Clomid #2, OV 2weeks late. AF 4days late. Let's wait this out!

Oh yay pirate for BFP!! Congratss!!!

Sorry havent been checking in for awhile. I've been super busy.

Sorry about AF dgstarzz1! Let's do it for january baby then!! :)

I finally went to the doc to get myself checked. And to get another round of clomid. I spent alot of time asking the dr abt the littlest thing, im sure he felt annoyed lol but he kept his cool and try to answer to my qns. I asked if he could check if im ovulating this month and he agree to do a scan! So im going in on 14th/CD11 to have a check and he will follow thru from there. I also asked for smth to thicken my uterine lining, expressing my frustration about how we've got everything timed so perfectly and yet still not pregnant. I told him I dont want for our hard work to end in a mc just because my uterine is thin, and thinning that's caused by taking clomid. So he agree to follow up closely on my progress this month.

Oh and the scan this month shows alot more cysts and bigger ones than 2 months ago. It's starting to scare me actually. *cry*

Im really worried and I hope with this month's follow up, we will be able to narrow down to what the problem might be.

That's good you went to your doctor. If this month doesn't work for us I'm going to another doctor in a different town. So how is he going to check for ovulation? CD11 seems very early to be checking for ovulation. What is he going to do about your uterine lining? Are you going to have an ultrasound? I ordered some progesterone cream, I think I'm going to use it this month. I'm slightly hesitant since my progesterone level was alright (and I've heard too much prog. can be bad too), but AF seems to be short and sweet again this month. If my lining is thick enough AF would be longer than 24 hours.

I'm sorry to hear you are battling cysts :( How did you find out that you had them to begin with? I'm wondering if something like that is interfering with our fertility, as i've never had an ultrasound to check my uterus and tubes.

Well lets hope this month flies by!! January 2015 babies!

Well, back in january when I had that one day period (very unusual for me), I panicked and made myself believe that I might have ectopic pregnancy (I was feeling pricking pain on left ovary for 2 weeks after that short af). I went to the dr n told him my concern. He did a scan on me and saw that I have cysts. That's the first time I ever had ultrasound and saw blobs of cysts.

This month, dr will be doing the same scan, and will be measuring my eggs. At cd11, he thinks that at least 1 egg should be the dominant egg. And he will continue to measure this egg every other day or so I think, to make sure that the egg continues to grow (it should, otherwise smth isnt right and I might be having annovulatory cycle). Once the egg is released (OV) the scan should show a collapse circle (corpus luteum). I think that's how he will know for sure if im ovulating.

Oh and im not sure how he will help thicken my lining tho. He's not v clear on that.

He said tests like opk and fern and temp is unreliable. Well, Im not sure I entirely agree with him on that lol.

Sometimes I wonder if i should go see a female dr. Maybe she can relate to me more?? Hhmm..

Oh, and Dr thinks that cysts is definitely delaying my pregnancy so he thinks I should tackle this first before anything else (like checking dh).

Well we shall see how it goes for me. Fx!!!

My AF arrived on 2nd April too. This month me and my DH went to gyno to check up whats the issue as we are trying from past 6 months.

We did several tests, I dint got my reports yet. We got my DH semen analysis report. Can you please check below? and share your views?

Doctor appointment is on 11th April and we are unable to wait

My main concern is agglutination mentioned but can this be due to 7 days of abstinence?

Physical Examination:

Volume: 2.5ML
Odour: Seminal Musky
Viscosity: Viscous
Liquefication: 15 Min
Viscosity: Viscous

Micro Scopic Examination:

Total Sperm Count: 88 Millions
Active: 30%
Shuggish: 40%
Death: 30%

Morphology:

Normal: 30%
Abnormal: 70%
Aggulutination: Micro Fibre Aggulutination may be due to more than 7 days of abstinence (my husband and me dint BD for more then 7 days due to my periods and other reasons so report says as he dint ejeculated in past 7 days it may be shown)

Fructose: Present

OTHER FINDINGS:

PUS: 1-2 Cells/HPF
EPI: Occational/HPF
RBC: Absent

Hey apms, welcome!!

We've been trying for 6 months too. This is #7. Im going to see my doctor on 11th or 14th. But we'll probably go on 14th.

Im sorry I cant shed lights on the results. DH never had his tested so im not sure how to read it. But i think sperm count of 88mill is considered high? Then again dont take my word for it. Im really not sure.

Whatever it is, I hope things are okay with you and yr DH. Update us!

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I think the count is good and everything else is normal too.

My husband just talked with the lab manager who did the test and he said the agglutination which we are thinking is different then what he mentioned in report. He says this does not prevent pregnancy and doesnt have any connection with anti bodies agglutination and its very minor so it is not an issue at all. He said to talk to doctor about it in our appointment and she should be able to explain better :happydance::happydance::happydance:

That's interesting, I feel like I should get checked for cysts. Especially after this month I had a dull throbbing feeling around the right side of my uterus around ovulation and through AF. I thought at first it had something to do with pregnancy, but obviously not. Did your dr do another ultrasound for cysts when you went? What will he do to treat it?

My dr also said that temps are unreliable and to stop doing it. I feel like it was very helpful for a few months, but I think I have gained as much from it as I can so I'm not going to temp anymore. My dr encouraged me to use OPK's though.

I think I'm going to get a female dr also, I've always had a female dr and this male dr I have currently I'm not a big fan of. He treats my concerns like i'm just overreacting for no reason. Not the kind of dr I want!

Look, I haven't been tempting! Im pretty sure my temp is doing just fine LOL. Funny how doctors dont believe in tempting, I still kind of do. Altho, in the beginning of this cycle I told myself I'm gonna depend only on temp, I think my view has slightly changed! I think ultrasound and missed period is the surest way to be sure, and of course a BFP. My mom told me that the way to know if I'm pregnant is to wait for 2 weeks after missed period before testing! I was like "are you serious?!?!" LOL. I guess her time was different, she lived in a much laid back environment. I don't think I can apply what she said to myself tho LOL. I mean I go crazy as soon as I've done my deeds, keep thinking if it's meant to be this month. LOL. Can never wait for that long, I'm sure. But I would like to try tho...!!! Should I?!?! Hahaha...

Dgstarzz1, I agree! This doctor seems to dismiss my concern! Like I'm some crazy woman. My DH was sitting next to me the whole time, being very silent and letting me vent abt my worries and frustration to this doctor. I think he saw how this doctor dismissed my concern. DH asked me if I wanna seek a female doctor opinion instead, I thought I will wait until his round of treatment is complete. For now, we still have the scan for ovulation, and hopefully we did it this month. If not, then maybe I will wait for another cycle on clomid before seeking female doctor's opinion.

Yes, when the doctor did a scan on me, he will scan for everything. Uterus, to see if it's correctly shaped and if the endometrial lining is inline with its stage in the cycle. Ovary, and saw cysts in there! they got bigger this month, even I can see it! =( I suspect it was the clomid causing them to grow bigger. Clomid can increase the chance of multiple pregnancy, so I'm thinking maybe that's why the cysts have all gotten bigger! Maybe that's how clomid can result in twins and triplets, it stimulates these cysts to grow together and then released together. Maybe?

Anyhoo, that's the updates from me! I'm on CD8 now. A looooonnnngggg way to go!

Let's do it for january baby!!!!

My doc gave me hcg injection on 11th April to trigger ovulation and today on ultrasound she said my follicle ruptured which means the egg was released yesterday but later she added and asked us to do intercourse today and tomorrow night i.e. almost after 36 hours of getting follicle ruptured.

I would like to know is egg released right after follicle ruptures or is it released after few hours?

My doc gave me hcg injection on 11th April to trigger ovulation and today on ultrasound she said my follicle ruptured which means the egg was released yesterday but later she added and asked us to do intercourse today and tomorrow night i.e. almost after 36 hours of getting follicle ruptured.

I would like to know is egg released right after follicle ruptures or is it released after few hours?

Hey amps, Im pretty sure the egg is released right after the follicle ruptures.

Are u officially in your tww now? I hope i'll join you soon! =)

Ladies, haven't been here in a long while. as scheduled, i went for a scan on 14th apr and the follicles were huge!! But among them, there should only be 1 dominant follicle. I was supposed to do another scan today but doctor went for a workshop so we'll do the scan tomorrow.

I didn't fuss over my cm at all this month. I wanted to temp but ended up not tempting. So i haven't tempted yet. I haven't done opk and ferning test either. I might start soon though.

been taking metformin regularly, and im really hoping to see something positive on the scan tomorrow. if not, it means clomid and metformin isn't helping my eggs grow at all. =(

that's about it for today! will update when i've smth more interesting!

Btw, I'm CD 13 now!

The month is always so boring until right before ovulation day huh? lol

I don't have much to report unfortunately, because I too haven't been temping or anything yet. It's been nice to not worry about it actually. I was even considering today whether or not I even want to use OPK's. The only reason I think I will is since i'm not temping, it will be the only way to know which day I ovulated (I usually ovulate the same day I get a positive OPK), and then I will have a more accurate TWW! I will be CD11 tomorrow, so about 1 week until potential ovulation day!

So it's good that your follicles were getting huge right?? Look forward to hearing about your next scan, fingers crossed you have a dominant follicle still growing! I've made an appt with a new doctor, a female this time, however she's totally full for new patients until the end of May! It's a long wait, but hopefully by then I'll be going in for a pregnancy visit anyway :) She was highly recommended so I think it will be worth the wait.

Ugh... so this is probably TMI, but I've had like an infected hair follicle "down below" for almost a week now. I picked at it which turned it into a sore, I should have left it alone. It hurt pretty bad to sit or go to the bathroom for a few days. It's almost healed up now, thankfully. My poor DH though has not had any fun in the bedroom for quite some time now thanks to AF and now that, he's very anxious for baby making to start LOL

Well I'm thinking that both of us being more casual this month and not monitoring every single thing our body does will be good for us, and hopefully be leading to some good results!

BTW, I started taking Mucinex today now that I'm a week before ovulation, we will see how to that effects my CM!

The month is always so boring until right before ovulation day huh? lol

I don't have much to report unfortunately, because I too haven't been temping or anything yet. It's been nice to not worry about it actually. I was even considering today whether or not I even want to use OPK's. The only reason I think I will is since i'm not temping, it will be the only way to know which day I ovulated (I usually ovulate the same day I get a positive OPK), and then I will have a more accurate TWW! I will be CD11 tomorrow, so about 1 week until potential ovulation day!

So it's good that your follicles were getting huge right?? Look forward to hearing about your next scan, fingers crossed you have a dominant follicle still growing! I've made an appt with a new doctor, a female this time, however she's totally full for new patients until the end of May! It's a long wait, but hopefully by then I'll be going in for a pregnancy visit anyway :) She was highly recommended so I think it will be worth the wait.

Ugh... so this is probably TMI, but I've had like an infected hair follicle "down below" for almost a week now. I picked at it which turned it into a sore, I should have left it alone. It hurt pretty bad to sit or go to the bathroom for a few days. It's almost healed up now, thankfully. My poor DH though has not had any fun in the bedroom for quite some time now thanks to AF and now that, he's very anxious for baby making to start LOL

Well I'm thinking that both of us being more casual this month and not monitoring every single thing our body does will be good for us, and hopefully be leading to some good results!

Hey buddy!! Sorry havent been checking in for awhile. Yes I am pretty pleased that im not obsessed over it this month, it's made waiting a lot easier.:winkwink:

LOL. I know what it's like to itch and pick on the itch! I think I would do the same too, and regret later on haha. Im glad it's almost healed now. :flower:

And yes really hope your first appointment with the female doctor will be for early pregnancy check up! It will be great!! :happydance:

Alright, my update now. I did go for another scan and my doctor thinks he could see one dominant follicle on my left ov. it grew from 0.8mm to 1.2mm I think. and according to the doctor, the follicle should measure about 1.8mm before it ovulates. I did ask if it's possible for follicle measuring 1.2mm to stop growing and form a bigger cyst? He said it's quite unlikely. So, I'm taking his word for it and really hope the next scan will show very clearly a dominant follicle measuring bigger than last scan! My next scan is tomorrow, so fx!!!

At first my dr thought I will ovulate on the 18th April, while FF put me on 22nd April. I thought my dr was wrong and I was right to think so LOL. I trusted FF prediction more than his haha. And when we measure the follicle on the last scan, it was already 17th April and with follicle measuring just 1.2mm, he finally agreed that ovulation will not happen on 18th! So he was leaning towards 22nd April so yay we are now on the same page! He asked me to come in on 21st to see if the follicle has grown to around 1.8mm, if so, he will do another scan a few days after the predicted ovulation and he will look for a collapse corpus luteum to confirm ovulation. I'm just so excited that we are on the same page and the good feeling of knowing where we are right now really does give me some peace of mind. It helps me stay away from google and googling every single thing. That said, it does get costly to do all these scans. But I thought it will help us see if clomid is working for me to trigger ovulation, if not, I dont want to waste another month doing clomid and start looking for other ways to treat this infertility.

I just started tempting again today, just to spot the temp rise! That's all from me. Im on CD 17 today! Will update soon!:flower::flower::flower:

Ladies,

Another scan done! And there was a dominant follicle, measuring about 1.7mm but not completely round. Dr was sure the egg had been released! We bd last night but it was our only bd after 8days! So im not sure if we will catch that egg. Good news is, I can be sure clomid works for me. So if we dont get pregnant this month I will continue taking clomid next month.

Thats great news, Grace - I too had my follicles monitored for confirming If I ovulate - and I did ! It helps to reassure of one's chances to conceive :) I hope this is your month , FX!

Awesome news!! So you are 1 DPO today?? Did your temps also confirm ovulation or your OPK's? I should be ovulating in 3 days. We started bd'ing yesterday and will continue each day until Saturday just to be safe. Although I haven't done any temps or OPK's yet. It's been nice not worrying about it! I think I'll OPK tomorrow though if I remember.

So taking the mucinex each day 2x/day has helped my CM a LOT! I've had a ton (tmi) of EW CM starting yesterday! So that's great because my CM has been more watery and creamy instead of EW in the past.

And I just realized today that if we get our BFP this cycle, we will get to celebrate Mother's Day next month :) FX!

Oh yes, I really hope we get to Mother's day being mommies :D

Ladies,
Im so confused right now I need help.

So from ym last update, dr thought I ovulated, that was on monday. Now I's thursday but my temp is still low, no spike yet! And I've been using opk too and no positive. I mean if I missed the opk positive, at least my temp will be high right?

I know the dr dont trust bbt. But I've been getting spike in my last 2 cycles I temp. And last cycle I had a positive opk and spike in bbt the next day.

Im really confused, scared and worried now. I am starting to believe that I have not ovulated yet AND that I may not ovulate this month at all! =(

What should I do? Im so worried.

Perhaps your temp spike is delayed. This is the first time you've confirmed through ultrasound that you've ovulated, right? So perhaps in the past couple months you've ovulated and then several days later gotten your temp spike which may be why you haven't gotten pregnant yet: because your timing is off for bd'ing. That's my take on the situation at least! Don't lose hope for this month yet!

I'm still waiting for ovulation myself, haven't used an OPK today yet, will later. Yesterdays was negative. I'm expected ovulation tomorrowish. I usually get a positive opk on ovulation day. My and the DH have BD every day this week so we are getting our bases covered! lol

Perhaps your temp spike is delayed. This is the first time you've confirmed through ultrasound that you've ovulated, right? So perhaps in the past couple months you've ovulated and then several days later gotten your temp spike which may be why you haven't gotten pregnant yet: because your timing is off for bd'ing. That's my take on the situation at least! Don't lose hope for this month yet!

I'm still waiting for ovulation myself, haven't used an OPK today yet, will later. Yesterdays was negative. I'm expected ovulation tomorrowish. I usually get a positive opk on ovulation day. My and the DH have BD every day this week so we are getting our bases covered! lol

Dgstarzz1, Thanks hun for the encouragement!!! :hugs::cry:

Actually, I am more convinced that I have not ovulated yet. We did scans and the follicle measured 1.7mm, the only reason for the dr's assumption was that the shape of the follicle was not completely round. But I think it might just be caused by the angle at which the scan was done. If it was a round follicle, then it will still be a few days before I would ovulate, to allow time for the follicle to grow to between 1.8 to 2.4mm (based on what I read). Also, once the follicle releases the egg, the shape will be quite irregular, not smooth round, or it will just disappear completely from the ovary and showing traces of fluid around the exit of the ovary. But I dont think we observe any of these except for the lack of roundness to the 1.7mm follicle. Because of this, I am convinced that the dr had made the wrong call, plus the lack of other supporting signs like increased bbt and positive opk.

I've been using OPK for 4 days now, first 3 days was light but yesterday it was getting quite dark. Im going to use another OPK today to see if it gets darker. I hope it will, and then followed by temp spike tmr morning. I will be thankful for positive OPK and bbt spike now despite delayed OV. I just want me to ovulate. :cry:

So while waiting for OV, we've been bd-ing regularly, every other day, to allow DH sperm to grow and mature (i assume) Lol. :spermy:

I think we might ovulate on around the same day again this cycle?? Yay!!! :hugs::happydance:

Great that your OPKs are getting darker :thumbup: BD away!!

Oh awesome! My OPKs got darker today also! I thought I would ovulate today but I guess not, so I'm thinking tomorrow! So sounds like we will be ovulating pretty much the same time! That will make our TWW easier for us!

Molgold, have you ovulated yet??

Oh duh, I just saw your signature! 7 DPO? Only 7 more to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->