Cleaning babies bottles!

kaylynn040485

Mummy to two girls
Reaction score
Just wondering what u all use to wash your botles before sterilising them?

Kx

Mine get rinsed
then soaked in soapy water
then scrub them with the soapy water
rinse them
and then steralise and dry

minus the soaking it takes about 15 minutes

I wash mine in soapy water with a bottle brush, rinse and sterilize. Occasionally if they have built up mineral deposits I wash them as before, boil them in water with a teaspoon of vinegar in it, than wash again and sterilize

Normal fairy liquid. A little in with the hot water, leave to soak for a short while, wash with brush then rince under tap of hot water - in to steriliser.

As above really but once a month to clean all the yuck I soak them in Steradent (yes denture cleaner) then rinse thoroughly x

Normal fairy liquid. A little in with the hot water, leave to soak for a short while, wash with brush then rince under tap of hot water - in to steriliser.

Same as above for bottles and breastpump. I use the cold water sterilisation method....Milton liquid:happydance:

Same as everyone else, warm soapy water with bottle brush, rinse and steam sterilise

Same only I rinse with cold. :)

Well ive been doing same as everyone else so glad about that. Was just worried because wasnt sure if soaking in fairy was ok before rinsing but ive seen a few people have said they do the same so im assuming its ok then?

im the odd one out then.. i stick them in dishwasher

im the odd one out then.. i stick them in dishwasher

oooooooo Well I was 2 scared to do this but my 2 year put one when I wasn't looking and wow what a shine!

Put them all in the sink bowl in hot soapy water. Scrub them with the bottle and teat brushes, rinse, and put them into the steriliser.

:)

me too! rinse well, then wash in hot soapy good old fairy washing up liquid with bottle brush, rinse in cold water and sterilise :D

i do exactly the same except before i put the teats in the soapy water i scrub them with salt inside and out...a really old midwife advised me to do this with my first lo 11 years ago she said it gets rid of every scrap of bacteria....not to sure of its effectiveness but ive done it with all 4 kids now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->