ClearBlue fading??

HockeyWife86

Reaction score
Is it common for the clearblue tests to fade?

Bottom test in each photo is from tonight. (bottom test) Darker line on the left is within 3 min, (bottom test) lighter line on the right is after 10 min.
Please tell me this can be normal and not a sign of something?

This is a completely shocking BFP and we are getting another HCG draw on Saturday to make sure my levels are doubling. Dr google has scared me into believing that if the line is fading then we will probably loose our bean :cry:

Attachments

• 8BF12F6F-148A-48C1-BE76-88806A972BAE.jpg
    8BF12F6F-148A-48C1-BE76-88806A972BAE.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 63
It's possible that it's just the test strip drying out, it's darker at first because the urine has just touched it. When they talk about tests getting lighter it's usually when you're testing after a few days and the line is getting lighter on separate tests but even then it could be something known as the hook effect in which you're HCG levels are so high the test can no longer pick them up. If in doubt though phone your GP, I'm sure they'd be able to put your mind at rest.

Tests fade as they dry.

As pp said, it's when a test is lighter (within time limit) than the test you took the day(s) before that you have to worry.

I've kept my bfp test from May (is that weird? Oh well) and it's faded so much you can barely make out the line anymore. It was bold as can be the day I took it.

The test above it is from the day before. Can anyone see if it got darker?

It looks a tad darker but rule of thumb is that your levels double in around 48 hours so you wouldn't be expecting to see much difference from one day to the next :)

I definitely think it looks darker.

It's much better for a test to be dark within 3 minutes then lighten as it dries than the other way around. As what happens after the test dries can't be trusted.

That is a strong bfp. For more reassurance I would take a pink dye test like a frer or even just like an own brand. They're better than blue dyes.
All the best with your blood draw, I'm sure it will be great :D

It definitely looks way darker on the second test. I would ignore anything after the time frame since they can dry out and get wonky. Best of luck!!!

In my experience and ive had a lot of positive tests... pink dye tests tend to dry darker but blue dye always dry lighter! Those tests look perfect to me, congratulations!

In my experience and ive had a lot of positive tests... pink dye tests tend to dry darker but blue dye always dry lighter! Those tests look perfect to me, congratulations!

This ^^^^ xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->