Clomid after 3 months

Mrs R

Reaction score
Hi girls,

As some of u may know I'm now into my 3rd cycle on clomid. At my last scan the consultant prescribed me 3 more months worth.

So I was re-reading my Zita West book for the millionth time this morning and it says that 80% of viable pregnancies come about in the first 3 months of using clomid. Of course I knew this but it has really hit home now.

If it doesn't work this month, what is the point of continuing if our chances are so low?? :hissy:

Are there many people actually have success with clomid after 3 months?

Just looking for some reassurance, or should I be asking to go down another route if it doesn't happen for us this month?

The very most you can ever take is six months. I suppose they are thinking that they might as well try another three months, taking it up to the maximum, before trying something more invasive.

Chellebelle ...took clomid for 6 months and now she has a healthy little boy :)...i remember i was ttc with her at the time ....

I was on Clomid around 12 months all up, refused to take it anymore after that lol

Although i did get a BFP after around 5 or 6 months, can't remember how many exactly, it didnt' stick, but that doesn't mean that the Clomid didn't help get the BFP

Good luck this month. I only did 2 months of clomid. But mostly because I decided to move to IVF. I moved on quickly, because for me, age is quickly becoming a factor - and I want to do everything I can while I still have good eggies. So its a personal decision.

Good luck this cycle!

Hi Mrs R,

I actually ovulate and I am on Clomid at 100mg did 2 months on 50mg. I think the reason they carry on with it for 6 cycles is because it not only stimulates ovulation it increases quantity and quality of the eggs released, in theory this then increases your chances of pregnancy.............. although for me I have just finished my last go on it and will start the 2 week wait in a day or so time. Then its off to the FS appointment for me.

Good luck

:hug:

OMG Mrs R I am thinking exactly like you! I have complied in every way possible on the clomid, hcg then bed routine and I am also on my third cycle.....I also think that if it doesnt work this time it is a waste of time doing another 3 months. I want to move on to IUI cos I think its something else....again if 1/2 go's of IUI dont work then IVF. But I think 6 months on clomid is such a waste of time.

Will you go private? I am going to book an appointment at the Nuffield this week for the earliest apointment. I hope they dont fob me off and I can get treatment sooner....I'm worried about how much it will cost me but I think it will be worth it cos this is killing me...its destroying my life!! I just wont buy any more designer handbags and go for home facials!!

Hi girls,

As some of u may know I'm now into my 3rd cycle on clomid. At my last scan the consultant prescribed me 3 more months worth.

So I was re-reading my Zita West book for the millionth time this morning and it says that 80% of viable pregnancies come about in the first 3 months of using clomid. Of course I knew this but it has really hit home now.

If it doesn't work this month, what is the point of continuing if our chances are so low?? :hissy:

Are there many people actually have success with clomid after 3 months?

Just looking for some reassurance, or should I be asking to go down another route if it doesn't happen for us this month?

Hey girls,

I'm only on first month of Clomid so apologies if I'm speaking out of turn here....when I went to my GP she explained that I would start on 50mg of Clomid and she would prescribe me 6 months, after 3 months if no BFP I am to go for CD21 tests followed by another consultation with her to discuss what to do next. I asked her what would be likely to happen and she said probably an increase in Clomid plus some Metformin.

What I'm trying to get at is have you had any tests to check that the Clomid is doing what its supposed to and whether it can be increased or other meds added? I can see why it must be frustrating, 3 months seems like forever when TTC, I just think if there's other things you can try before IUI or IVF then they must be worth a shot??

:hugs:

Hi claire,

You make a good point about checking if the clomid has actually worked with cd21 tests. The doctors just presume that if the tracking scan goes well that we will actually ov, but i'm sure this isn't always the case.

I mite ask about this at my next scan. Thanks hun

Trying4ever,

I have had a private app, to get clomid as the NHS waiting list was so long. I'll prob give the clomid 6 months, but ask if there is anything else i can take along with it.

If we have to go down the IUI/IVF route (this has never been discussed) we will prob go private as the waiting lists in N.Ireland are humungous, and we only get one go on the NHS.

Good luck to us this month, 3rd time lucky!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->