Clearblue digi with weeks indicator - three tests in one day and different results

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
OK, I am going to sound completely nuts doing three of these expensive tests in one day but I have my reasons...

After a miscarriage at just over 7 weeks two months ago, I was really happy to find out that I am pregnant again (Saturday the 24th of May) at around 11/12 days po. After the miscarriage, I am really nervous about this pregnancy, so I asked the Dr for betas. My first one was on Tuesday at around 14/15 days po and I was surprised to find out it was pretty high at 374. I had another one on Thursday at 17.00 and found that it more than doubled at 998.:happydance:

So far, so good. I did a digi last week and got 2-3, so I thought I would do another one today (Monday - three and a bit days after my last test at around 20 days po) to see if I had gone up. Unfortunately, I couldn't use first morning urine as I had been up and down to the toilet at night. I ended up using mid morning urine after two cups of tea and it came up 2-3 weeks, which surprised me. I then did another test a couple of hours later, again after a cup of hot chocolate (because I was parched and feeling sick) and again got 2-3. Feeling worried, I waited four hours and did not drink anything and used my last test and it came up 3 plus. By my calculations, I should be over 3000 hcg now going by my last betas if doubling every 48 hours. Even if it has slowed down to 72 to hours (as some sites say after your betas reach 1000 hcg), I wonder why it did not go to 3 plus till the last test.

I have had more betas done today, so hopefully it is good news. I would feel gutted if things go wrong again

Sorry for the ramblings!

Has anything like this happened to you?

xxx

Take those tests with a grain of salt.. The indicator is great in theory but its still a home pregnancy test.
I have my fx that you have a sticky bean in there this time. :)

Those tests, from what I've read, tend to work really well for 1-2 and 2-3 thresholds, but fall apart often on the 3+. There are people I know who haven't gotten 3+ until like 8 wks pregnant with completely normal betas/pregnancies. Don't freak yourself out.

Congrats!!!! That test sent me into a panic when I didn't get 3+ when I thought I should have. I read that they are supposed to pick up hcg at 2000+ for the 3+. However, I read a study that said out of 90 tests only 20 picked up hcg at about 2200. All of them picked up hcg at about 4200. So basically you can use 2 in the same urine and get different results. I got my 3+ at 23 dpo with dark brown second morning urine lol. I didn't drink anything the night before or in the morning because I wanted to see that 3+! Totally dumb, but it worked and I stopped testing after that. I also cracked open the cases :blush: and the one from 2 days prior didn't look that much different so it must have been really close to the 3+. Don't let it worry you!!!

Well, a massive relief - got my betas back from yesterday and 4691!!!! More than doubling every 48 hours.

Just goes to show you that a) the conception indicator is not always 100% reliable and b) it must take a few days for hcg rise in the blood to appear in the urine. I did wonder this morning that my hcg must be going up as my boobs are extremely sore and I have had a bit of morning sickness.

Thanks for your kind words ladies.

I had 3+ one day and 2-3 the next. Baby seemed great on Friday :D

Don't let those tests freak you out. Im sure your baby is tucked away, cute as can be. ♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->