clicking from belly

UkCath

Reaction score
My belly seems to click several times a day now. I thought it was the baby's joints but someone else said it could be fluid.

i have seen other people talk about it on this forum and thought it must be normal.

just met with a few of the girls from my nct class though and they all thought it sounded odd.., do many other people get this!!??

I had this with my last pregnancy I thought it was DH at first slapping his lips but after listening carefully it was coming from
my bump. I mentioned it to my Consultant and he said it was fine. I worried at first that it was DS hips or something? He was fine :)

Just waiting to see if I get it with this pregnancy also.

I've been getting it for the last few wks too,several times a day.
Its my 3rd baby and I never experienced this with the other 2!
I did ask my doc at my last appointment and she said it was babies joints and nothing to worry about apparently.Its still freaky though isn't it?!!!

I've been getting it for the last few wks too,several times a day.
Its my 3rd baby and I never experienced this with the other 2!
I did ask my doc at my last appointment and she said it was babies joints and nothing to worry about apparently.Its still freaky though isn't it?!!!

very.. it does seem to be when she is having a good shuffle about in there.

Yeh same,its when my lo is having a wriggle I hear it too!its bizarre!

same! xx
I wonder if i should be eating more fish oil or something??? I'm mostly-vegetarian (i do eat fish)

Me too! ive had this for months i told my midwife and she just looked at me as if i was mad. The more his growing the more its happening now when he moves. I believe its babies joints after doing lots of research.

I get this. When he isn't hiccuping he is clicking. Weird child. I have heard that it can be anything from fluid, to joints, to air in the tendons of the baby. Made me jump put of my skin the first time. It sounded like a twig snapping.

Glad I came across this as I kept forgetting to ask my MW what it was! It is really strange and my son didn't do it so I was worried! X

I have this too and it's the first time I've heard of anyone else having it, so thanks for posting (although he's dfue any day now, it makes little difference!). I can hear the clicks right in the centre of my belly quite a few times a day but no one else aroudn me seems to hear them - but maybe it's just because they haven't got the patience to listen!

I had this with my first daughter late in 3rd tri, I thought it was really strange and even my mum could hear it when she listened quietly. I had no idea what it was until she was born sucking her thumb and I immedietely recognised the clicking sound. I assumed that she had been sucking her thumb whilst in the womb, it was definately the same clicking sound.

I get this too, oh thought I was goin mad til he heard it for himself x

im getting this too i actually thought i was loosing the plot i get it a good few times a day

I'm getting this as well! Really odd but I love the idea that it is baby sucking their thumb!

It's good to know it's not that uncommon.
Thanks.

i get that too and its only when baby moves so i thought it was her joints but i asked midwife and they dont know. One night i thought her neck has snapped thats how loud it was and it was down below it goes straight through me gross :wacko:

my lil man clicks everyday lol.. dunno what it is.. or what hes getting upto.. but i hear it quite a lot and have had this clicking noise for months..

not too worried about it though as other pregnant women seem to experience the same thing.. pregnancy is weird sometimes lol.. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->