Clear blue advanced VS the cheap OPK... just to clear up some confusion

heaveneats

Emma's Mommy
Reaction score
Okay so i ran out of my IC ovulation sticks since i thought i would get a positive around CD 15, so i splurged and bought the clear blue advanced, with the flashing smiley that is supposed to give you more warning of when your going to ovulate, they say basically you will get approximately 2 days of flashing then a solid smiley to say you've reached the peak fertility AKA you will ovulated in the next 12-24 hours.

so i'm going to do an experiment for you ladies who may be using this confusing clear blue test! I iwll update each day with the clearblue results AND a normal cheap opk result that has the two lines. I sort of bought it before reading the reviews oops!, many ladies are complaining that they get a flashing smiley but then it never goes away- that is because the test picks up estrogen first, so if your body gears up to Ovulate then for some reason doesnt, the flashing smiley will never go away because the computer remembers that you had high fertility and now it is waiting for your peak- THIS TEST ALSO ASKS FOR FMU OR PEE THAT IS HELD FOR MORE THAN 4 HOURS.

this test is not for the faint of heart, seriously it is confusing! so i suggest you read up on them before you purchase, that being said i hope i can help some of you ladies that have or are thinking about getting the clear blue advanced OPK:thumbup:

so here we go... (sorry i'm keeping track too so you will see my notes on this page as well)

CD 17 -First time i used the CLear blue ovulation test using FMU I got an empty circle, meaning low fertility also tested again that night and got the same result (i did not have any cheap OPK to use sorry!)
*BD at 11:30 PM used Pre seed*

CD 18- used FMU as instructions say and got my flashing smiley! alos got a good line on the OPK not darker then control but a good line!(control is one the right)

Attachments

• IMG_20140918_093424.jpg
    IMG_20140918_093424.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20140918_143857.jpg
    IMG_20140918_143857.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 6
Me to..

I've started using a CBFM this month after 3 months of using the CB OPK. I'm on my 6th day of high and have not yet 'peaked' yet?!

Me to..

I've started using a CBFM this month after 3 months of using the CB OPK. I'm on my 6th day of high and have not yet 'peaked' yet?!

do you have a long LH surge that you know about? i know for this test its mostly estrogen so if it picks up an amount thats over the coverline that you fet the flashing smiley

After doing another test and checking the monitor this morning I'm on my 8th high day?!

I decided to do both the CBFM test and a CB OPK test. FM was high but solid empty circle indicating low fertility on the OPK? Now I'm confused...

Me to..

do you have a long LH surge that you know about? i know for this test its mostly estrogen so if it picks up an amount thats over the coverline that you fet the flashing smiley

CD 19 got another flashing smiley havent taken a normal OPK yet as they say to do it later in the afternoon, and i'm at work sdo i will update when i get home!

following :) debating getting the digital tests next month.

Something else i learned today about the clearblue tests, the very firt time you use it you will ALWAYS get the empty smiley face as the test callibrates... kind of a waste if you ask me, i got empty smiley on the firm morning, and that night i also got an empty one so i know i wasnt in high fert- at least i think?

And here is my positive cheapie opk!!!

CD 19 :) so if I will do a clear blue advanced tonight and let you know what it says :) the tests were 13 hours apart so the clear blue may not have dete ted my surge but will now. To begin my pee holding now!

Attachments

• IMG_20140919_192309.jpg
    IMG_20140919_192309.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 1
Okay here it is!! Took the tests about a half hour of each other :) soo this concludes my experiment! These clearblue advanced opk worked out okay for me. I'll upload my progression tomorrow ;) got my solid smiley!

Attachments

• IMG_20140919_212144.jpg
    IMG_20140919_212144.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20140919_192309.jpg
    IMG_20140919_192309.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads