Clomid and painful ovulation?

staycb01

Reaction score
Hey Ladies! I was wondering if any of you that are taking Clomid experience painful ovulations?
I've always been able to feel a tad bit of pinching when I ovulate - but this past month was my first month on Clomid and holy cramping! Had cramping for 2 days and one the last day - I literally felt my egg popping I'm pretty sure LOL Such a sharp shooting pain that I had to stop mid conversation for a second. After that - there was nothing- and I did have it confirmed that I ovulated.
I'm interested in seeing if that'll happen again this month.....

On my 5th round of Clomid TTC#2 (only took 2 rounds TTC #1), and I haven't experienced painful ovulation...but right now (about 8dpo) I'm experiencing the WORST cramps and back pain I've ever had. Feels like bad gas pains, but it comes and goes, and I'm not gassy. (Well...not any more than usual! Lol!) The pain has been so bad it wakes me up at night, and I have to sleep on a heat pad. And during the day it's intermittent pain, but severe. Ugh. The worst.

I can tell you that just before I started Clomid the first time around, I did experience an ovarian cyst rupture, which was debilitating. I know that Clomid can increase the chances of ovarian cysts, so maybe that's what you (and I) are experiencing? Might be worth checking with your OB if it happens again, or if the pain comes back after ovulation. I've had pain since yesterday morning, and if it lasts till tomorrow, I'm calling the doctor for sure.

Good luck!

I'm on round two of 50mg, and I experienced crazy ovulation pain too. It felt like someone was stabbing me in the ovary to the beat of my heart.

As painful as it was, it made me happy. I wasn't able to ovulate on my own before, so the pain was a sign that Clomid was working :)

Ovulation pain is normal. If it gets too extreme and you get any signs of hyper ovarian stimulation syndrome, you need to go to a doctor ASAP.

I'm not on clomid, but I am on Femara which is similar and the O pain was TERRIBLE!!!!! Good luck Hun!

Thanks ladies for responding!
I talked to my Dr and she just said the cramping I felt for those 2 days during ovulation just meant it was a nice strong O and nothing to worry about. She stated that a lot of women taking ovulation meds will notice a more painful O.

Mine said it was normal too, and that to just take Tylenol. If it gets unbearable where you can walk or normal activities (while on Tylenol) you should go see a dr.

Get some BD in and good luck hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->