Clear Blue digitals

emma33

Reaction score
so any help appciated..
so im 5+3 today and took a digital which says 2-3 now it said 1-2 at 4+3 does this sound right?... im worrying as i had a mmc last may/June , i have a early scan booked for May 26th , i know people will say step away form the digitals and i know what will be will be etc but it really doesnt stop the worry and advice experiance would be great thanks , i really really just want this to be a sticky bean :baby::baby:

Seems find to me. Clearblue goes by how much HCG is in your system. I no longer recall what is what though. I think 3 weeks is over 3000 HCG. Anyway, what I'm getting at is if you start off a bit lower you wont see the progression when one thinks they might. Or you could have ovulated a bit later or implanted a little later etc. So many reasons to be off by 3 days which is nothing. It went up which means your body is building up HCG for the pregnancy. For me I didn't get 2-3 weeks until also 5w 3d or 4d and 3 plus was 6w. Which all is/was normal and fine.

What helped me was I got blood draws at 11 DPO, 13 DPO and 18 DPO and my HCG were going up nicely. Try to relax. Today you are pregnant.

thankyou for your reply :) i know i would stress with these tests , here in the Uk they dont do hcg blood tests as a regular part of anti natal care.. however i think we can request them i may ring my doc on monday thanks again x

Try not to worry. I wish I had taken my own advice!

I did one of these tests yesterday at 5 w 2 d and started to cry when I saw the 2-3 thinking something was wrong. Called my midwife and she wasn’t concerned but sent me to have my blood drawn anyway – my HcG level was 4278, so not sure why I didn’t get the 3+. I had one last test so decided to use it this morning and then call CB to complain that these things aren’t accurate and then lo and behold up popped the 3+. Maybe it takes longer for the hormone levels to rise in urine than in blood?

I did a lot of reading and many women don’t get the 3+ until they’re about 6 weeks along.

This is what many people dont understand about any kind of pregnancy test. They go based on the amount of hcg PRESENT in the urine. That means anything can affect it such as drinking more water prior to taking the test than at a different time of taking the test, hcg levels rise differently, etc. There are many factors that go into affecting the amount of hcg in the urine. You will never have the same amount of hcg in your urine during the whole day. The only time hcg is reliable is through blood. This is why many people are told to stop testing after you have had at least two consecutive positive tests. They are not an accurate way to determine hcg level or how the pregnancy is going. I get that many people do it for the sake of reassurance, however in most cases it just causes mass worry. If you are wondering how the pregnancy is going, you can request blood from your dr. It doesnt have to be done rutinely. You can request at any time during the very first few weeks.

Thankyou ladies apciciate your replies, it's hard to step away from the tests, but I'm going to try, hcg must be high because I feel really sick, today I am pregnant :cloud9::baby:

To add I didn't use fmu either yes I should know better, c:shrug:

Those tests are awful for,scaring people!! I made sure i didnt do mine until i was 6 weeks because i didnt want to scare myself if it said 2-3, they are wrong most of the time, very unreliable tests, if you want to see 3+ i definately suggest waiting till closer to 6 weeks x

It explains in the leaflet how it works, I got 1-2 weeks but it said docs would say 4-5 weeks, the test goes off the hormone levels in urine and the docs go off your last period so they're both right but it's the doctors dates are the ones you should go by! Hope that makes sense?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"