Clomid at 42?

Hi ladies I thought I would join this thread as there seem to be more older ladies than I thought around here :haha::haha: I have just turned 44 and didn't really think about clomid as I'm not sure how many cycles I have left trying so I thought by the time I went to see my doc it would be too later anyway. Added to that like another lady said I believe I already ovulate so they might not give it to me.

So, next best to that I thought I would try soy which I did this month so I'll have to wait and see if that has worked :coffee:. I'm not optimistic at my age but I have seen it happen so why not me? :shrug:

Hi, why would it be too late to go see your doctor? Use clomid, start with 50mg on days 2 to 6... and buy the ovulation tests thingies.... it may help lots....

Hi Ladies... any good news? I am not pregnant :( ... so I have started my next round of Clomid, day 5 today of clomid so my last day... I was wondering what happens if I take 6 days of clomid?? I am not getting scanned this month as I am going on holiday and they told me not to take them but I did anyway! So fingers crossed, I am not going to hyperovulate somewhere in the middle of nowhere in Norway! lol...

Hi, I did (without clomid and after 2 cycles with soy) but unfortunately it is not viable so I am waiting to miscarry....

Firstly I would like to say my sympathies to Butterfly67. I have gone through 2 5 week miscarriages and know how you feel. Try to take care of yourself.

I am 40. I am 8/9dpo and taking 100 mg of clomid. I only took it or 3 days from cd 3, as I developed an awful headache on cd 4 (nausea) (yes i too had terrible headaches Happypregnant) and spent 2 days in bed DH insisted I stop taking it. Cd3/4 whilst asleep in bed i awoke as I felt a pinch, around the right ovary it was strong enough for me to wake up and accuse DH of pinching me! Has anyone ever felt a hard jab or pinch before. I did the second time i got pregnant, again it was nighttime and it woke me up.

From 5/6 dpo I have had cramping sometimes stronger than other times, especially at nighttime, it kept me awake last night. I also have sore nips/breasts from Thursday too. I took an hpt today (Friday) and bfn. I am wondering whether my symptoms are clomid symptons as I have read on the net that clomid causes symptoms after overlation or is it pregnancy symptoms? I am desperate to know if anyone experienced these symptoms and did it lead to a Bfp?

Well I stopped taking clomid. I did 4 cycles. I tried soya last month see what happenes. Today is day 23 of my cycle... but I came across something you all may want to have a read... go into amazon or google and search Clearblue fertility monitor... hundreds of women swear by it... apparently it is much much better than those fertility monitoring little sticks as this one reads two hormones rather than just one. It will give you 6 fertily days, with 2 of them being uptimum fertility... apparently it is a Godsend... I bought it last month so I have used it this cycle and I am on my 2WW... I took a break from clomid... soya didn't dry up my CM.... just have a read at the reviews...

HI Missus x... Yes, clomid gave me pregnancy symptoms which got my hopes up :( tender breasts, nausea, moody... but no... I have tried 4 cycles of it and this time nothing... first time I tried it I conceived on the first try but sadly... there was something wrong with the baby and had a medical termination...

Well I stopped taking clomid. I did 4 cycles. I tried soya last month see what happenes. Today is day 23 of my cycle... but I came across something you all may want to have a read... go into amazon or google and search Clearblue fertility monitor... hundreds of women swear by it... apparently it is much much better than those fertility monitoring little sticks as this one reads two hormones rather than just one. It will give you 6 fertily days, with 2 of them being uptimum fertility... apparently it is a Godsend... I bought it last month so I have used it this cycle and I am on my 2WW... I took a break from clomid... soya didn't dry up my CM.... just have a read at the reviews...

I have been using the CB Fertility Monitor for over a year. It does give you up to six optimum days of fertility. I became pregnant while using. Sadly it ended in a chemical pregnancy.

I did 3 cycles and nothing happened during those cycles but got pregant the following month! :shrug::shrug:

HI Missus x... Yes, clomid gave me pregnancy symptoms which got my hopes up :( tender breasts, nausea, moody... but no... I have tried 4 cycles of it and this time nothing... first time I tried it I conceived on the first try but sadly... there was something wrong with the baby and had a medical termination...

Hi Happy, I had cramping from about 3-8dpo then slight cramping 10 dpo. Tested today 10dpo and :bfn: Not sure when i overlated as i had dark opk' s for 5 days, but we :sex: every other day from before opk till after dark opk. Anyway i am hanging in there in just in case, but feel I am out this month. :shrug: will be starting mini-IVF next month, as I have a high fsh, and don't produce many eggs, but egg quality is ok.

What about?
:dust:

Hi ladies its so nice to see women 40+ who are trying as I am approaching 40 May 22nd I did in fact get pregnant last year naturally but, lost our baby to ectopic. I since then have been trying and no success. I am going to the doctors as of March 9th I am hoping for some answers as to why I have not fallen pregnant again and I am using the same method opk and I did bbt one month .. good luck and baby dust to you all and congratulations too with your new baby coming =)

Oh sorry to hear that Oneof14 :(... try soya isoflavones along with it... it would only cost you like £5 per pot and a lot of people swear by it...

Hi ladies its so nice to see women 40+ who are trying as I am approaching 40 May 22nd I did in fact get pregnant last year naturally but, lost our baby to ectopic. I since then have been trying and no success. I am going to the doctors as of March 9th I am hoping for some answers as to why I have not fallen pregnant again and I am using the same method opk and I did bbt one month .. good luck and baby dust to you all and congratulations too with your new baby coming =)

Well... I am 42+, 43 in the summer... sorry to hear about your ectopic... read about the clearblue fertility monitor... just read the reviews!

hi ladies would love to join in im 41+ 42 in july and have 5 boys,we are trying for baby no 6.

I concieved my 1st ds on 1st cycle of clomid 50mg 11 years ago and had no follow up scans or blood tests while taking clomid,we had been trying for 18 months,we had both had tests and everything was fine so just put it down to unexplained infertility,i have had a mc and a mmc inbetween my 5 boys which was devastating especially the mmc as we found out at our 12 week scan baby had died at 10 weeks,my mc was @7 weeks.

i also want to rave about the cbfm i concieved twice using it on 1st and 3rd cycle,we are using again this time and got my 1st high on cd 7 this morning i am also took soy 100mg days 2-3,150mg days 3-5 and 200mg day 5,have had no side effects which is good,so hoping i get this bfp soon

:bfp:Hi ladies, i decided to stop clomid and used soya isoflavones last cycle, along with Clearblue fertility monitor (read the reviews!) and I got my a :bfp: and I was so happy, :happydance: however, it ended up in a chemical pregnancy :cry: BUT... The soya and the monitor worked the very first time... I have been trying forever... so at least it gives me hope and I will try again with soya and the monitor...

:bfp:Hi ladies, i decided to stop clomid and used soya isoflavones last cycle, along with Clearblue fertility monitor (read the reviews!) and I got my a :bfp: and I was so happy, :happydance: however, it ended up in a chemical pregnancy :cry: BUT... The soya and the monitor worked the very first time... I have been trying forever... so at least it gives me hope and I will try again with soya and the monitor...

:hugs::hugs::hugs: Happypreg I've been stalking you here, being that we're the same age :winkwink: So sorry you've had a disappointment this cycle, but on the flip side I'm so happy that you've had a positive reaction to the Soy and success with the CBFM. Keep trying, you'll get there I'm sure :flower:

:hugs::hugs::hugs: Happypreg I've been stalking you here, being that we're the same age :winkwink: So sorry you've had a disappointment this cycle, but on the flip side I'm so happy that you've had a positive reaction to the Soy and success with the CBFM. Keep trying, you'll get there I'm sure :flower:

hahaha, funny to be told I was being stalked! Now how long have you been trying for? You must go and buy a CBFM... best money you can spend! and again, read reviews lol... I have been saying that a lot lol... also, bying some preseed won't hurt! As we get older we get less cervical mucus. So fingers crossed for next try... I have started taking the soya as of today but I am a bit superstitious about telling too early so if I get pregnant this cycle, i will keep it hush hush for a while lol... but go and buy the monitor! It really really works!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->