Clomid CD 30: No Sign of AF and BFN

Momof DS

Reaction score
Hey there. I am on my first round of Clomid and would like to get some insight from anyone who may have experienced something like what I am going through. Brief History: I am 33 and ttc baby #2 with DH. We have each been tested, me with blood tests and a HSG and him with an SA. We are both good to go. I have always been regular between 25 and 28 days and have always ovulated, as I always spot when I ovulate. However, I may be a weak ovulator as I never got two lines equal to or darker on any OPK I have ever used. There were usually two lines, but the test line was always lighter than the control line. Anywhow, my GYN put me on 50mg of Clomid, days 5-9 starting this cycle. I got the usual Clomid side effects, such as hot flashes and slight nausea as expected. Then I got bad cramps and spotting on CD 18, which I believe was O, which I usually get on CD 12-14, so this is late for me. Also, starting on CD 18, I started to become constipated. On CD 19 until about CD 27 I experienced pregnancy symptoms, which I chalked up to the progesterone levels induced by Clomid. Those symptoms included: slight nausea, breast tissue tenderness, hot flashes, gassy, very sleepy earlier in the day, a small rash on my inner thigh, dizziness, continued constipation, dry mouth, acne, dull cramping, and slight bloating. Sometime during that week there were two days where I felt particularly out of it. I was really sleepy. moody and dizzy. I want to say that if I implanted, that was the timeframe. Since about CD 28, most of those symptoms have begun to fade, including the rash; however, some new symptoms have come along. I now have tenderness under my armpits, dry itchy skin (mostly near my armpits), burning easily in the sun, sporadic insomnia, slightly sore nipples, shooting pain in my breasts from time to time, and very hungry when I wake up in the morning. So, with all of that said, I am now on CD 30 with no sign of AF and a BFN. I believe I am only on 12 DPO, so I could still be early. I wasn't able to test positive with DS until 14 DPO, so perhaps that's just how I am. As of today, by bowels are a little more loose, and photos of burgers makes me want to vom. I slept terribly last night due to sinus issues and hot flashes. Anyone ever been in this boat? Any insight for me?

I think if you didn't O until CD 18, and you're only 12DPO you might have two days left until you can test or expect AF. I had a lot of the same symptoms you're having, but no breast tenderness. I had so many of the symptoms that I really thought I might be expecting a BFP. However I think the breast tenderness is a big sign that I never had. I just finished my second round of clomid, so I don't have much advice... Didn't want to read and run! Best of luck, :dust:

I think if you didn't O until CD 18, and you're only 12DPO you might have two days left until you can test or expect AF. I had a lot of the same symptoms you're having, but no breast tenderness. I had so many of the symptoms that I really thought I might be expecting a BFP. However I think the breast tenderness is a big sign that I never had. I just finished my second round of clomid, so I don't have much advice... Didn't want to read and run! Best of luck, :dust:

Thanks so much for replying. I actually started today, which was a shock b/c my bbs actually swelled up an entire cup size throughout the day yesterday and were still swollen and tender this morning. Usually my symptoms begin to disappear at least a day before af begins, but I also get spotting. Today, it was just a flow. I guess that is all to be expected with the increase of progesterone though. So, today is CD1 of my second cycle and I am starting Clomid on days 3-7 this time. What cycle day are you right now?

I also did CD3-7. I'm currently on CD12, waiting for O. Last round I got a positive OPK on CD14, so I hope that's the case again this month. What dose are you taking this round?

I'm actually not sure. I need to call the doc and have her refill the Rx, so I will find out today. I remember her saying that she planned to increase it every month, so possibly 100 this time. I'll let you know when I pick it up. I plan on taking it at night this time, but I am wondering if I should start it tonight at bed time or tomorrow night since it actually CD3. Thoughts?

I'm actually not sure. I need to call the doc and have her refill the Rx, so I will find out today. I remember her saying that she planned to increase it every month, so possibly 100 this time. I'll let you know when I pick it up. I plan on taking it at night this time, but I am wondering if I should start it tonight at bed time or tomorrow night since it actually CD3. Thoughts?

Today is CD3? Or tomorrow? Either way, I would just start on day 3. I'm not sure what would happen if you started a day early or late. I've heard of a lot of women taking it at night to hopefully avoid some of the side effects. For me, if it was going to make me feel yucky, it didn't matter when I took it! But I still do it anyway, it's worth a try!

Tomorrow is. Yeah, I'll wait until then. Truth be told, it didn't really bother me last month. Just hot flashes and mild nausea. No big deal. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->