Clever, cool, unique names!

RubyRainbows

TTC Baby#2 Since Oct/2009
Reaction score
I would love to hear some of the most unique names you've heard! Family, friends, students, etc who have really different names that you love! I feel like i keep hearing the same names over and over, many of which i love! But i'm interested to hear some of the "far out there" names you've heard too... and maybe how or why the parents chose that name!

I'll start with one.... my friend named her baby Ily because she and her husband always signed cards, letters, etc. to each other with "Ily" (pronounced "Eye-Lee") at the end.... standing for "I Love You!"

My friend is called Gifty, its certainly unique, Ive never heard it and have never found it on any name websites. I also love Lennon for a boy, not that unusual now but I have loved it for several years :thumbup:, before it became more popular. xx

Theres an Isis at the girls school, also heard Arlo and Jed for a boy.

A girl in university was called Toto and a guy in school was called Lorrie

My friend has a daughter called Akiva.

I love the idea of unique names but don't think i would be brave enough to make up my own name! I would worry that someday my baby would wish i had just given him/her a "normal" name!

Akiva is very pretty!

I have always loved the name Kylo (Ky-Low) for a boy. I have never heard this name before, so i guess i made it up, although it seems like it should be a real name (like Mylo & Arlo).

my daughter kyrajade's nickname is kylo... due to her having a large bum like j-lo...

I love the name Nevaeh or (heaven backwards) for a little girl. We have thought a lot about using it.

There was a girl I went to school with; Jade - Her parents names were Jack & Debbie. Not a very unique name, but the meaning behind it is kinda clever!

I know of a little girl named Hazel Sapphire... and another little girl named Whisper-Lyn!

I also came up with the name "Halo" for a little girl... although i've never heard anyone use it! But they should!

I love the name Trinity, too, which i think is a bit different! But my OH said "no way!"

I heard the name Grafton whilst I was out in the states which i'd never heard before. Not sure if I like it too much as it reminds me of skin graft!

I have a cousin called Jed, it's an old bible name, never met another one with that name though!

And one of the girls I worked with out in Florida was called Prisca, I think she said it was short for Priscilla but I really like it and it suited her!

I read a magazine story about a mother who named their daughter "TAOME" It stands for "The Apple Of My Eye" I thought it was lovely! x

I know someone called Chinka and my cousin has a little girl called Eileenah, it's her trying to modernise Eileen. It's pronounced E- leena

ily is such a good idea as a name :O
my daughters going to be called rosalie, which isnt very unique i guess...
My sisters daughters are called melody, willow and her new born is called storm :)

My brother is called Sorrel which i guess is quite unusual. His middle name is Brett which you don't hear too often either.

He renamed himself Boss for a year when he about 8 but apart from that strange 1980s blip he really likes his name.

Lol... Bobby that is cute about your brother's childhood nickname!

Momma2bee - Rosalie is very pretty and i LOVE all of your neices names... especially Willow!!

I love Ily! Me and hub do that on emails all the time - it's gone on the list!

I went to school with a girl called Coral Raine Bubbles :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->