clastrophobic

Layla

Reaction score
Hope i have spelt that right lol

For the past few years i have been getting clastrophobic mildly, but i have noticed its getting a whole lot worse, thing is, mine isnt enclosed spaces, its when people get in my personal space, i find i cant breath and i get a panicky feeling in the top part of my tummy.

Jase cant hug or kiss me for long coz otherwise i have to push him away just to feel i can breathe :(

Now its getting to the point where im not comfy and relaxed in bed unless im on my own, i dont want it to get to the point where Jase has to sleep in a spare bed :( how do i overcome this??

Im like it with anyone, not just Jase, cant hug the kids for long and if anyone steps in to close to talk to me i have to jump back.

Im getting a bit worried about it, any ideas what to do? Doc wont prob do anything thats why i havent gone there first

x

I had claustrophobia quite bad in my teens but have gotten better. I still can get panicky and hate being hugged or too close to people for too long. Your Dr can help, he can refer you to a cognitive behavioural therapist who can help you with your thinking and anxiety.

thanks for replying.

Did you see a theropist? what was involed in it?

x

Oops just seent his sorry.

No I never saw a therapist. I did go and see a CPN when my anxiety grew really bad, it had evolved into a fear about coffins etc following my gran's death who did help me manage my anxiety. However my Dr is going on about referring me to a psychologist about cognitive behavioural therapy which I would welcome.

I use CBT in my work, it is about how you think influences the way you behave. Therefore by changing the way yuo think about something, your behaviour will change too - well thats the simplistic version.

wow, i have to say, alot of this is going over my head. it sounds pretty complex for me.
I do think maybe i need some help but im not sure what to tell the doctor, its not so much places and spaces that freaks me out, its more people coming in to my personal space, its so hard to explain but im hoping you will understand me.
I cant hug someone for more than 2 or 3 seconds coz i start to feel panicky in the very top part of my tummy, right below my ribs.
Kissing is getting more and more difficult for me too :(
I feel terrible on the kids coz i cant have them sit on my lap for long etc.
and its now getting to the stage wehre i feel like i need to sleep on my own just so i have space.

i sound like such a saddo dont i.

Thanks for your replys, anything else you can tell me/sugest i will be really greatful

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->