Clapping!

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by New Mrs W, Jun 1, 2011.

1. New Mrs W

New Mrs W Frankie and Mickey's Mama

Whenever Frankie does anything clever, funny or slightly out of the ordinary we always give him a huge round of applause and clap his hands together too in an effort to encourage him to clap, as I'm sure all you lovely mummies do too.

Over the last couple of days he has been sort of waving his hands in front of himself and I have half thought he was trying to clap. Today he has managed to get his hands banging together, not palm to palm but sort of palm to side of hand?! I'm absolutely convinced that this is the start of his clapping especially as he does it when I say, "Clap clap!!" and I clap too.

Has anyone else's LO started clapping in this way? How long did it take for them to clap properly? xx

2. Janidog

Janidog Well-Known Member

My LO started doing that around 9 months and within about a week he was clapping properly, and its so cute

3. New Mrs W

Janidog your signature with the video is ACE!!!

4. sjminimac

sjminimac Well-Known Member

wooooo frankie! Yay! Yes charlie started off with a strange clap, was palm to palm but instead of fingers pointing forwards he'd have one hand against his chest fingers pointing to shoulder and palm out, and the other hand clapping with fingers pointing towards the other shoulder (that was WELL hard to describe - hands up who followed the instructions to see what on earth i'm on about?!).

5. New Mrs W

Ha ha! I do know what you are describing SJ as I recall him doing it whilst sat playing in the sunshine on my decking!!! xx

6. sjminimac

sjminimac Well-Known Member

Phew! Of course! Well i need a lie down in a dark room after figuring that out x

7. girlsmooch

girlsmooch new mum of 1

my lo has clapped like this for weeks! one hand open the other in a fist. then he stops looks at his hand, opens it thinks yeah i've got it then claps again and his hand goes back into a fist!