Clomid/Clomiphene talk about it here

Thanks darling. Hsg is the test/procedure they do to check if your tubes are open. They basically have to shoot dye through your tubes and under xray see if it spills into your uterus.

I took two days of 50 mg Clomid and then I did not last night because I am just so worried about OHSS or other bad stuff.

I know I'm going over the top, I'm just so anxious, more anxious than normal.

And yesterday my back felt like sore/tired all day, and I had gas, which is out of the normal for me, and I was bloated.

Granted, I'm on the last couple days of my period, and I haven't had a period in 7 months. Maybe the symptoms are from that?

Maybe they are from the Clomid but aren't serious?

Help :(

I'm on my first month of using clomid. I took 50mg on days 3-7. I'm on cd15 and still waiting to O. I usually O anywhere from day 14 - 19, so I can't say for sure if the clomid affected that or not. I haven't had any side effects that I've noticed. I'm not being monitored this month, but if it doesn't work this month, then next month I'll be monitored and probably have a trigger shot along with timed intercourse.

sorry jessthemess - I don't know if only two days of clomid would do that. I'm a clomid newbie, so I hope you can find some answers.

I'm on my first month of using clomid. I took 50mg on days 3-7. I'm on cd15 and still waiting to O. I usually O anywhere from day 14 - 19, so I can't say for sure if the clomid affected that or not. I haven't had any side effects that I've noticed. I'm not being monitored this month, but if it doesn't work this month, then next month I'll be monitored and probably have a trigger shot along with timed intercourse.

sorry jessthemess - I don't know if only two days of clomid would do that. I'm a clomid newbie, so I hope you can find some answers.

Navygrrl, did they do an ultrasound beforehand? Do you have PCOS? Thank you for replying!

Navygrrl, did they do an ultrasound beforehand? Do you have PCOS? Thank you for replying!

I didn't get an ultrasound right before starting clomid, but I had one in February and May. I have diminished ovarian syndrome and a luteal phase defect. Basically, I have very few eggs left and my luteal phase is probably not long enough to allow an embryo time to implant. I don't have PCOS, but with my DH having a questionable SA, we have pretty much everything else against us, LOL.

I took two days of 50 mg Clomid and then I did not last night because I am just so worried about OHSS or other bad stuff.

I know I'm going over the top, I'm just so anxious, more anxious than normal.

And yesterday my back felt like sore/tired all day, and I had gas, which is out of the normal for me, and I was bloated.

Granted, I'm on the last couple days of my period, and I haven't had a period in 7 months. Maybe the symptoms are from that?

Maybe they are from the Clomid but aren't serious?

Help :(

Sorry I can't offer help.

...but I was reading about the OHSS last night, it does worry me, and I just started my Provera so I'm nowhere near Clomid yet. Rx meds make me uncomfortable in general though...:nope:

For me, if I focus on something, I can be CONVINCED I have it, even when I don't. It's frustrating/confusing.

I'd call your Dr? I hate to, but do when I have to...

I had to call mine bc the pharmacy gave me 2x the needed Provera dose yesterday!:dohh:

What's the trigger shot all about?

What's the trigger shot all about?

Its usually hcg or a synthetic form of it, and it triggers ovulation, usually around 36 hours from when it is injected (so you know based on when the shot is given, when you should ovulate) I ovulate normally on my own according to previous progesterone levels and opks, but i think they had me do the trigger so that i was ovulating in a certain time frame and also hopefully triggering the correct side or multiple follicles to release their eggs, at least thats how i understand it :blush:
i am 13 days since i did the trigger, 10 dpo, and i bit the bullet and did a FRER this morning, with a light pink second line...im holding out hope that it is actually my BFP finally, and not just the trigger still in my system...but i wont know until later this week...:shrug:

New here. Had to talk about my experience. I'm 41 and tried Clomid in Feb 2013. No pregnancy and period was 7 days late. Tried Clomid + trigger and had IUI on July 13. After 2ww, negative pregnancy. My period should have started on July 26. After negative pregnancy test, I just waited for period to come knowing it will be late due to Clomid. On July 31, five days late, I noticed pink gooey discharge and thought I was starting my period. But nothing else all day. No period or spotting. Aug 1 and 2, just brownish red discharge if I wipe. This morning, I had brown discharge but in afternoon, no more discharge. No pregnancy symptoms what so ever. Also no period symptoms either. Were those three days of spotting considered my period this month?

Okay, so i have a really bad time waiting like my dr's office said, so i bought some FRERs tonight at wally world, and used the last FRER i had already in my drawer...and about fell over, because it is *darker* than yesterdays test...soooo...me being obsessive dipped a Wondfo cheapie...much much darker than yesterday, and dipped a clearblue digi, which also came back positive...im going to try to hold off testing again until thursday, just to be sure this isnt a fluke...but omg omg, this could be it for us finally!!

A positive is a positive my dear! Congrats!

Congrats!!!

Um, did anyone else have extreme pain right around ovulation after using clomid? If this is something that is going to happen next time, I don't know if I can keep on with the clomid. DH thought he was going to have to take me to the ER. It's better now, but oh boy.

Congrats!!!

Um, did anyone else have extreme pain right around ovulation after using clomid? If this is something that is going to happen next time, I don't know if I can keep on with the clomid. DH thought he was going to have to take me to the ER. It's better now, but oh boy.

I know that my ovulation day was crampy both sides, but i had read that you can sometimes feel it more intensly, so i think the Clomid amplifies it maybe? It wasnt any worse than moderate AF cramps for me, but everyone is different

Congrats!!!

Ovulation is always painful for me, but I get it about 3-4 days prior, some cycles only the day of/before. But pain is like early labour.

I did three rounds of clomid after blood tests showed that I wasn't ovulating on my own.

1st round 50mg CD 2-6 - no ovulation (I was temping)
2nd round 100mg CD 2-6 - ovulated but BFN
3rd round 100mg CD2-6 - ovulated and BFP

I wasn't monitored at all during those rounds (I was also prescribed another 3 rounds just before getting my BFP, they would also have been unmonitored and then I would've been referred to the fertility clinic for a further 3 rounds with monitoring).
The only side effects I had were extreme moodiness and being very emotional, all worth it though!

CD7 of round 2, so pills in this cycle, testing on the weekend.
I have been more moody with this lot CD3-7.
But last cycle was 50mg cd 3-7 no response then took 100mg CD13-17. BFN./\

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->