Clomid+Injection...excited, stressed and lonely

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Nostalgia, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Nostalgia

Nostalgia New Member

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie and this is my first post. I'm also a newbie at TTC, and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by my emotions lately, so I signed up hoping to chat with people who can understand my feelings...

I was on birth control pills for a month for heavy periods, and after that I said I wanted to TTC so my doc gave me Clomid. I wasn't sure when I would ovulate so my DH and I BD'd for the whole week just in case. Turned out I was really late (9 days after the last dose and still had not ovulated), but had big enough follicles, so doc gave me an injection to trigger the ovulation. He said it's really precise (36 hours) and so me and DH faithfully BD'd around that time.

I know I should just relax, but I started getting paranoid when I ovulated late. A few hours after the trigger shot, I took an OPK test and it was negative! I was sleepless that night. I kept wondering if the injection had worked. The Clomid had made me dry and I didn't get any pains, so it's impossible to tell if I'd ovulated. I called up the clinic the next day and they told me to just relax, that the injection's guaranteed to work, and that I can't conceive if I get so stressed up over everything.

I know TTC takes time and even if you 'do everything right' it still might not work, but I just can't help it. I'd spent so much money and time on those scans and medication, vitamins, sperm-friendly lubricants etc and I really don't want it to go to waste. I didn't tell my DH about the Clomid because I don't want it to affect his mood, so I'm feeling totally alone in this. It's been 2 days since the injection and now I'm entering the 2-week period. I'm wondering if anyone here has gone through this Clomid+injection? Hopefully you can share your success stories with me... just to keep me going till the end of the month!