• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Clearblue positive or negative????

plush_pink

Reaction score
Hi Girlies,

I have been researching this on the internet for 2 straight days now and, as expected, I am getting no answers!!!

I have been experiencing period like pains for over a week now (on and off) and for the last 3 days been having very light spotting. I got advised to do a pregnancy test so thinking I was buying a reliable brand, I went for clearblue plus.

Anyway, two tests later I have noticed a strong horizontal line on both and a very thin but visable blue vertical line to make them both look positive. How do I take this??? I have shown this to many of my friends (who haven't had pregnancies!!) and even a pharmacist and no one can make up their minds.

Please, help because this is all I'm thinking about at the moment! Has anyone else ever had this and turn out to be pregnant?

Thanks x x x

This is the best I can get....

Any thoughts???? x x x

Attachments

• DSC00104.jpg
    DSC00104.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 145
mine looked like that. it was an evap...BUT my best friend said hers looked like that too and she has a 4 year old...sorry i'm confusing...maybe try a different one?

So what would you read from this then. I have another one that I took pretty much immediately afterwards (using the same pot of wee) and has a line very similar....thin, blue and in exactly the same place.

Am I pregnant or is it an evapouration line? Bearing in mind, this came up within the 2 mins x

It is so annoying that it's inconclusive! I don't want to have to buy more....they're not cheap. Maybe it could be very early on in the pregnancy, hence having very little thickness?

well if u have two exactly the same...i'd say BFP BUT i'm no POAS expert...but like i said...my BFF said hers looked like that...maybe wait a couple days? i'm sure there are others who can be more helpful than me

Thanks for your thoughts hun. I'm well confused. Like you said, it's just playing the waiting game for a few days so I can do another.

I've read several stories about clearblue plus being rubbish and giving unreadable results. I bought those as it said 'doctor recommended' on the box!

I did take these tests about 5pm, so maybe the HGC levels are not so high at this point in the day (especially in early pregnancy)?? x

Definitely wait and use a first morning urine...? I really do hope it's a + but man, the "not sure" tests really mess with our heads for sure...

I HATE those things!!!! You are right, they are inconclusive and at the price they are... its a blooming sin!

I have seen evaps just like your pic, but I have also seen an early positive looking exactly the same way...

Think u are going to have to buy a pink dye...

you know what, try calling the 800 number...maybe if u tell them how they BOTH turned out...they'll send u a free pack???? worth a try!!

I might give them a call. The thing that's bugging me the most is that I have had two exactly the same. When I did the first one, i thought it was just an error but then got EXACTLY the same result again. Surely that's major bad luck if they both were faulty or evap lines. Just seems a bit out of order! Blimmin Clearblue x

See, some people are saying 'a line, is a line' and as it is def a blue line and not grey(ish), i'm becoming more convinced. I can't stop staring at it!!!

is the line is thin from the beginning? it supposed to be a bit thicker than that... sorry, it looks like an evap to me... fyi, i never against cb, coz i always got my early bfp's with cb... why don't you test with other brand, just to be sure... or go to dr to confirm your pregnancy... good luck to you...

if it came up within 3-5 min i would say that its positive, but if it was any later than that i'd call it an evap...but try a pink dye test and see or a CB digi

Its a evap i took those test and had the exact same line appear in 2 minutes after taken the test i was so excited to even see a line but that was before i found out how bad blue dye test are but mines were evaps maybe yours are different Gl:)

Hi hun im sorry but they look like evaps :( someone speaking from experience. I took 2 like you did n i had the thin blue line. I would get a pink dye one hun.
Fingers crossed and good luck xx

just buy pink dye tests.cb are bad for givin out false lines.gl

hey hun i used theres test before and they gave me a negative and then the same day i went out and brought different tests they came out posative..

i dont trust these tests i would never use them again

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"