Clomid Baby

hlynne

Reaction score
Im wondering if any of you ladies are pregnant due to taking Clomid, or if you have had a healthy Clomid baby before.

I took one round of Clomid and it worked right away and am 9 weeks pregnant. I came across a lawsuit linking Clomid to birth defects. Although there isn't anywhere near a positive link between the two. The study was pretty weak. It might just be lawyers trying to get money as always.

Does anyone have any more info they can share?

Thanks so much!

Hey, I am currently pregnant with #1, a clomid baby!!! I asked my doctor about birth defects and complications due to taking clomid and he said not to worry. Some women taking clomid may have babies with birth defects...but so do women who do not take clomid so there is absolutely no link. Good Luck and H&H9Months!!!!

Thank you so much! I have not asked my doctor about effects Clomid might have on the baby. All this reading I do on the internet makes me crazy! I need to stop. It usually only makes me nervous. Are you getting an NT scan or any kind of tests like that. I don't know much about them. I will have this baby no matter what so I don't think that I am going to get any tests done.

im not sure what an NTscan is...I have had an ultrasound at 9 weeks to make sure baby was where he/she should be...and I will have another ultrasound at 19 weeks where they measure everything baby and hopefully will be able to tell me the gender!!!! If I get offered additional tests to see if there are any complication then I would get it done...I am having this baby no matter what but I think I would feel better having a heads up so I can prepare and learn about it. :flower:

I am 8 weeks pregnant with my clomid baby. I started with 50, and the doctor bumped it up to 100. I did real well on 100 so we stayed there, and I got pregnant on my third round of clomid. My doctor was concerned I was pregnant with twins because my progesterone was through the roof, but I have a singleton. :) I am seriously considering the NT scan, not because of clomid but because I am advanced maternal age (35). I really have not fully decided, but I am not terribly worried, tbh. The most common chromonsal defect is Downs, and that is very rare (something like 1% of the population). Of course it is always possible, and my chances are increased, but the way I look at it is that my chances of having a healthy baby outweigh the others. Think positive! I am still struggling with looking on the bright side, but every week it gets easier. :)

Yup, thinking positive is a struggle lately. Heck, it's hard for me to even be happy because of being sick all the time. This is the first time that I have made it this far during pregnancy and I think twice about every ache or twinge, lol. I will be 38 when this baby is born so I have been thinking a lot about things that can go wrong with the baby. I have always eaten very clean and workout a lot. Fitness and staying in shape have been very important to me. So, I think being healthy helps. Although lately my healthy eating has gone way off track. I don't even want to touch a vegetable besides cucumbers, and sometimes uncooked carrots. Anyway, thank you for your responses. Positive thoughts from others that are going through the same thing you are always helps!!

My son is a clomid baby. He is almost 3 and very healthy and happy! Clomid is used by so many women that if there was a definitive link, surely it would have been discovered! I do understand your anxiety though, I was anxious throughout my whole pregnancy, worrying that something would be wrong with my boy.

I thought the same thing. There would have to be more proof that there was actually a link. I am so glad to hear that your child is healthy. That helps me a lot. Thank you so much for responding! I appreciate it!

I'm currently 4 months preggo with a clomid baby. So far everything is good and normal and baby is measuring right on schedule. I wasn't given a NT scan and have turned down any testing for abnormalities. Go back in a month for the anomaly (sp?) scan where everything will be measured. I wouldn't read too much into side effects..and stay away from Google! It is not your friend! Unless your boobs start leaking, then it's kinda funny.

A friend of mine has got 3 chlomid children! All happy and healthy. X

I have two clomid boys, age 3 and 18m!!
Both seemingly normal ( well as normal as any child out of me can be lol) :haha:

Thank you so much for the replies ladies!!

Currently 28+3 with clomid twins :thumbup: All looks great with both of them, i had the NT scan done at 12 weeks and the blood test and they have come back as low risk for DS and i'm of advanced ages at 36. I've had a scan every 4 weeks from 20 weeks to check growth of the boys and Had a scan this morning and they are still perfect :thumbup: Litle fatties they are!

Currently 28+3 with clomid twins :thumbup: All looks great with both of them, i had the NT scan done at 12 weeks and the blood test and they have come back as low risk for DS and i'm of advanced ages at 36. I've had a scan every 4 weeks from 20 weeks to check growth of the boys and Had a scan this morning and they are still perfect :thumbup: Litle fatties they are!

Awesome!! So happy for you!! We also thought that we might have been having twins because my HCg at 12 DPO was high and when my doctor checked my follicles before ovulation I had 2 big follicles. One was 26mm and one was 24mm. I was actually a little upset that we weren't having twins. Everything happens for a reason though.

Again, I am so happy for you and so glad that you have healthy babies!! Thank you for responding!

Thank you i'm a very lucky lady :)

I didn't have HCG levels done so i have no idea what mine were, i did get 2-3 on a digi at 12dpo but then so have singletons lol I found out at 9 week scan it was twins - Good luck with your pregnancy, relax and enjoy every second because trust me once you get past 12 weeks it just flies by and before you know it you're talking about labour and delivery and finishing off nursery :flower:

Hylnne we were a bit disappointed we weren't having twins either. But as soon as I saw one heartbeat I didn't care anymore. Dh was so sure of it. I had horrible ms and he thought there was no way on baby could make me that sick. Lol

Hylnne we were a bit disappointed we weren't having twins either. But as soon as I saw one heartbeat I didn't care anymore. Dh was so sure of it. I had horrible ms and he thought there was no way on baby could make me that sick. Lol

Exactly!! Once you hear that heartbeat you forget about everything else. I cried so much my doctor told the baby, "watch out, Earthquake", Ha Ha. I could hold myself still it is just such an awesome experience. I can't wait to hear it again in almost 3 weeks!

I am 4 weeks pregnant with a Clomid baby! Had my first beta today so anxiously awaiting those results!

I am 4 weeks pregnant with a Clomid baby! Had my first beta today so anxiously awaiting those results!

Congrats!! I hope that things go great! Clomid worked for me first try. I was pretty amazed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->