Clary Sage?

meemee

Reaction score
Hi! im wondering if anybody has had any results with clary sage?
i want to get some tomorrow and have a bath with it, but im just not sure exactly what it's supposed to do for pregnancy :blush:
im getting to the point where im sick of being pregnant lol

Sorry to say it did nothing for me. Tried having a bath with it in, massaging it into my bump along with bio oil (shouldn't use it neat I don't think) and even putting it in a candle oil burner thing.

I'm not entirely sure what it's meant to do either, if you read anything else about it (ie not pregnancy related) it appears to be relaxing, so maybe it just helps your body chill so it can concentrate on the main event I don't know....

I used it and although I cant say it directly affected my going into labour, I enjoyed bathing in it with lavender and using it as a bump massage. It can also be used as a natural gass and air during labour, although I took mine and forgot I had it...:dohh:

12 yrs ago with my 1st...... my midwife told me to put 4-6 drops in my already run bath... it was quite expensive , and did bugger all ...... u mustn't use it early stages of pregnancy as it can lead to miscarridge ... bub will be baked when baked sorry i'm on the same waiting game and totally fed up .... it's my bday jan 2nd and im going fora spa day and although u mustn't i'm going to sit it the hydro pool go in the ice and hot room until something happens .. heheheheh and if it does hope the spa resort give me a free pass for 12 months .. after i have paid for the pool to be drained .... hehehehehehe lol

hi, i'm doing a beauty therapy course at college, we are using essential oils in aromatherapy, well the other girls are as i can't. for pregnancy you shouldn't use any essential oils until your ready to have baby as they can have a side effect. the best ones to use are (they don't smell the best) lavender, clary sage, rosemary. all essential oils shouldn't be used neat. lavender can be put on your pillow, in a candle burner, in the bath.
I would use 3-4 drops Rosemary mixed with 2 drops Lavender and Roman chamomile with 20ml carrier oil such as almond oil (if your not allergic to nuts) or avocado oil (good for dry skin)

However if you haven't got any of this you can use normal cooking oil - sunflower, vegetable (not as good as the others)

Below is a good website that i use alot. hope it comes in handy.

https://www.aromaweb.com/essentialoilsaf/clarysage.asp

I have been using it for over a week ad its done nothing. I have been putting it on a tissue though and just inhaling it (I love the smell) and it seems to relax me so I will be taking it into hospital for that reason. I had heard such wonderful things about it but I am afraid its not the magic potion I was hoping for.

I've been using it for the last two weeks (bath, massage mixed with oil) and practically used the whole little bottle by now. No luck.

I have been using in the bath, I love the smell so it is no hardship!!!

I bought from ebay and it is very cheap on there compared to Holland and Barrett etc.

I bought some clary sage today and husband started by massaging my legs with it and I have come up in a huge blotchy red rash. Really odd cos I have used other massage oils before and been to have massages at health spa etc and its never happened. I mixed it properly like it said on the bottle - now its itchy big time!! So glad I didnt put it on my tummy!!

just be aware that all essential oils will be in a brown glass bottle, it should say pure essential oil, as some are fake and are just fragrances not proper oil. which won't have an effect.

x

I bought some clary sage today and husband started by massaging my legs with it and I have come up in a huge blotchy red rash. Really odd cos I have used other massage oils before and been to have massages at health spa etc and its never happened. I mixed it properly like it said on the bottle - now its itchy big time!! So glad I didnt put it on my tummy!!

oh no, i hope the rash has gone now and everything is ok. have you ever used clary sage before? There's a girl in my course that gets rash's from the citrus oils but she's ok with every other oil that we use!
x

oh no, i hope the rash has gone now and everything is ok. have you ever used clary sage before? There's a girl in my course that gets rash's from the citrus oils but she's ok with every other oil that we use!
x

Gave it another go last night on my back and tummy and it was fine so I htink it may have been that I had shaved my legs the night before. x

x

Gave it another go last night on my back and tummy and it was fine so I htink it may have been that I had shaved my legs the night before. x

lol, well at least you know your not allergic to it!
x

i have some from with ds and used it a couple of drops in about a spoonful of sweet almond oil to rub on my bump, and a few drops in the bath ( btw theres a Radox shower gell/ bath soak that has clary sage in it , its dark blue and smells better than straight oil in the bath ) Its supposed to trigger/strengthen contractions

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->