Cleaning floors

jenny82

Reaction score
Apologies in advance for the mega boring thread!

Does anyone use anything really good on their wooden floor?? Our living room floor gets so dirty from the dog and everyday use. Currently I use one of those flash mop pads and a disinfectant spray but it doesn't lift all the dirt. I need to get down on my hands and knees and scrub it to actually lift the dirt. This is getting a bit sore now though so I can't do it too often!

Am going out grocery shopping soon so thought this would be a good time to ask for recommendations!

Sorry no advise but will be watching, we cant use some products on our wood floors so its really hard :(

I got one of those steam mop things from the shopping channel - bit pricey about £ 80 but you can pay them off over a couple of months and no more carrying buckets of murky water about. :thumbup:

Could you use it everyday though?? I couldn't afford it but my mum is a qvc addict and is always wanting to get me something from there!

you could if you wanted to clean your floors every day - it has attachments so you can steam clothes, tiles, ovens etc. If you wanted to steam the floors every day you would need to buy a few spare microfibre covers as you wash them after each use.

Cif do a good wood floor cleaner that you dilute..I dilute it into an old bottle with a spray and use a microfibre mop. so just spray and wipe..great for everyday xxx

Not much use here just going by what I've seen on the adverts, you can get those mops that have a scrubby bit on the end that will lift any stubborn dirt and they have a regular bit on it aswell. Also as someone else said those steam mops I've heard good things about those.

The cheapest, safest, and most effective way to clean wood floor that I've found is white vinegar mixed with water. As heavy on the vinegar as your nose can stand. It even leaves no streaks, and is organic so it won't harm babies or pets. I use the Rubbermaid Reveal mop.

Attachments

• 31vbQ-0gpcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    31vbQ-0gpcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 1
ohhhh..I am going to give the vinegar a go tomoz on my tiled floor...I normally just clean it with hot water ATM as all cleaners (even the ones that say they don't) leave streaks and residue...they are black tiles you see!! I know vinegar is good on glass so maybe on tiles? or has anyone got any other tips for black shiny tiles?? xxxx

Does the vinegar not really pong after cleaning though?? And is it just regular vinegar - like chip vinegar? :)

White vinegar is best for cleaning, that's the clear stuff.

Vinegar doesn't smell once it's dry :)

Brill! Am off now to look in the cupboard to see what vinegar we have :blush:

I use a drop of Flash febreze all purpose cleaner and a squirt of bleach.. always done the trick x

Yeah, the vinegar will be great for the black tiles too. Seriously, it's all purpose. My dad uses it straight on his lino kitchen floors and they're so shiny. Works great on the counter tops too, won't leave streaks. We have 3 cats so I don't like to use harmful chemicals on the floor.

Flash febreze all purpose cleaner the blue one, for some reason, the pink ones leaves streaks or Mr Sheen wood cleaner is good too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->