Clary Sage

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by snettyb, Apr 17, 2009.

1. snettyb

snettyb Well-Known Member

Hi ladies, i was wondering if anyone has any experience of whether it works or not? I've just got some, it cost nearly £9 (on special as well!!) from Holland and Barratt so i'm hoping i might get a result from it. Even if it relaxes me and stops me bighting peoples heads off lol.

Plug is gone, got loads of cramps so keen to get things moving now.

Oh yeah, one more question.......what do i do with it lol I know i can put in me bath, but how many drops in a full bath do you reckon? and is there anything else i can do with it? Thanx xx

2. NatalieW

NatalieW Well-Known Member

I think you can rub it on the bump... if you have a bath with it you need a carrier oil

3. Sovereign

Sovereign Well-Known Member

Hi hun. I put a few drops in the bath (about 4 or 5 I think) the day that I lost my plug and I went in labour that night. Good luck x

4. snettyb

Eeeeeeee that would be lovely if that happened to me!! I'm all excited now and if my friend wasn't on her way to see me i would be running a bath right now!! xx

5. elmaxie

elmaxie Mummy to Nathan & Hannah.

I have only read a few drops in the bath or massaged into bump using a carrier oil or you will have a reaction or rash to the "neat" oil.

Good luck I hope your in full labour soon!

:hugs:

Emma.xx

6. sarah_george

sarah_george ♥Proud Mummy!♥

ive been using it for the last 4 weeks and although it hasnt got baby moving yet its certinly relaxing! i put 5-10 drops in the bath and also i rub it in my bump mixed with some almond oil, During my last labour at a MLU they gave me lots of it on some cotton wool as its meant to strengthen contractions when you get them, good luck hun xxx

7. kaykay

kaykay Well-Known Member

Ive been using since week 34 i put 8 drops in the bath. It certainly helps me to relax and if you have been having trouble getting sleep it really helps to have a bath before bedtime. Im not sur eif it helps you to go into labour. I have been rubbing it on my bump too mixed with baby oil.. i love the stuff. It is expensive though £9.00 how big is the bottle? I know I paid £4.99 for a little 10ml bottle from a herbal shop. hope it works for you hun, let me know if it does and ill run a bath now lol xx

8. snettyb

It's 10ml think i was ripped off by holland and barratt lol.

I've mixed 5 drops with 20ml of almond oil and rubbed it into my bump (twice lol) and i now have a bath running with 8 drops in it. I have had a few pains today but still not alot going on :hissy: Suppose baby won't come until he is good and ready but its worth a try innit xx

9. Katiex

Katiex Mummy to Jacob and WTT

i used it twice in the bath (5-6 drops) and once on my bump with carrier oil and was in labour the next night so it defo worked for me. i also bought mine from holland and barratt and was ripped off heard its cheaper elsewhere but nevermind it did the job!!

10. snettyb

Thanx katiex, i hope it does the trick for me too. Just been to check on my bath and it don't smell too pretty like. Rather like strong black tea lol oh well in for a penny in for a pound, off i go xx

11. sarah_george

sarah_george ♥Proud Mummy!♥

I got through a whole bottle the last few weeks, I brought another one 2 days ago and the oils are on 3 for 2 at boots if anyones thinking of trying it, I got lavendar and ylang ylang aswell as the 3 mixed together is what they gave me to try and trigger labour last time xxx