Clomid Failure

lizard148

Reaction score
Hello,
I am looking for a TTC buddy who is in a similar situation as I am. I have PCOS and do not ovulate naturally. I have tried Clomid at 100 mg, and I still did not ovulate. This month I am trying 150 mg. If that doesn't make me ovulate, I may be considered a "clomid failure" according to my doctor. Has anyone had trouble ovulating (even on clomid)? I am wondering what made you ovulate (Femara, Metformin or FSH shots). The reason I am not ovulating is my progesterone levels are very low (2.1 on clomid).

Also, I am having an ultrasound on day 14 of this month. Does anyone know what that will tell me? I am hoping it will tell if I have ovulated or if I have any follicules to make me ovulate.

Liz

I am also on clomid. My first round I was on 50mg cd5-9 and didn't ovulate...my progesterone level was 4.36. My second cycle was 100mg cd5-9 and still no ovulation...my progesterone this cycle was 0.55! :( I am currently on cd46 and just took my last provera pill to start af. When I start af I will be taking 150mg on cd5-9. If I don't ovulate this time I don't think my doctor will keep giving me clomid. My doc said he won't prescribe me more than 150mg. I really hope it works this time...for both of us.

Hey I suffer from pcos and I'm on clomid 100mg had my blood test Monday see if I have ovulated or if need higher dose iv got s feeling I have not ovulated. And I'm very worried that 150 won't work they did not scan me to check my tubes :(

I am also on clomid. My first round I was on 50mg cd5-9 and didn't ovulate...my progesterone level was 4.36. My second cycle was 100mg cd5-9 and still no ovulation...my progesterone this cycle was 0.55! :( I am currently on cd46 and just took my last provera pill to start af. When I start af I will be taking 150mg on cd5-9. If I don't ovulate this time I don't think my doctor will keep giving me clomid. My doc said he won't prescribe me more than 150mg. I really hope it works this time...for both of us.

I am on cycle day 28, and I am supposed to do a pregnancy test today and again on day 30. If it is negative, I am supposed to start provera. If I didn't ovulate, how could I be pregnant?? Do you think it is safe to start taking provera today, if the test is negative? I am so tired of waiting for something to work!! Are pregnancy tests almost 100% accurate on day 28, or should I wait until day 30?

Mommyagain, did you have difficulty getting pregnant with your first child? I am assuming you have a child already b/c of your name! Do you not ovulate b/c of PCOS? It is nice to talk to you, b/c I haven't met anyone else yet with progesterone problems that are similar to mine.

Jennie, does your doctor plan to do an x-ray of your tubes to check for problems? You may want to request that. I had one done right away when they started figuring out what my problem was. I hope clomid works for you. I hope your blood test shows that you have ovulated. Have you had problems with your progesterone levels because of PCOS?

Liz

Yes it took us almost two years and five rounds of clomid to get prego with my son. I don't have pcos, just very abnormal af and rarely ovulate. My little boy is 2-1/2 and we have been trying to give him a sibling since last June. My doc prescribed the clomid in february but didn't actually start my first cycle until march.

As far as the hpt, when I found out I was prego with my son, I took mine on cd30 and got a bfp!! I had bloodwork done that morning to confirm and my hcg level was 39. Also my doc likes me to wait until cd35 to start provera even when bloodwork says I didn't ovulate. Then on cd35 if no period to take a hpt and call either way if it's a bfn then they call me in provera to get my af started. I think they want us to take the hpt before provera just to be sure. I have heard of women being told they didn't ovulate then they turn up prego. Wish I could be that lucky!!!

I took my last provera pill this morning and I'm just waiting on af so I can start my next cycle. I'm not feeling very hopeful. I didn't expect to get prego right off the bat even on clomid...but I was expecting to ovulate. :(

Our situations aren't nice....but it's nice to have someone to talk with! :)

I think she's said if not pregnant after 3 months they would scan me so I'm notsure they have not mentioned protgestion when first checked my hormones she said they where normal x

Mommyagain, It is good to hear that clomid worked for you for your first child. I will wait until day 30 to start provera b/c it is probably best to listen to the doctor. I took a HPT today-negative. :( How long does it usually take for you to get af after your last provera pill? I have only used it once (before I was on Prometrium). You are right, it is nice to have someone to talk to.

Jennie, that is good that your hormones have been normal. I have been having lots of problems with mine. Good luck to you!

Liz

Jennievictoria: why do u think you didn't ovulate? I don't want u to lose hope. When I conceived my son I had lost hope. I was having af type cramps and was sooo sure af was on the way!! I hadn't took a hpt in months, but for some reason that morning I tested. I laid it down and got in the shower...when I got out I looked at my test fully expecting a bfn but it wasn't!!!! I cried while I got dressed, I cried while I drove to work!! I was so happy. I even put the cap on the test and stuck it in the box and put it in my purse. I would check it ever so often to make sure I hadn't been seeing things. One if the best days ever for me. I not feeling optimistic either at this point but I wanted to let you know little miracles do happen when we least expect them. I need to remind myself sometimes too.

Mommyagain, It is good to hear that clomid worked for you for your first child. I will wait until day 30 to start provera b/c it is probably best to listen to the doctor. I took a HPT today-negative. :( How long does it usually take for you to get af after your last provera pill? I have only used it once (before I was on Prometrium). You are right, it is nice to have someone to talk to.

Jennie, that is good that your hormones have been normal. I have been having lots of problems with mine. Good luck to you!

Liz

I have started my af while actually in the middle of taking the meds and it has also taken my af about 10 days after my last pill to show. I'm trying to be patient. I would LOVE a special valentine next year!!

What is your provera dose? Mine is usually 10mg for 10 days but this time it was only 10mg for 7 days. I am cramping bad so hopefully it comes soon so I can take my clomid!

Do you know if a higher dose of clomid raises your risk of multiples? I am thinking about calling my doctor and asking.

Mommyagain,
My doctor gave me a prescription for provera of 10 mg for 7 days. What was your dose of clomid? I started at 100 mg, and it didn't work, so now I am at 150 mg. I think increasing the dosage of clomid may increase the chance of multiples by a little bit, but for me I will need it to ovulate. I have also heard that it is more difficult to get pregnant with a higher dosage of clomid b/c of less cervical mucus.
Liz

Liz- I will be taking 150mg on cd5-9 when af arrives. It's setting on my kitchen table waiting for me. I'm hoping and praying this dosage will make me ovulate. My doc started me at 50, then 100 but neither one has made me ovulate. :( I am nervous I'm not going to ovulate.

I am also nervous that I will not ovulate, but I know that there are other medications that can help if clomid doesn't work. Have you tried anything different like FSG shots or femara? I will also take 150 mg after af starts, but mine is prescribed on cd 3-7. Do you know why it is different?
Liz

Oh, and I have been tracking my cm...it's so weird because I have had major ewcm around the middle of my cycle yet I'm not ovulating! Weird...Im having the most cm I've ever had. I actually got excited b/c I thought I was for sure ovulating b/c of it. But nope...I had very low progesterone levels when they did my blooddraws.

I haven't been prescribed anything but the clomid and provera but I think injectibles will be in my future if this cycle doesn't produce ovulation.

I have read that cd3-7 you are more likely to produce more follicles and therefore more likely to get multiples. And cd5-9 you are more likely to get less follicles but they are better developed. This is another ??? I would love to ask my doctor.

That is interesting to know about the different days of clomid. I would love to have twins....we have been trying for so long, I'd love if I had two all at once, they I wouldn't have to worry about it again! :)

I have not noticed any EWCM since I started on clomid, but I also haven't been ovulating. I would like to try injectables after this cycle of clomid. I have new insurance starting July 1, and more fertility treatments are covered in that policy. Now I only can get certain ones.

TMI alert: I actually check my cervical position and that's how I check cm...Gross...I know.

Im not sure what my insurance covers. It has covered my clomid and provera though. My clomid is really cheap. When I took it several years back it was around $50 a cycle (which is cheap compared to what I have heard injectables cost). This time around I got 5 days worth of 150mg for $5!!!!!! Awesome!!

How long have you been ttc? Do you have any children?

I have been having dreams about twins and babies in general. I hope it's a sign. I love being a mommy and I have always dreamed of having 3 or 4 kids. I feel lucky to have one...but I still have a strong desire for more.

Jennievictoria: why do u think you didn't ovulate? I don't want u to lose hope. When I conceived my son I had lost hope. I was having af type cramps and was sooo sure af was on the way!! I hadn't took a hpt in months, but for some reason that morning I tested. I laid it down and got in the shower...when I got out I looked at my test fully expecting a bfn but it wasn't!!!! I cried while I got dressed, I cried while I drove to work!! I was so happy. I even put the cap on the test and stuck it in the box and put it in my purse. I would check it ever so often to make sure I hadn't been seeing things. One if the best days ever for me. I not feeling optimistic either at this point but I wanted to let you know little miracles do happen when we least expect them. I need to remind myself sometimes too.
well i did a couple of ovulation tests and they where all negative awww i think that will be my reaction x

I'm pretty similar. I have PCOS and insulin resistance. Metformin didn't bring a period. I'm on Provera to start a period. 50 of clomid did nothing, 100 has made me ovulate 1 egg twice, but still not pregnant, so we're thinking about upping the clomid or going to injectables since I'm fairly resistant to it. Ultrasounds will show follicle growth. Good luck..I know how much it sucks..just got my period today :(

I'm pretty similar. I have PCOS and insulin resistance. Metformin didn't bring a period. I'm on Provera to start a period. 50 of clomid did nothing, 100 has made me ovulate 1 egg twice, but still not pregnant, so we're thinking about upping the clomid or going to injectables since I'm fairly resistant to it. Ultrasounds will show follicle growth. Good luck..I know how much it sucks..just got my period today :(

Good luck!! Sorry about af arriving!

:hugs: :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->