**clomid 150mg/metformin 1500mg anyone???

StephHastings

TTC Baby #2 With PCOS
Reaction score
So... My doctor bumped me up to 150MG of CLOMID CD 5-9 and 1500MG of Metformin.. Is anyone Currently on this dosage? This is my last Trial of CLomid before I have to revert back to a FS. I saw the FS today and he basically told me I was overweight and needed to loose weight before he would help me. So he uped the Metformin, and my OBGYN upd the clomid.. Anyone?? I would love to hear feed back..

Thanks

Im on 2000mg Metformin and was on 100mg clomid, FS was going to up me to 150 but didnt need to in the end. He said that Id need monitoring on 150 tho because of the risk of OHSS

Losing weight will probably help but might not get you all the way there, its hard to diet while on clomid but if the clomid doesnt get you ovulating then id make losing weight a priority - low/limited carb usually works best for ppl with PCOS

X

im on 2000mg of metformin i have been for almost 6months and nothing!! should i ask for clomid?

Clomid is a good drug, I did ovulate but it wasnt enough to become pregnant. :(

i was on 2k metformin + 150 clomid (days 3-9) with 2 other drugs( dexamethasone and avandia) and got nada from it. i had one cycle of 2 follicles, nothing on any others. im "special" > : \

my first dose of metformin was 1500, the second month was 2000. that second month was when i got my 2 follicles also had another drug added (aside from steroids)-- the avandia. ive been on 2000 ever since but im in the middle of my first IVF cycle now.

i find that in dealing with weight... it sometimes is easier to bring it up yourself.
i always started with "aside from losing weight, what else can we do.( i was actively losing weight at the time) " the doctor then tends to drop the fact that you are over weight. my regular doctor refused to give me clomid and insisted a FS handle it, which i appreciated . that way i had ultrasounds to confirm or deny the medicines working.

i even dropped the weight bomb when i headed to IVF. i asked if i needed to lose weight before starting IVF, and was told (very awkwardly lol) that people much larger than me had been fine, and they only speak to certain patients about weight loss. the poor nurse was so embarrassed when i asked that. she mumbled and stumbled over herself for about 2 minutes ( of course in a phone message i play over and over again) and finally came out with "youre fine, the weight isnt a problem" hah.
we all know that losing weight can only help the situation, especially if you do become pregnant, so do your best to try that and keep your doctor in the loop. if they know youre putting in some effort, they tend to be a lot more nice :) i lost a lot of weight when i started this journey, and ive put it all back on from depression and the steroids i was on for 6 months. it is a bummer. im sad about it, my doctor is polite enough to not say anything about it since i beat myself up about it at every appointment. he feels badly about it since i begged monthly to be taken off the steroids :( happily now im not on them!

good luck to you. i do know some doctors will not work with patients with a BMI over 30 that may be the case with yours. fingers crossed for you. remember, asking for clomid wont always be a magical fixer upper. it did squat for me. :\

Thanks so much for the encouragement!! Today starts the BD days with DH we are praying hard that June is our month. If I don't get pregnant I think I am just going to stay on Metformin 1500mg and pray hard each month that god blesses us, because going to a FS is very expensive! :(

im on 2000mg of metformin i have been for almost 6months and nothing!! should i ask for clomid?

Clomid is a great drug, and has a great success. Some people ovulate on the first try some dont at all.. It depends on your body. Its worth a try!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->