Clear Blue Digital Ovulation test - what does this pic mean? Pls help!

leopard80

Reaction score
Hey All

The Clear Blue Digital Ovulation tests are ridiculous. They only do a true reading when you've wee'd just enough on the stick and the applicator chooses not to work some days for no reason.

On all other days the actual test stick has only showed one line. Today it has showed a feint line to the left as in the photo.

Does anyone have experience of the Clear Blue Digital kit and what does this feint second line mean please?

x

Attachments

• forum.jpg
    forum.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 33
hmmm looks like a faint positive? i take it that line is the postive one, i find my opk line recently is getting drker and darker so asdume im getting close, i can only assume the same for you :)

I had one that looked like that also. I missed mine this month because no happy face showed and thats what my doctor will go by. I do believe it has to be as dark as the other line. Maybe try testing later today and see what it shows. Hopefully you will get the little smile :)

Digitals don't work like none digi's you can't interpret the lines. Even with a smiley the lined won't be the same colour.

If you have had some that don't work contact CB. Their contact details should be on the box. I've never had one not work. Are you inserting it into the reader fully and waiting a second for the little icon to show before peeing on it.

The website peeingonastick is useful.

Good luck.

Hey All

The Clear Blue Digital Ovulation tests are ridiculous. They only do a true reading when you've wee'd just enough on the stick and the applicator chooses not to work some days for no reason.

On all other days the actual test stick has only showed one line. Today it has showed a feint line to the left as in the photo.

Does anyone have experience of the Clear Blue Digital kit and what does this feint second line mean please?

x

Also not sure how you do it but I buy those little throw away drinking cups for in the bathroom. I go in one and then dip the stick in until the the unit says its testing. That way I don't have to worry about if I have "went" enough on the stick. That may help out a little bit if you are worrying about not getting enough on there.

Like MrsC8776, I wee in a cup and dip the stick in (I do this for pregnancy tests too) I find it much easier to be sure that I have wet it enough and for the correct amount of time.

Dear All

The days I had these light lines, fertility friend has actually confirmed that ovulation took place around this time.

The thing is... how do I know when?!

I have used them and have had no problem. Whether you are ovulating or not, a lot of times there will be color on the test line of an OPK. A line does not mean positve on OPK's its only postive when the test line is as dark or darker than the control line.

I used them along with another OPK and got a positive with both on the same day. Then I took the test stick from the digital out of the wand tio compare the two and the line was darker on my regular OPK than it was on the digital. That is probably because the sensitivity in each tests are different. I am not sure what the sensitivity on the tests is, but I will look it up and post. Regardless if I had just had to use the lines to decide whether I was ovulating or not, I would have thought the digital was negative but that wasnt the case, it was positive according to the smily face and the regular OPK backed that up.

With all that being said I tested several times a day with both the digital and the regular. When removing the digital test stick, the test line was equal to or darker than the control line on all days I had the LH surge except for the first test.

I would say you are not ovulating yet. If you were I think the digital would show a postiive and if it didnt for some reason the line on the actual test stick would still be darker line than that line in the picture you show. When I got the line on the first digital that said positive, even though I would have thought it negative if I was just using the stick, it was still darker than that line.

Thats my experience with those. I hope this helps you!

Edit : If your temps say you ovulated it is possible that you missed your surge. Not all women can get an LH surge on OPKs. There are plenty of threads on here where women have said they didnt but they do get temp rises. I think youre good as long as you BD

Sorry I don't understand your question.

From your chart I'd say you O'd cd20. Like FF

Hi Lara,

Sorry didn't have chance to reply in the other trend yesterday.

Managed to get my head around it.

Because ICs are designed for you to read the lines they have a hugher sensitivity so that with a the LH surge it makes the test line go as dark as the control.

Digis dont require you to do this. Because of the lower sensitivity the same level of LH in the urine doesn't turn the test line as dark. I think digi's are designed like this to make them more reliable, if they were of a higher senstivity they would be more likely to give false positives.

In theory if you keep your old smiley/positive stick you could use it to compare in the future.

I think on the 2nd and more positive days of digi the LH must be even higher hence why its managing to turn the test line as dark as the control.

Does that make sense? I'm a little hungover. Naughty I know.

Edited - written sensitivities wrong way around

Hi All

I think I'm just going to use the digis as a reference and not rely on them. As soon as I see a light line and have a low temp it'll be all systems go.

I'm 12 dpo - lots of symptoms and no positive preg test yet. Why is my body so confusing?!

This TTCing is difficult hun. 12dpo is still early hun. Not out until AF arrives.

If used correctly the CB digi's are very reliable.

Good luck.

I've never had a problem with the CB digitals, so maybe you got a bad batch or something. I don't know. But yeah, like othes ahve said, don't read the stick, jsut go with smiley face or no smiley face. Good luck. hope uou get your BFP this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->