Clomid...LH surge...No ovulation pain ?? :'(

MaisyMay

Oakley's Mummy & 1baking!
Reaction score
has anyone experienced this? I have no idea what's going on with my body and I'm going out of my mind :dohh: I took 50mg of clomid days 2 - 6 of my cycle two years ago, had major ov pain cd13 and 14, ovulated on day 15 and got my bfp with my son 12dpo :cloud9::cloud9: We want to try for number two and I breastfed for a year and didn't have a single af so I took 50mg of clomid to kick start my cycle. I ovulated on cd 14 and had major ov pain from cd 10 to 14, I swear I actually felt the egg pop!! We didn't conceive and my lp was on 11 days with spotting on 10dpo. SO I took 100mg clomid days 2 - 6 and bought progesterone cream and b vit complex in the hopes that it will extend my lp and we'll make baby number 2, butttttt....so far I'm on cd 12 with no ov pain, I've got ewcm, but I just took an opk and it's positive (lines are the same) ???? I don't have any ov pain at all. Does this mean I'm not ovulating or not going to? I've always had ov pain the day or two before I get a positive opk on clomid. What is going on?? Why am I having an lh surge if I'm not ovulating. I tested last night and it was negative, quite dark, but definitely negative. and I tested on cd 6 and there was barely a line.
Sorry if I'm coming across as a bit of a mental case, but I'm really stressing :(
Thank in advance for any advice / replies x x

I'd be really grateful for replies...please don't read and run :s x x

I will say get bedding and keep testing. Do u use the digi opk to confirm cos that is what i do when i think that it is positive to clear the doubt. Good luck x

Yeah I'm now thinking it's not positive, just really close. I took another one a few hours later and it was really close. Don't have any digis at the moment. My main concern is that I'm not going to ovulate and it's my hormones going crazy, co I don't have any ov pain. Thank you for your reply :) x x

Its probably not positive, just close. Ur obviously gearing up for it so get as much :sex: as possible. Good luck :)

U r probably getting close to O. I would say keep testing twice a day . Good luck x

I did feel ov pain really strong last cycle though. Is it possible to ov and not feel it this cycle? Even though I'm on a higher dose of clomid? It seems unlikely to me :(

I don't think u've O'd though and just like previous pp said not everyone feels O pain and each cycle is different so u might not feel it every cycle. Have u tested today? Is it darker?

Hi dreambaby. I haven't tested today yet. I'm trying to hold a couple of hours and then I'll test cos I read not to test too early in the morning ?? I thought I was starting to feel ov pain last night and we dtd and I could feel the pain in my ovaries as we were bding, but this morning I don't think I feel anything, maybe a few twinges, but not what I'd expect if last night I was feel ov pain. I really hope this morning's opk is positive, but I don't know what's going on. I just can't believe I'm going to ov if I don't have pain when my clomid dose is higher this cycle. I know every cycle is different, but I've got a bad feeling. I really appreciate your support though. I don't know what I'd do without this site sometimes :)

I really wouldn't worry, clomid can give you false positive opk's if you test too early. If you always have ovulation pain then this cycle probably wont be any different and I suspect the pains your feeling are the start of it. x

Just done an opk and I think it's definitely positive im cd13 today so that's when I'd expect it. I don't think it's too early for false positives though. I normally start testing on cd 9 ish and I've never had false positives. I tested cd6 this cycle and it was a clear negative....how do I put the photo in my post??

Ah done it...this is positive right. The control line is the one closest to the blue.

20131122_104339.jpg

Fingers crossed and I think the ov pain is revving up. Good luck to you this cycle x x

I agree with keeping testing and trying a digi, also keep in mind that when you get a postive opk you're going to ovulate within 24-48 hours of the positive :) I actually started testing twice a day this cycle cause my surge can be short and I wanted to keep a better track. So I do a digi and dip stick in the am and then a dip stick in the evening. I finally got my smiley face on my digi this morning at CD 19. My cycles had been off the past couple months which was why I started using opks again (had previously gotten positive opk on cd 16 when using before). fingers crossed for bfp!

Thank you mom2b...yeah I usually ov the day after my first pos opk. I think I've got a definite positive today (pic above ^^) and I can feel a little more ov pain so hopefully I will ov soon. Good luck to you x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"