Clear Blue Advanced Ovulation - only BD'ed 2nd day of Peak?

hopingforbean

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Got my first peak on Friday morning, unable to BD at all that AM or PM. We BD'ed twice last night - Saturday - (2nd day of peak), but it was at 12 am and 2 am. Then again this morning, Sunday, at 9 AM.
My peak reading disappeared from my Test stick this morning around 10 AM.
Was that a dumb move on my part to wait until very LATE night on 2nd day of my peak to BD? Be honest!
I don't really know how these tests work. Do you ovulate on your 2nd day of peak? Or the day after? Or the first day of peak? Or what? :wacko:
Thank you in advance!

Do you test multiple times a day? I O on the second peak day, sometimes third BUT I test three times a day. I start my surge in the afternoon (1st peak) then I hit my peak surge the following brunch and O the night of the second peak. If I was only testing with fmu, it would be O of my first peak.

I have only had one bfp cycle with CB advanced opks and that cycle my bd was O (second peak), 0-3, and O-4. I'll screenshot my chart or you can click on my chart in my sig and go to my August cycle

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 6
Do you test multiple times a day? I O on the second peak day, sometimes third BUT I test three times a day. I start my surge in the afternoon (1st peak) then I hit my peak surge the following brunch and O the night of the second peak. If I was only testing with fmu, it would be O of my first peak.
No, I have not tested more than once a day. It says once you get your Peak reading on the Advanced Digitals to stop testing. And the solid smiley face stays on for 2 days. I didn't even know you could test multiple times a day with it?! Darn!!!!

You can't but I use it plus the cvs brand opks and I was ttc for seven months so I have multiple holders. I keep three: one only for fmu, one for afternoon, and one for evening. I test once a day until I get my flashing smile then I test 3x a day

When you ejected it, was the control line significantly darker than the test? You can't always rely on it but generally you can use it as an opk. The day I O all of my sticks come out as very dark

When you ejected it, was the control line significantly darker than the test? You can't always rely on it but generally you can use it as an opk. The day I O all of my sticks come out as very dark

Ahh, good idea! Didn't think of that.
Well here is my test from Peak Day 1.
Which is the control line? The line on the left is half the width of the line on the right (in person anyway)... weird
https://i.imgur.com/Ed8uO2G.jpg

Mk. Well it is darker but not significantly darker. You do have that 12-36 hour window post O, but it just boils down to which day you Oed. I wouldn't 100% count you out, but with your only bd being 36 hours after you detected your surge without know if you caught the beginning, middle, or end the timing is not ideal. You only have 5% chance day of O. But! You never know. Sorry that wasn't helpful

Mk. Well it is darker but not significantly darker. You do have that 12-36 hour window post O, but it just boils down to which day you Oed. I wouldn't 100% count you out, but with your only bd being 36 hours after you detected your surge without know if you caught the beginning, middle, or end the timing is not ideal. You only have 5% chance day of O. But! You never know. Sorry that wasn't helpful
:thumbup: Thanks for answering honestly! I know the timing is definitely not ideal. We were quarreling on 1st day of peak :blush: and then made up on 2nd day of peak :blush: ... twice
POOP!! We were both really hoping last night did the trick, but I know I need to remain realistic.

It could. If you caught the beginning of your surge, then you would have DTD on O day. If you caught the middle or end, that's when you are more likely to miss your egg. Will be keeping my FXed

It could. If you caught the beginning of your surge, then you would have DTD on O day. If you caught the middle or end, that's when you are more likely to miss your egg. Will be keeping my FXed
Thank you! My poor man. He REALLY thinks we did it this time. He keeps calling me "a preggo" and saying we made a baby last night. I don't want to squish his hopes :cry:

Awww well don't. Let him be happy and who knows. Maybe you did catch the egg

Hey ladies -
Quick update. FertilityFriend had put my Ovulation at CD14 after I entered my 2nd Peak reading. Today, it moved my Ovulation to CD16!! 2 days AFTER my 2nd peak reading? Is that even possible?
Please take a look at my chart and let me know what you think???
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5ee034/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart
https://i.imgur.com/oIS9TgN.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"