Clomid and IUI

Girly123

Reaction score
Hey girls I have done 3 rounds of clomid now and didn't ovulate on 50mg, did on 100mg and dos late but not a strong ovulation on third.

On the third I also bled from 8dpo for 8 days. Very strange.

Anyway I know I can only have limited clomid in my life. So my question is this...

If we want to do IUI do they use clomid to make you ovulate or something else? If clomid should we be looking at trying IUI soon rather than wasting the clomid on cycles without IUI? If that makes sense.

My hubby has deployed now for the next 4 months which sucks big time but it is giving me the chance to research our options. He will be back in May and I don't know if we should try a few more clomid cycles when he returns or I should be booking us in for an appointment to discuss IUI as soon as he is back?

What are your experiences? Thanks x

You can continue to try clomid or take injectable FSH and HCG trigger these can be taken with or without IUI. but your doctor should monitor your ovaries and uterine lining via U/S.

Just depends on your frustration level you are at now, finances, and, urgency. I will be doing iui at the end of month. My insurance doesn't cover so pretty pricy. I had bad side effects on clomid. So I will use femera. My doc does use ovulation medicine. Hcg trigger shot. And progesterone suppositories for iui. He says just to give you the highest percentage of success if your going to pay all that money.

We want a baby sooner rather than later and are finding this process hard now. We have the money saved up so I sort of think why not. I am afraid of it not working as well though x

Clomid didn't do anything for me. I normally O and thats what happened, only one follie. We skipped to Gonal F. Gonal is considered an injectable and there are others, but I don't know therm all. Take some time to research injectables. They are a strong medication and risk of multiples really increases.

I tend to need a trigger when I have an IUI, a trigger will force you to O.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->