Cleaning a second hand Pram

Liney

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
We have finally managed to find and buy a pram that we are happy with. We have decided to buy a second hand one, which arrived today in great condition, but I would still like to clean all the material. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I should clean it with? I am a bit clueless when it comes to cleaning!!

x

I suppose it depends what kind of material it is made of..
Does it detatch so you can put it into the washing machine?
you could either use warm soapy water, or bicarb of soda dissolved in water for a really gentle clean or even an upholstery cleaner?

Most of them you find can take to a 30 wash in the machine or if you have a hand wash setting on the machine use that.

I have wahed all 3 of mine in the machine and they have been perfectly fine.

I've recently cleaned up my old pram as it had got damp and had mould on i stripped it all back and stuck it in the washing machine, or soapy water is good and then hose it down after :)

What pram is it :)

I got a 2nd hand pram too, cleaned it up with watered down mutli-purpose cleaner and a sponge scrubber. As I couldn't take it to bits to wash in the machine... Dried it well out side, the outcome was fantastic, just like new... Plus it smelt all lemony too... Most are wipe clean able even if they're not machine washable...

I was really pleased with the outcome too... Going to order some new tyres for the pram too, it will really look and be as good as new by the time babe's ready to use it... lol...

With my old buggy for josh i just used warm soapy water then wet it through with buckets of water, The pram i've just got for bump is spotlessly clean as was only used by grandparents so after a mega inspection i'm not going to risk staining it which knowing me i'd do. So i've bought some dettol spray & sprayed it :) Wiped all the bars with flash lemon wipes :)

I've got my pram from E-bay and is second hand but as new(it was unwanted gift for the ppl) But i washed it anyway.. I used a bowl of warm water with Fairy washing powder-only a littel, and then left it to dry in the sunshine.
I have Silver Cross what prams have u got?

Thanks ladies
We've bought a Mamas and Papas Ultima. I shall be having a go at the cleaning tomorrow whilst I'm await the delivery of the baby furniture - how exciting!!!

xx

I had a mamas and papas ultima for a while, All of the covers come off including the hood, I stuck it all on a 30 degree quick wash in the machine just to freshen it up before selling and it was fine, I wouldn't risk more than a 30 wash though incase it shrank the material

We got a second hand Hauck Esprit from Ebay (total bargain) and altho it was clean there were still some little marks on the fabric. Took all of it off and chucked in the machine on a 30 degree wash with some Ariel Non bio and it came as good as new :D Washed the chassis down with some soapy water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->