Clearblue advanced ovulation....accuracy?

MissGossip

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Hope you are all well, okay so to cut a long story short, my partner and I have been trying for nearly 12 months with no success..,I have recently changed OPK to clearblue advanced digital which gives a flashing smily face and then a solid smiley face. Basically you are meant to have 2 days flashing and 2 days solid...I am now on my 7th day flashing and panicking I am not going to ovulate this month! I will be cd 17 tomorrow which is pretty late for me as I have between 26-28 day cycle and nearly always O on cd 15.

Can anyone give me encouragement? Tonight is the last time me and OH can BD as he has his sperm count on Friday and shouldn't have sex at least 3 days before. Hope someone can help! Xxxx

Hi Hun,
I had similar problem with that stupid advanced opk and I ended up exchanging it for the normal opk. I had flashing smiley twice and when i changed it for the normal opk it had a blank smiley.... so I am still waiting to O. Did i mention that I also got a false positive on cd11 on it ( solid smiley). lol well I am glad that I have gone back to the normal one now. Good Luck.

I first used the advanced digital OPK as well .. I had MANY days of the flashing smiley and never a solid smiley and then no smiley! HAHA ... I don't know your situation .. I personally think those OPKs are super duper overly sensitive and I personally switched to the regular digital one (though, I was also taking clomid ... which could've caused the long blinkey face .. ) ... each phase pick up 2 different hormone levels, so I don't know!

I think if you just BD at least every other day, you should be all set (well, except he can't for a few days) .. that's what my DH and I have been doing. Just BDing every other day and then we're covered for whenever we O ... :)

Good Luck! :D

The clear blue track your estrogen which is why if yoy switch readers in the middle you will go from flashy to nothing. They also pick up on estrogen spikes from clomid or other fertility drugs which is why if you use them prior to day 11 on fertility drugs you will get a false positive.

That being said. I get a flashy for about 4 days but some women have the flashy for longer since their estrogen levels get so high. I then get the solid which u/s confirms ovulation (I am on clomid so I go in on day 15 to check for ovulation.) Is it possible to put off your DH's test until/if you get your AF? That way you know you are clear and you won't miss this cycle.

New to this! I have been using clearblue advanced digital ovulation test for 3 days and got 2 O and then today got a solid smiley face ��. How accurate are these and could that be right? Need advices please
Been TTC for almost a year

Some ladies find it very accurate,but it just didn't work for me instead it confused the hell out of me. Oh btw if u got a solid smiley then it is go time. Good luck xx

I've just finished a box of the opks and have never had a flashing smiley! The month I conceived (sadly not successful :-() I never got any positive opk. And yesterday I got a negative in morning, a very strong positive with asda opk at 7pm then a negative clearblue this morning!

All very confusing! X

I'm now on Cycle 5 TTC #1. This was my first cycle using OPKs, specifically the Clearblue advanced digital. Not too sure of the accuracy, but here is my experience from the past week:

I have a 26-27 day cycle. I don't BBT, for the last few months we've been pretty relaxed in our attempts...going by CM and "math" to determine when I will ovulate. This cycle DH came home with the CB ovulation test and said "lets see what science has to offer" hahaha! Anyway, I was getting pretty annoyed when CD14 came and went with no solid smiley face! On Friday morning (CD15) I still had a flashing smiley, so I figured I wasn't going to ovulate this cycle. On my way home from work that evening, I started getting some twinges. Although CB says its best to use FMU, I decided to take a test anyway. Around 6pm I got a solid smiley! DH and I DTD that night and last night. Not too sure if we'll be successful, but I'm really glad we took the guess work out of this process.

Good luck!!!

Hi hope87. Im on cd12 of my second cycle. My first cycle was 37 days long following stopping birth control. I got loads of ewcm the last few days and gave in a got the advance digi. Took one at lunch and solid smiley. Hoping its my cycle xxx

This was my first cycle using the clearblue digital opk and I thought it was very helpful. Make sure you are testing first thing when you wake up after a solid 8 hours. I had a flashing smiley face for two days and then a solid one. I didn't start testing until CD 12. According to my cycle length, it said to start testing on CD 10 but I could just tell my body wasn't close so I waited.

Keep testing. I had 7 finally got my peak. I also talked to the Clearblue hotline and she told me no more then 9 is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->