Classed as TTC???

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleMum

Mum to 22 mth old and ttc
Reaction score
Before I start may I politely begin by saying that certain people need not comment. I do not expect abuse.

I have come off of BC and am actively trying for a baby, I am not using ovulation testing kits, medication, taking load of pregnancy tests etc, just waiting to see if AF arrives with the hope that she doesn't :)

I have been criticised in previous posts and been told that this is not 'TTC' but actually 'NTNP' is that correct???

Anyone else here like me or am I best to move to that group??

Sorry if I sound dumb, but I am actually trying to get pregnant but don't want to offend anyone by posting in wrong group?!

:thumbup:I don't do any of that either bUt we are TTC BECAUSE AT THE END OF THE DAY I STOPPED USING PROTECTION TO BECOME PREGNANT HENCE WE ARE ttc.:thumbup:

sorry caps lock lol

If you're timing BD around your fertile times with the hopes of conceiving, you are TTC. :)

If you're not timing BD and just letting nature take it's course, you're more NTNP.

Either way, I hope you get your :bfp: as soon as you want it!

we're at it constantly lol as ive just come of bcp and could ovulate anytime lol I have irregular periods too or atleast I used too im hoping that's not the case anymore!

we're at it constantly lol as ive just come of bcp and could ovulate anytime lol I have irregular periods too or atleast I used too im hoping that's not the case anymore!

I'm the same!!!! No idea what my natural cycle is like due to being on the pill, only took 1 month last time so hoping for the same :)

I'm pretty much doing same as you - no temping, charting, opk-ing or any of that jazz. We are BD'ing more frequently around ov time (I don't need an opk or thermometer to tell me when I'm ovulating!) so I definitely consider that 'trying'. The only reason I'm not on the NTNP community more is because I don't really know the ladies there. It's a nice community though. Why can't you be part of both if you like? You're always going to find people who disagree with you but I'm pretty sure we're all adult here and can put on our big girl pants and just get along and respect other people's definitions of ttc ;)

im not temping / charting / medication or any of that i have a simple period tracker but thats wrong anyway (i think) - good luck to you all ;)

I'd say your TTC! Lol specially if your BDing like bunnies haha! Xxx

NTNP
Letting nature take its course? This forum is for those with a more relaxed approach conception.

In the real world not using contraception and having unprotected sex is trying for a baby, regardless of if you chart, pee on things or just bonk a lot.

Both NTNP and TTC are terms used in internet mommying to describe methods of trying for a baby. The "Not Trying" part of NTNP refers to not using OPK's, charting or timed intercourse- aside from stopping contraception your not doing anything different in your life to achieve pregnancy. Where as the "Trying" in TTC usually refers to all the extra things you can do to achieve pregnancy- ie the things you might need to access a forum to seek support on.

In the world of internet mommying and baby forums you are much closer to NTNP. In the real world your just trying for a baby.
So your trying for a baby using the NTNP method as opposed to the TTC method.

The NTNP forums are quite quiet so TTC gets used more for general topics. TTC can also be seen as a wider umbrella term to describe both methods and I remember when B&B just had the one forum.

Anyway as Juliet said:
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet
How you choose to describe yourself, be it TTC or NTNP or just "trying for a baby" is up to you. But generally its not a good idea to put down the methods used by other people.

When were any methods put down? Confused.com

I think we all have the same goal at the end so it doesn't really matter about the names of things as long as we all get our bfp's who cares.:cloud9:

Im with you! Im not charting or anything but im absolutely definitey 100% trying I honestly dont understand how we were made out the 'bad, abusive' it was pretty petty, imature and sad really were all doing it differently I mean jesus it wasnt calved into the pyramids 'the right way to ttc' do it how you bloody well want to do it and dont let anyone make you feel like your out of order for SUGGESTING things x

Thread closed as per the TOS that you agreed when you signed up for this site:

Continuing locked or removed threads elsewhere on the forum is not permitted. If a thread has been moderated, it is with good reason. Posts questioning or complaining about such actions will either be removed or closed.
Accounts are being reviewed and actions will be taken accordingly.

Continuing locked or removed threads elsewhere on the forum is not permitted. If a thread has been moderated, it is with good reason. Posts questioning or complaining about such actions will either be removed or closed.

To answer your question: You can use the TTC forum even if you are not using any of the methods you stated.

But posting a judgmental thread & questioning others methods used by members in TTC is not permitted as it spreads ill feelings among other members who use those methods, this is why your thread was moderated & locked.

I'm locking this thread. Feel free to start another threads if you have questions directly related TTC without targeting other members ways & methods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back