• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Clearblue OPK vs IC

1nceUponATime

Reaction score
A little back story, this is my first month on clomid (never had an ovulation before ever)....I took it days 3-7...Today is CD 20 and I had pretty much given up hope of getting a positive on my OPK's at all....At 10 a.m. I took my normal tests on about a 5 hr hold...My Clearblue OPK (not the advanced, just smiley or no smiley) had a smiley face this morning!...However, my internet cheapie (although slightly darker than other mornings) was still negative....Confused. I don't want to get my hopes up, which one should I trust? Has anyone had this happen?

Also, I'm suppose to go for my day 21 labs....should I get them? Or should i wait to see if I ovulate?

I find they are both great, but at different times of the day. The clear blue one is better with FMU (I use the advanced test), the IC are better in the afternoon.. If I take an IC at 10am, it will be negative, if I take it at 2pm, it's positive (if it's the right time of the month, obviously). Might be worth trying the IC later on in the day. I'd get BDing anyway, a positive is a positive!

I find they are both great, but at different times of the day. The clear blue one is better with FMU (I use the advanced test), the IC are better in the afternoon.. If I take an IC at 10am, it will be negative, if I take it at 2pm, it's positive (if it's the right time of the month, obviously). Might be worth trying the IC later on in the day. I'd get BDing anyway, a positive is a positive!

I am so excited! I really hope I ovulate...unfortunately I cant get to my DH until like 830 pm so I hope that eggy hangs out till then!

I think the clearblue is a little more sensitive then IC's.

I am so excited! I really hope I ovulate...unfortunately I cant get to my DH until like 830 pm so I hope that eggy hangs out till then!

That's ok, a +OPK means you could ovulate within the next 12-24hrs :D Tonight will be perfect! Good luck xxx

My digital went back to open circle this morning, so idk what to think.

It will do if you've ovulated as the hormones will have left your body. They don't stay positive.

^^ this. Timing is everything with these brands.

If I were you I'd still go for your cd21 labs. They will come back saying you didn't ov - but you know you didn't yet anyway. However, the dr will only believe the results & not you or your opks. It might lead them to change the dose of clomid for you. I ov'd between cd15-30 on 50mg clomid, overstimulated on 100mg clomid & we were just about to try 75mg instead to get an earlier day with 1-2 eggs.

What dose are you on??

Good luck!! :flower:

I went and got my lab today, if my temps go up on FF I will ask my doctor for another lab....I am on 50 mg clomid 3-7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"