ClearBlue Easy Fertility Monitor users. .

Bakebino

Mom of 1 and Expecting #2
Reaction score
I used the CBEFM for one cylce when ttc #1 and fell pregnant the first time. Up until my "peak" on cd 19 and cd 20, I had all "high" readings.

So now fast forward 2 years and I am on my first cycle ttc #2. I am currently on CD 15 and so far, nothing but "low" readings. I read in the instruction book that after your first cycle the monitor will lower your number of "high" readings to 1 to 5 days. I know I am still a few days away from my expected O date, but I am getting frustrated/worried that maybe something has changed with my cycle since my last time ttc. I have not been on birth control, and I have been getting regular periods.

So for those of you who are using the CBEFM and have used it for more then 1 month, how many high days do you usually get before your "peak"? I know that I am worrying myself un-neccesarily...but I am so excited to finally be ttc #2 and I just want to get on with the bding already :haha:

Hi.. I have been using the CBFM for the past 6 months. The first month that I used it, it gave me low readings from day 6-11 and then high on cd 12 and then peak on cd13. I usually ovulate day 13-14 so its possible it can just give one day of high before peak or 1 or 2 days of high before giving a peak. Since you still have 4 days to go I am guessing u will be getting a high soon. Good luck to you :dust:

Thank you for your response. I tested this morning..still low. I am sure my "high" reading is on it's way...I am just nervous till I actually see it with my own eyes. :dust: to you as well!

Yeah I am like that too. Was so anxious the first month I started using. I got my peak today after 2 days of high :)

Mine was always different, but the month I got a bfp it went from low to peak with no high...so don't always wait for that high to bd!!!

The last two cycles I have had six days of highs before I got my peak this cycle I got three highs before my peak but the third day should have been a peak as I had a positive on a opk and when I dipped a cbfm stick on smu it would have definitely been a peak reading.... so I agree don't wait for the highs to bd :thumbup:

Thanks for the responses! I have not been waiting for the highs to bd. I finally got my first high today! :happydance: Hubby and I dtd on Thursday but took the last few days off because he had his wisdom teeth out on Friday and is a whining mess :haha: He will have to get his act together for today though!!

Ugh it sucks when they're "ill" around o time. We weren't very well covered at all this cycle because hubby had a cold *cough manflu cough*

Hi sorry to butt in but has anyone else's cbfm stopped asking for test sticks before ovulation? Or is mine broken

it will stop asking if you've used 20 sticks in a cycle or are switching it on outside the four hour window hun xx

Thanks for the reply but I haven't used 10 sticks yet and I always switch it on between 6 and 8 though the cat did knock it off the bedside table and it wouldn't switch on so I wiggled the batteries and it worked again. I think I'll just have to go old school the rest of the month with cheap sticks

Oh that maybe why then, maybe try and restart it IF af comes x

So I am on cd25 and have had 7 days of "high" readings but today I finally got my first "peak"!! :happydance:

Is the clear blue fertility monitor different than the clear blue ovulation kit?! I noticed the price is much higher for the monitor, so I was wondering the difference? Is it worth buying the monitor or just use the kit? I have long cycles with late ovulation, so I am in need of something that can help take the guess work out!!
Thanks, ladies!!

I have a regular 24-26 day cycle so I figured the monitor was cheaper for me ( the max strips I use is 10 per cycle). The manual says that it is suitable for women with 21-42 day cycle. How long are your cycles?
I live in Australia and the cost of the 7 pack clearblue ovulation kits is around $55 ( one month supply) and I can get a 4 month monitor test strips for $100 which averages about $25 a month for me. Having said that it all depends on how long you have been trying. I have been ttc for almost 13 months after a miscarriage and in the long run, the monitor is cheaper for me.

Another thing is that I can't hold in urine for a long time. I start getting cramps when I do so using FMU with the monitor works best with me.

Yaay for the peak bakebino. I always get excited when I see the egg symbol.

This will be the 3rd cycle we have been TTC. I got
Off bc and had started my pd. After 30 days, that cycle was 52 days, then my next was 42, the past one was 35, so it's starting to shorten, but I still ovulated on cd25, which only gave me a 10 day luteal phase....we will see what happens this month. Does the monitor help you better determine ovulation? Or
Is it the same? Thank you for your reply!!

I suppose the monitor gives you more of a warning of ovulation with the highs and then a peak so basically you get a minimum of 4 day window whereas with the smiley face, its a no until you hit your peak.

Is the clear blue fertility monitor different than the clear blue ovulation kit?! I noticed the price is much higher for the monitor, so I was wondering the difference? Is it worth buying the monitor or just use the kit? I have long cycles with late ovulation, so I am in need of something that can help take the guess work out!!
Thanks, ladies!!

I personally think the monitor would be best when you have long cycles...especially since you said each cycle is different. The cycle I got pregnant with my daughter was my first cycle using the monitor. I assumed that I ovulated around cd 14, turned out to be cd 19 or 20. Now this is our first cycle ttc #2 and I would have assumed I would ovulate around the same time as before, turns out now it's cd 25 or 26. Without the monitor I would have been bding at the wrong time of my cycle. Plus with the monitor you use either 10 or 20 sticks per cycle, so with having longer cycles you so would have a better chance of catching your o then with an opk which I believe is only 7 sticks. Good luck with whatever you decide :)

Thanks, ladies!!

I personally think the monitor would be best when you have long cycles...especially since you said each cycle is different. The cycle I got pregnant with my daughter was my first cycle using the monitor. I assumed that I ovulated around cd 14, turned out to be cd 19 or 20. Now this is our first cycle ttc #2 and I would have assumed I would ovulate around the same time as before, turns out now it's cd 25 or 26. Without the monitor I would have been bding at the wrong time of my cycle. Plus with the monitor you use either 10 or 20 sticks per cycle, so with having longer cycles you so would have a better chance of catching your o then with an opk which I believe is only 7 sticks. Good luck with whatever you decide :)

Great advice!!!
Thank you! Good luck with baby # 2!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"