried about me taking it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->