Clomid and OPKs

Mummy2Boo

Reaction score
I'm on my first cycle of Clomid (50mg cd2-6) and have been having follicle scans throughout the cycle. I've also been using OPKs as I'm not having scans everyday, especially not at weekends.

I've not had a surge at all on either ICs or Clearblue digital OPKs despite having two big follicles on my right side and a dominant (23mm) follicle on my left. Scanned yesterday and FS said I'll 'pop' over this weekend and to get my bloods done Tuesday providing I get a surge on an OPK. If no surge then I need scanning again.

Anyone else had this?

HI ! sorry cant help much , but im due to start clomid days 2-6. but unlike you im not sceduled for any scans or bloods. only an appointment to go back to the gyno in 7 months time.

I hope your egg does 'pop' over this weekend though! get BD'ing!!

fingers crossed and Gl xx

hey!
my surges appear quite quickly. they were a bit hit and miss before the clomid.
this cycle i got a massive surge on cd11 through to cd14. i am not too sure when i ovd though as havent been tracked or had bloods on this one.
i would day to dtd every day over the weekend. do opks, best time is between 12-8pm for most accurate results.
i am also in middlesex, which hospital are you at? x

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

Wouldn't you know it, I tried another IC and bang, there it was, clear as day! Woohoo!!! I'm CD17 now so it's pushed O back a couple of days. Been BDing every other day since we got the green light last week.

I'm at QM Roehampton though I started out under gynae at Kingston. What about you?

I'm on cd18 and using opks and still no ovulation spotted yet. :( I'm on 150mg.

What time of day did you use your opks? And what time did you get your positive opk?

Ive had all sorts on Clomid! A couple of cycles when I was being monitored she also said to me I had 1 mature follicle (over 20mm) so should have popped any time. Yet I didn't get a positive OPK till about 4 days later - and what do you know the next scan revealed that follies never popped but turned into cysts :nope:
After ovarian drilling I ovulated twice on CD12-13 yet now first month back on Clomid I also got my first positive OPK on CD17! So it must be a lucky day for us Clomid ladies. Good Luck :flower:

I did my positives around 1-2pm as I've found that seems to be the best time for me - usually running around all morning!

Hoping it has popped and I've missed the surge simply because the horrid sore heavy pain I had has subsided and now I've just got a dull ache instead.

I've had sore, heavy ache in both sides all evening yesterday. Found it painful to get up and sit down :( but today that's gone and I only have random pains on my right. I also hope mine popped yesterday - we BD'ed on fri night, and last night so I hope we have it covered ;)

My opk today was sooo close to being positive!!! Did you ladies have any lines or close ones before the real thing? I'm hoping maybe I will ovulate in the next day or two!!! I'm using first response opks and I'm on cd19. I got so excited because its so close!!

I had similar sounding pains Maria, found it hard to walk up the stairs or drive etc because of the movements. All seems to have subsided now and I'm just feeling tender all round but maybe that's because I have an awful cough too?!

Had a lovely meal with with DH last night and planned to BD but we got home to find the (awful) sitter hadn't checked on DS and he was left to sleep in vomit. I was furious. Once he was washed up and his bed sorted it was nearly midnight and we were dead on our feet so BDing was the last thing we felt like. Made up for it this morning :thumbup:

great news on the opks! fingers crossed this is your month hun.
i am under ashford & st peters xx

great news on the opks! fingers crossed this is your month hun.
i am under ashford & st peters xx

You must be really close to us then! DS should have been born at West Mids but we ended up at Chelsea because of our complications.

Best of luck for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->