Clomid and BMI over 32/33

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Hope13, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Hope13

Hope13 Well-Known Member

Has anyone out there ever been prescribed Clomid on the NHS with a BMI over 32/33. Please please please someone say yes.....x

2. LaraJJ

LaraJJ Mummy to Tessa & bump!

Hi hun,

I have a high BMI and although I couldn't be referred to a FS at the weight I am, my GP said she could prescribe Clomid for me if they could prove I wasn't ovulating - and if I proved I was losing weight.

If you are worried, have a chat to your GP - mine was really helpful :)

3. Hope13

Hope13 Well-Known Member

Thanks Lara. I have already seen the FS four months ago who sent me for all my blood, an internal ultrasound and a HSG. Had the HSG in November. When I saw FS he never mentioned losing weight, just told me to take Folic acid which I have. I see the FS next Wednesday and am so nervous. Im currently going through a chemical pregnancy and am so low. My friend is a med sec in gynae and has told me she the FS does prescribe if over a little on BMI but he is on leave next week and I will be seeing his registrar. She is apparently really nice so i am so hoping she will prescribe. I wont qualify for IVF and Im 37 so this is my only hope. x

4. marymoomin

marymoomin Well-Known Member

yes! me, my bmi was 34, and my gp prescribed it.