Clomid.. mixed emotions

Ashtong

Reaction score
So ive been TTC to conceive for almost a year. My cycles are 49 or 50 days long. My doctor prescribed clomid for me to try & im supposed to start my period next week. I have SO many mixed emotions. Im so excited to start taking it but im so nervous. :( Im really really optimistic about it working but of course im a little worried it wont. Any else in the same boat as me? & any advice?

I'm on my first cycle of clomid. Taking my 4th pill tonight. We have been trying for a year. The Dr. told me we have 2 options... 1. since I'm 28 we can just give it more time... or 2. take clomid - I jumped on the chance to try anything!
So far so good, no horrible side effects. I am going to try preseed too this cycle
(from what I've read the 2 go hand in hand).
Good Luck!

Thanks so much! I bought pre seed too! are you going to use ovulation test and or charting? I go in on day 21 to see if I ovulated but I don't think I can wait that long lol so I think im going to

I was nervous about clomid too. I had a lot of irregular bleeding (every 10-12 days) so my doctor said I could keep trying or take clomid. I took 50mg CD3-7. I ovulated on CD15. We BD on days 10-15. We used olive oil as a lubricant. I drank POM juice 1-5dpo . I got my BFP at 8 dpo....I was so surprised that it worked the first round.

I have been using bbt since we started ttc. I'd rather not spend any money on the opks.
I have my 21 day progesterone test too (july 1st)
Feel free to ask if you have any questions about charting too!

I was ecstatic about being prescribed Clomid, but I had mixed feelings about the timing, due to the side effects. I'm on CD 11 and so far my side effects are migraines almost every evening and hot flashes (but they go away really fast). I kind of had a break down last night, though, because I've tried to be really optimistic about this, like it will be our miracle. Then we actually started BD'ing last night, and all these negative thoughts came to mind (What if it doesn't work and I let my self believe it would). I totally get where you're coming from, but we'll only know if we try :wacko:

That's so true it's just a little overwhelming. I'm so excited but worried it's crazy lol

Please be aware that Clomid can mimic some early symptoms of pregnancy, or alternatively exacerbate some early AF symptoms such as headaches,moodiness, hot flashes, sore breasts etc. Next month take it in the evening and it should help with some of the side effects

Ashtong what country are you in? just wondering if it's worth seeing my GP in the UK about clomid as I have been TTC the same length of time as you after depo...
Good luck xxx

So ive been TTC to conceive for almost a year. My cycles are 49 or 50 days long. My doctor prescribed clomid for me to try & im supposed to start my period next week. I have SO many mixed emotions. Im so excited to start taking it but im so nervous. :( Im really really optimistic about it working but of course im a little worried it wont. Any else in the same boat as me? & any advice?

I am in a similar boat as you. Just completed my first round of Chlomid, today is CD15 for me, still waiting to O but things are moving along nicely and I'm just taking a little longer they told me.
DH and I have also been trying for a yr with no luck and I was not getting periods at all! I'm still nervous about it all. But excited as well.
The best advice I can give is to just try and keep calm and enjoy the excitement of this new part of your journey. :hugs: I hope it works for you!!! :dust:

Hi ladies! I'm also on my first round of Clomid! I took 50 mg on cycle days 3-7...today is CD 19 and still no +OPK. :nope: ...I'm feeling a little discouraged, but I'd love to keep up with you all! **Sending baby dust**

2nd cycle of 100mg of clomid :dust: to all of u

Hey sorry I haven't replied in a few days! To who asked what country I'm in the US I would ask your doctor it doesn't hurt to! :) I'm on cycle day 49 today so any day (hopefully) I'll get my period and I can start! :) thanks everyone for the advice and words of encouragement! :) I'd love to keep up with all you ladies!

I'm on cd 18. first time on clomid 50 mg days 3-7. I use BBT to track my ovulation, and so far no spike. Someone had told me it takes a few cycles to 'kick in.' I'm confused as to why the month I start using clomid I didn't see a temp spike when the last 9 months I have been tracking bbt I have by cd 18. any ideas?

I've heard a few times that clomid can make you ovulate really late so maybe that's it?

Hi , I am on my third cycle of clomid!!!! So I know exactly how you feel! My first was 50 mg then 100 mg and nothing happened! I have Low progesterone! Its disappointing everytime it doesn't happen and my husband and I have be trying for 2 years!!!! I just am trying to stay optimistic and hope that the 150 mg works!!!! Good luck with TTC

Hi girls. Mind if I join in? I just started my first cycle of 50mg this morning and I've had the worst migraine. Nearly cried when noone at work had Tylenol. Finally took 2 to take the edge off. I'm hoping days 2 through 5 aren't this bad...i can't handle my emotional self lol

I started this form but I'm going to have to leave I got my BFP last week before I had to take it!!!! I'm still in shock. Thank God. Thanks ladies, for everything :)

I'm on 100mg from days 3-7 and ovulated on cd13

I was nervous about clomid too. I had a lot of irregular bleeding (every 10-12 days) so my doctor said I could keep trying or take clomid. I took 50mg CD3-7. I ovulated on CD15. We BD on days 10-15. We used olive oil as a lubricant. I drank POM juice 1-5dpo . I got my BFP at 8 dpo....I was so surprised that it worked the first round.

That's so great to hear! Glad for you and wishing you a healthy, happy, safe pregnancy and delivery! I've never heard of olive oil as a lubricant! Interesting...does that help slide the sperm along and better or something? How is that better than other regular water based lubricants? And how does the POM juice help? I'm on my 2nd round of clomid now. Wishing for your same luck! :) Thanks for sharing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->