Clomid 50mg - CD22 and no ovulation?

babysquash

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I would love to hear from anyone else on their experiences with Clomid. This is my first cycle on it and I'm really confused right now. :shrug: So I took it 3-7 and I started OPKs on CD11. I'm using Wondfo. I started get pains on both sides around CD15 and it continued for a couple days. I'm now on CD22 and I still have not gotten a positive OPK and my temps don't show ovulation as far as I can tell. I did get one OPK that looked like it was getting darker but I didn't note it thinking it was definitely negative so I don't know when that happened (possibly around CD13). I had EWCM for several days around the time that I was feeling the cramps.

Today I'm feeling really crappy: nausea, diarrhea, dizziness, bloated, sensitive nipples and joint pain.

Any thoughts on what might be going on? Is it possible to ovulate this late? My chart is linked in my signature if anyone wants to look (click on the FF ticker).

Thanks! I'm hoping that we're not out yet but I'm starting to feel very discouraged. I have PCOS and I don't think that I ovulate on my own so we're crossing fingers and toes that Clomid works for us.

What may be happening is that your body geared up to ovulate but it didn't. I had no luck with clomid. I did it 2 rounds and it was horrible for me. But when I started Letrozole I had the same thing as you on my first cycle. The dose wasn't high enough. My body tried but it just couldn't get there.

it is also possible, especially if you have long cycles, to ovulate later on. If nothing comes of this cycle then they will likely up the dose. I also suggest you get a day 21 progesterone test. It normally should be a 7DPO test but if you don't know when you will ovulate then day 21 is the standard day to start. This test will confirm if ovulation has happened.

You may also want to look into Letrozole (aka Femara). Most docs don't prescribe it right away. Clomid is the standard go to drug. But Letrozole has way less side effects both on your uterus and for you physically. I had success on it. My second cycle I was ovulating and I got my bfp on my third cycle. That ended in a mc so I am back to square one but I have high hopes of it working again.

I agree with Aayla it sounds like you tried but just couldn't. I would also look into femara. I have done both and femara was ton easier on me.

Thank you both so much! I kind of figured that was the case but this is only my first round and I'm on the lowest dose so it's not entirely unexpected.

I'll talk to my doctor about the next steps. The big issue for me is that our insurance doesn't cover fertility treatments so right now I'm seeing my obgyn and he's kind of limited on what he can prescribe. He said if I get up to 200mg and Clomid doesn't work, he'll refer me to an RE. I'm worried though, that we won't be able to afford that out of pocket if insurance denies coverage. But I'll keep Femara in mind, thank you again!!

It's possible the dose just isn't high enough it doesn't necessarily mean clomid won't work for you.

I ovulated on cd 31 the month we conceived my lg on 100mg.

The advice in my pack from the fertility clinic is to wait until day 35 then if you haven't ovulated or had AF in my case take provera to induce AF.
Then go up to 100mg, same again wait till day 35
If needed go up to 150mg
After that we had a review appointment to talk about hsg/ metformin/ injections

Thanks lovecakes and congrats on your little girl! You're giving me hope that 100mg might work for me too! I have instructions from my doctor to call him if I don't ovulate so yeah, I'm going to give it a bit more time just in case and then call. He also mentioned metformin as a next step so it sounds like we are getting similar treatment. I don't mind the side effects on Clomid (they were pretty mild for me) but it sucks to get them and then not O! That's going to be the hardest part every month for sure for me.

I wanted to follow-up on this thread in case anyone else has the same issue.....according to my chart I did ovulate on CD22! The line is still dotted because I never got a positive OPK but I think the possibility is pretty high. I'll see what my temps do over the next week and also give my doctor a call to see what he thinks. FX I ovulated though and for anyone else who uses Clomid....apparently sometimes it takes awhile to O lol so keep testing!

The only bummer is that we kind of stopped BD when we thought it wasn't working. Oops! But if we missed the egg this time, at least we know that I can ovulate! :happydance:

I didnt ovulate on 50mg but I did on 100mg and I ovulated earlier than I would have expected. I consieved on 100mg also. I have a 1 year old now. Good luck!

I didnt ovulate on 50mg but I did on 100mg and I ovulated earlier than I would have expected. I consieved on 100mg also. I have a 1 year old now. Good luck!

Thanks jadza, that gives me hope! And congratulations on your little one!

I'm following this. My OB doesn't think I'm ovulating since I've had an 18 day cycle and a 15 day cycle so we are trying clomid 50mg this month. Taking it day 5-9. Before the last 2 cycles I had 2 28 day cycles and a 29 day cycle so I have no clue why they have suddenly changed. But hopefully clomid does the trick!

Hi hellodarling! I'm good....still pretty sure I did ovulate but just waiting to see if we get a BFP or AF comes before I call the doc for the next steps. My temp spiked this morning but I got a BFN so I don't know what's up! :shrug: I guess I'll just test in a couple days!

Hi TexasRider! FX that Clomid works for you! It's a miracle drug for a lot of ladies. Keep me updated!

OMG, how frustrating! Im about three seconds away from going to an RE, this baby making stuff is so complicated!

Fx for you!!!

I will keep you updated 😄 I just started temping as well. My temp this am was 96.91 lol. My body temp is usually around 97.7 during the day so that sounds about right. Hopefully I can keep up with doing it so I can confirm O!

hellodarling let me know how it goes if you go to an RE! It's not covered by our insurance so I'm hoping we don't have to go down that road. :-/

TexasRider are you also using OPKs? That might help too! The problem with temps is that they're better if you've been taking them for multiple cycles. It's all about patterns so for the first month you're kind of flying blind. Did your doc recommend anything to track?

I actaully don't know if ours does either now that you mention it. We have tricare... at any rate, hopefully they will send us to an ob/gyn who can do testing at least. My cycle is 15-53 days and it's been more than a year since we have been trying, the problem is i'm almost 38... a year is a long time for an old reproductive system.

Yes I'm using OPK's too so I'm going to start testing once AF leaves. I used them last month and got close to a positive but never truly positive then my AF started like 4 days later... So hopefully the clomid will sort my cycles out so I can get a BFP. They were normal for about 3 months and my last 2 cycles were super short. It seems like a read somewhere that it can lengthen your cycles cause you have a better LH surge and more estrogen which helps with the progesterone after O. Im just temping to make sure that I do actually O this month

Yeah I'm 35 so I feel you. We NTNP for a year and then called my obgyn. I was told that if he couldn't help he would refer us to an RE but he can prescribe up to 200mg of Clomid so there's still plenty of room!

Clomid made my cycle realllly long! I didn't O until CD22. I'm hoping it's a good sign for us that it worked immediately.

I guess I don't understand clomid. I thought it would make you O shortly after your last dose... you take it at the front end of your cycle, right? Is that a common symptom, for it to change your cycle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->