Clocks going back

ronnie1234

One child aged five
Reaction score
How do you deal with clocks going back?

Later bedtime or just wing it & hope?!

We've never had an issue with it, we just change our clocks and put DS to bed at around 7pm as normal. If he were to wake an hour earlier I would just go in and tell him that it's not "awake" time yet, he's not allowed out of bed until after 7am lol. He's a very easy going child with his sleep, and will happily lie in bed until he falls asleep even if he's been there over an hour, I am very much expecting my comeuppance with this next child lol.

How does your LO understand to stay in bed until 7? Does he not shout for you?

How does your LO understand to stay in bed until 7? Does he not shout for you?

He does sometimes, and if it's before 7 I will go in and tell him it's not time to get up yet and he will just lie back down, sometimes I have to sing twinkle twinkle, but he will go back down. It's not very often it happens because I guess his body clock has adjusted to not waking too early as it's something I have encouraged from, well from day one actually, back when he was a baby if he woke at 6.30am I would treat it as a middle of the night wake. It's a little more difficult in summer as even with blackout blinds he can see there is a bit of light, but he's very good. I only leave him unless he wants me to go in, sometimes he will just chat for a bit to himself and then call me. He's the same at bedtime, he will chat to himself for a while before nodding off, although will call me if he needs the toilet or has dropped something!

Jeez I hadn't really thought of this. My LO gets up at 5am. I seriously cannot cope with 4am starts.

I stick to the same bedtime, put the clocks back before I go to bed, and hope to god they wake at the usual time and not an hour earlier. 5:30 is already early enough :/

It has actually never affected any of mine, the eldest is 12 now

I just ignore the change in the morning so if it was 7 and is now 6 I treat it as if it is 7. Then I build the extra hour into the day around lunch time/afternoon. By the time bedtime comes around kids have been up an extra hour, but it doesn't affect the sleep.

We have always winged it and it has been fine.

We do use a gro clock where she knows she isn't allowed up until the sunshine comes on. She might try to get up for a few days but she slips into the new time quite easily.

She's been going to bed an hour later than usual anyway the last few weeks so I'll just stick with that.

We've never had an issue with it, we just change our clocks and put DS to bed at around 7pm as normal. If he were to wake an hour earlier I would just go in and tell him that it's not "awake" time yet, he's not allowed out of bed until after 7am lol. He's a very easy going child with his sleep, and will happily lie in bed until he falls asleep even if he's been there over an hour, I am very much expecting my comeuppance with this next child lol.

^^ wss

This is me, almost exactly (especially including the part about expecting #2 to be awful!)

My DS goes to bed between 7:30 - 8pm, and in the morning he tends to wake anywhere from 7:30 - 8:30am. If he wakes up earlier than this I tell him it's "too early" and worst case--if he's WIDE awake--I'll give him a toy to keep in his crib (usually one or two of his duplo cars) and tell him he can play until it's time to get up (usually this isn't necessary though, just explaining to him that it's too early and sometimes letting him whine for 5 - 10 minutes and then he'll lay down on his own and either go back to sleep or talk to himself in his crib until he hears me get up).

I generally wing it. My eldest has never been affected so hes always just gone to bed slightly later and then in the morning we leave him.
My youngest is more of a pain. She will wake up earlier than normal but it only lasts a couple of days so its not really a problem.

I haven't even thought about it! ARRRRGH. When do the clocks change?

weve always done the same too! we don't get DD out of bed before 7 very rare she does wake before then but is she wakes around 6 for the toilet she will go back to bed no bother! I too am expecting none sleepers this time with these 2 lol but praying they take after me and love sleep ;) x

I'm starting to think the clock change will be good as Maria didn't get up til 11 this morning!

When do they go back?

They change on the 27th October (UK)
urgh, I have an early waker so I am dreading it. Any opportunity to mess up sleep and DD will take it! I think we will move bedtime half an hr for 2 days beforehand and see how the mornings go.

We've never had to do anything about it. We just carry on with our normal bedtimes according to the clock. Bedtimes are generally a bit flexible anyway - 7.30pm is the time we aim for but it can be anywhere between 7pm and 8pm - so it really doesn't make much difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->