Clearblue digital inside test strip

courtney89

Reaction score
I know you aren't supposed to pop these things open but I did! I took the clear blue digital with weeks estimator. I got a not pregnant. I decided to pop it open to have a look and I saw this. 2 lines on the high sensitivity strip and one on the low sensitivity strip. After hours of reading I found out these tests DO NOT test for lh ONLY hcg. I also found out they only have a result line if hcg is detected and if none is detected then no lines will show up other than the control line. So here is my question. Would you ladies (those of you who have dealt with THIS test) say that this is a positive or a negative.

I also read that the lines may show up but not have enough hcg for the test to detect!!! All this information I am getting is off their website Clearblue.

Attachments

• 1396665_590444227685311_1193857093_n.jpg
    1396665_590444227685311_1193857093_n.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 756
Hmmm. I was told there's always lines on these and the digital reader looks for a certain shade of blue when reading for pregnancy. I'd say try again in a couple of days.

Well from what I am reading on the website, the clearblue website if no hcg was detected then it wouldn't have a blue line where the hcg (result line) is. I am driving myself crazy trying to figure this out. I will test here in about 5 days again.

Yeah, I usually just go with cheapies when testing early and once those are positive I play with the more expensive tests. Haha.

My biggest piece of advice would be to never open a digital test. They are way confusing and can give false hope. I would test with a normal test in a few days and see what happens. Anything you see when you tear open a "not pregnant" digi is just going to confuse you and I hate to see anyone experience heartache or disappointment by opening one. I hope you end up getting your bfp in a few days!

https://www.tcoyf.com/forums/t/2818.aspx

Check out that site!!

Unfortunately some women always have a tiny bit amount of hCG in their system, that's why anything under a 5 when getting bloods is considered not pregnant. Digi's also detect other hormones. It's not the amount of lines you see, but the shade of the blue in the lines that makes the digi say 'pregnant' or 'not pregnant'. Your hCG is either too low to register on a digi yet (which are less sensitive than other tests) or you're not pregnant.

Unfortunately some women always have a tiny bit amount of hCG in their system, that's why anything under a 5 when getting bloods is considered not pregnant. Digi's also detect other hormones. It's not the amount of lines you see, but the shade of the blue in the lines that makes the digi say 'pregnant' or 'not pregnant'. Your hCG is either too low to register on a digi yet (which are less sensitive than other tests) or you're not pregnant.

This test does not detect anything but hcg. Spoke to a women from the hotline on the phone

I've also called the hotline and was told it picks up LH as well as hCG ... so not sure now i'm confused lol.

I've also taken digi's when I was not pregnant that had all 3 lines show. Definitely wasn't pregnant.

Here's some info i've found on it. I hope it is just too early to show positive for you though.

"A digital pregnancy test will always have two lines on the strip within it. Digital pregnancy tests detect pregnancy by using a unique and patented testing process that tests for both the pregnancy hormone as well as the lutenizing hormone. In fact, on the instruction leaflet that comes with the Clearblue brand digital pregnancy test, an information box advises, "When you eject the Test Stick you may notice one or two blue lines on the Test Stick. These must be disregarded; only refer to the Display on the Test Holder." A digital pregnancy test reads the results of the pregnancy test by using a special device known as a chromameter. A chromameter, simply put, is capable of detecting different shades of colors that human eye cannot. In relation to a digital pregnancy test, this means that the test is capable of reading different shades within a single band of color on a test strip and is then able to interpret them and display the resulting interpretation on the digital result window. As you can see, a digital pregnancy test operates differently than the standard visual interpretation pregnancy tests, and therefore, cannot be read like a standard pregnancy test. Two lines on a digital pregnancy test, does not mean the woman is pregnant. Unfortunately, many women have gotten their hopes up and suffered unnecessary emotional distress as a result of interpreting the lines on a digital pregnancy test strip visually."

Ive taken these apart in the past and they always have multiple like pregnant or not. Never open a digital test. It will just confuse you. I was also told by clearblue that it will always have 2-3 lines even if not pregnant because many women have small amounts of HCG in their system as well as it can pick an a bit of an lh surge which most women get before AF. The test picks up different shades of blue. So it will always have a few lines but if you are pregnant the shade of blue will be different( not to the human eye but to the mechanics in the test that read the lines)

If it says not pregnant it's either to early and your hormone levels are too low or unfortunately your not pregnant. Sorry.

I know you aren't supposed to pop these things open but I did! I took the clear blue digital with weeks estimator. I got a not pregnant. I decided to pop it open to have a look and I saw this. 2 lines on the high sensitivity strip and one on the low sensitivity strip. After hours of reading I found out these tests DO NOT test for lh ONLY hcg. I also found out they only have a result line if hcg is detected and if none is detected then no lines will show up other than the control line. So here is my question. Would you ladies (those of you who have dealt with THIS test) say that this is a positive or a negative.

I also read that the lines may show up but not have enough hcg for the test to detect!!! All this information I am getting is off their website Clearblue.

that is what mine looked like and i was negativo..

they really do have two lines sorry

I've also called the hotline and was told it picks up LH as well as hCG ... so not sure now i'm confused lol.

it picks up both as lh and hcg are the same but hcg think of it as having bit of a kick...

which is why you can use a opk when very pregnant and hcg can be positive sometimes when you ovulate

I just went and fished mine out of the bin and took it apart for you haha anyway, I got "pregnant 1-2" on this one 2 days ago. I think the difference is that the second strip line is a lot darker than the one you up a pic of, I'm pregnant, maybe that's why you got a negative result?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 890
Yup, as previous posters have said these tests always have two lines on one strip and one on the other - it's the darkness of the lines that the chip reads and gets the results from, sorry hun.

Done several of these myself when not preggers and the temptation to take them apart is just too much :) and there has always been three lines in total.

They're not sensitive tests at all so maybe try a non-digi?

Good luck!

X

FYI

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...learblue-conception-indicator-tests-work.html

Hello ladies... So I found this posting while googling... I recently started trying (into 2-3mos now). I tested 9dpo morning (first response neg), 12dpo evening (first response faint line but definitely visible positive), 13dpo very early morning (first response much fainter- had to look at the right angle positive), 13dpo 6hrs later bc I was nervous (first response a tad, not much more darker- a tad more visible than the am one positive) and 14dpo morning (clearblue digital- not pregnant). I am worried and concerned... I cant help but not be sad and worried. I was experiencing sore breasts, fatigue (but who isnt always tired), hungry, sore back (but have been having previous issues as well), some cramping, some brown (11dpo and 12dpo) and pink'ish (13dpo) cm for at least a wk (if not more)... 14dpo- today same day as not pregnant cb digital I have some cramping, not as hungry, breasts not as sore... I think I am supposed to have my af today or after... what is happening? Ohhh yeah and I have been VERY emotional 13dpo and 14dpo. The 3 faint line positives and 1 negative digital has asking for opinions/ advice/ guidance yet.

In addition, I too after googling and googling popped open the cb test- I had the same lines as most that post- dark control line, faint blue line under and another faint blue line on the 2nd strip. Sooo confused?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->