Clampett???

znwinnie

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm having a little girl and my mum has said she'd quite like the baby to be named after her. I don't mind this but her name is Helen and she HATES it!

So have been trying to think of variations of it. My grans name is Mary and my aunt's Marie, so I was thinking...

Helen Mary Marie= Ellie/ Ella Mae.

I prefer Ella, but my dad had an aunt Ella- blue rinse, chain-smoker, so my mum wants Ellie.

It's growing on me but Ellie Mae Clampett from the beverly hillbillies gets stuck in my head! :rofl:

Am I being ridiculous :dohh:

Sorry for rambling!

As long as your last name isn't actually Clampett I'm sure it's fine :)

What about Helena?

I love the name! I don't think of the Beverly Hillbilles (probably because I never really watched it). I don't think you're ridiculous for thinking that, but don't let it stop you if you like the name. :)

HAH! I like the name. Reading the post, I thought your last name really was Clampett and I was thinking, "Oh no" but if it is not your last name than I think Ellie is LOVELY! :)

Or Ellen / Ellan?

Ellie or Ella are both very nice tho :)

I have to agree with you about the Ellie combo...sorry!
But I think Ella is really lovely and I think that as long as the name doesnt have bad assosciations for you, that once the bub is here your mum will forget very quickly about blue rinses and chain smoking when she meets your gorgeous little one!

I think Ellie Mae went through a big surge in popularity not so long ago, so to me it's more of a "common" name but I think it's very pretty!

Thanks ladies,

My mum's other suggestion was elise- she thought she had invented this name so it would be unique :dohh:

I know ellie mae became quite popular recently which also put me off it a bit, but I have a nephew named after my grandad, so it would be nice for my gran if her name was included somewhere.

The other thing is I live in Scotland, and although I prefer Ella, it doesn't always sound so great in the local accent.

When I was younger I had all my baby names picked out, cant remenber what
they were now, but who knew it would be so difficult when it actually came to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->