• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Clomid and panic attacks?

Kaylakin

Here we go again...
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm on my first cycle with clomid, gearing up for my first IUI. I've noticed that since I started the clomid, I have woken up on at least three different nights with my heart pounding out of my chest and this horrible feeling of hopelessness/despair. It feels like I am going to have a heart attack or something and its like I have a surge of adenaline and panic. I hate it, and I don't know if it is from the clomid or maybe I'm just freaking out with everything else going on. Has this happened to anyone before? I took my last dose of it last night so I hope it stops soon..

Hi Kaylakin, I've only ever been on Femara, so I can't answer from experience, but my acupuncturist told me just last week that she's been treating several ladies who have getting panic attacks while on Clomid, so i don't think it's unusual. She said that she often prescribes Chinese herbs to help mitigate the effects. I hope you're able to stop the attacks- I've had them before and it's an awful feeling. Good luck!!

Hi kaylakin, I'm not sure if it's clomid but I'm waking up ROASTING hot in the middle of the night. I thought the central heating had been turned up but my DH hadn't touched it. I had it a little while ago too (a few weeks ago) and it could have been when I had my first round of clomid! I'm going to pay extra attention from now on and let the FS know at my next appt. Everyone reacts differently to drugs, and this might be the side effect you suffer from (just as overheating at night might be mine!). I think you should try and speak to a doctor about this as you certainly shouldn't feel like you are about to have a heart attack! This whole TTC thing can make us feel really anxious so that might be the reason, but I'd get it confirmed by a doctor just to be sure. Best of luck chick, and I'm sure you'll be fine.
xxx

J and Tarkwa,
Thanks for your replies. I feel better that I may not be the only one having experienced this. I am def going to mention it to my doc. It is such a horrible feeling. This TTC business is really nerve wracking and anxiety provoking, you're right. I'm tired of being on the emotional rollercoaster. I really appreciate your replies.. it is comforting to know we are all in the same boat with TTC and we will reach our goals eventually..

Oh, the waking up roasting! I feel like the center of the earth- a billion degrees! that's a side effect I'm assuming.

I also had a lot of heart pounding, anxiety problems on clomid. I had anxiety attacks in the past, so i knew what it was. My dr said he may switch me to femera because of the symptoms. Maybe yours can try something like that too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"