• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Clomid, letrozole, charts and periods

Sophie1994

Reaction score
Hello everyone :hi: I'm super new to the website and I'm still learning all the ins and outs, I do apologise in advance for anything I'm not doing right! Anyway me and my fiance have been TTC for 2 and a half years now (my second, his first) I was diagnosed with PCOS at the age of 16 and things have sucked ever since then. I was lucky enough to concieve my beautiful boy, who's nearly 5 now using clomid (2nd cycle) in a previous relationship. So for the last 2 and a half years we've being seeing a gynecologist at our local hospital and it's been absolutely heart breaking, we tried metformin for a while, it did nothing but make me quite poorly, never regulated my periods or anything. Then we tried 9 rounds of clomid, no monitoring or scans or check ups, nothing! the first round (100mg) made me quite poorly, I ended up with a 5cm cyst on my left side that did luckily go away on its own, my gynae wanted me to carry on with the same dosage but It caused me so much pain that I asked for it to be lowered to 50mg, so the following 8 months went by and I had been temping, which showed me that I was ovulating but for some reason we weren't getting caught :-( I'd had a HSG test and my partner had a semen analysis and both came back absolutely fine. Obviously we're super confused about the whole thing and damn right fed up of feeling like no one wants to help us. My gynae then prescribed me letrozole 2.5mg 3 cycles worth, again sent me away with just tablets. No monitoring, no scans, no check ups or trigger shots like I see most women having (even my sister did) which makes me feel really neglected. The first round I did not ovulate and I had to take provera to start a period off, iv finished my 2nd round and I did ovulate (I think) but quite late on in my cycle. AF started yesterday but I'm not going to take the 3rd cycle as iv asked to be referred to a different hospital for a second opinion. The main thing I wanted to ask is if either of you ladies taking these medicines have ever noticed that your period changed? It went from super heavy and painful back in my teens. Then it came to having nothing for years (other than the contraceptive pill) to now that iv done 11 months on these 2 different drugs iv noticed my period is super light, like I don't even have to wear a sanitary towel sometimes as it's only there when I wipe (sorry for tmi) and it's a strange salmon pink color or very light red I'm so confused and feel in the dark and alone with everything. I hope one of you can help me please and I apologise for the huge essay. Tia :o

You need a new doctor.
You need to get ALL your hormones checked. (Google fertility bloodwork and ask for ALL to be run)
You need to get to the bottom of the problem. Is it timing, hormones, lining, etc.

I took 2.5mg Femara, no monitoring/scans/trigger. It didnt change my AF. I only took it because my ob said it would help my left ovary get its butt in gear.

You need a new doctor.
You need to get ALL your hormones checked. (Google fertility bloodwork and ask for ALL to be run)
You need to get to the bottom of the problem. Is it timing, hormones, lining, etc.

I took 2.5mg Femara, no monitoring/scans/trigger. It didnt change my AF. I only took it because my ob said it would help my left ovary get its butt in gear.

Thank you so much for your reply! I really do need a new doctor, that's why iv asked to be referred to a complete different hospital hoping that they can help me properly.

Iv never actually have all my hormones checked, I had one ultrasound and they said there were cysts on my left ovary, a while later had another and there was nothing! #-oso I was super confused. Every time I suggested blood work or more in depth tests my gynae would always say there's no need for them at all, and get quite frustrated in my eyes.

I just really want to get to the bottom of all this now, I'm so frustrated and heartbroken!. How did the letrozole work for you if you don't mind me asking.

The bloodwork is just as important as a scan or anything else. Keep pushing for it.

I had ovarian cancer removed last fall with my right ovary. Had normal cycles and given the green light to TTC in January. OB gave me Femara to jump start my left because it might lag. I took 2.5mg every month. In May, we got BFP.
I dont think outside of that I would have needed it.

Trust your gut and go after what you want!

The bloodwork is just as important as a scan or anything else. Keep pushing for it.

I had ovarian cancer removed last fall with my right ovary. Had normal cycles and given the green light to TTC in January. OB gave me Femara to jump start my left because it might lag. I took 2.5mg every month. In May, we got BFP.
I dont think outside of that I would have needed it.

Trust your gut and go after what you want!

I am definitely going to keep pushing for the help I need, even if I am at the point of giving up :neutral: and I'm really sorry to hear that sweet! Super happy you got your BFP though. You Must be one tough cookie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"