Clearblue digitals or cbfm?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by BURKY, Dec 14, 2009.

1. BURKY

BURKY Member

Hi all,
    This is my first post. We have been ttc for 18 months now and so far 1 loss at 6 weeks 12 months ago.
    I have irregular periods ranging from 24-48 days (mostly 30's) and i was wondering if i would be best to use the clear blue digital ovulation kits or if to invest in a CBFM?
    IV used the digi's for bout 3-4 cyles so far but nothing so far.:nope:
    if i use the CBFM does it test you each month or presume each month will be the same?
    will it work with my irregular periods?
    Any comments / success stories welcome.:happydance:

2. DragonMummy

DragonMummy Well-Known Member

Firstly I think you should go to your doc and ask for CD21 blood tests to make sure youre ovulating as a cycle like yours could indicate something random going on. Most likely it's nothing but it could be an indication of something like pcos which would render opk's and cmbf useless and a waste of money!!!

In answer to the question, I use both. I'm not taking any chances!!!

3. BURKY

BURKY Member

thanks for that, i forgot to say though i have had all the bloods done bout 15 month ago. they found i had an ovarian cyst but deffo not pcos. when i had a scan when mis the cyst had gone. they did say i had more of the male hormone though than normal what does this mean? would this stop us conceiving again? how long should i wait before i go back to docs, they usually tell me to loose weight my bmi is 40.:cry:

4. BURKY

BURKY Member

i have got the smiley faces on the digitals each time and period 12 days later.