Clomid Newbie

I am 31 and we have been TTC with ovulation testers and temping for 5 months. My cycles last between 28 and 37 days, with ovulation being anywhere between day 14 and 21. My husband had his count checked and he is actually above average. I am praying that my doctor will give me Clomid. What do you think?

Hi VMAG,

My doctor didn't give me Clomid until 13 cycles of TTC. I'm 27. Not sure what they'll do for you. Best if luck!

My doc gave it to me cos cycles way too long..... Hope your doc comes through for you tho

Lol, what CD did you do your scan! U have some big follies too. Will u trigger?

Hiya

Had my scan on CD11 so CD13 now. The fertility clinic didnt say anything about a trigger so guess just got to wait. Still no peak on my CBFM today but the 2 lines have swapped over so fingers crossed I will get a peak tomorrow.

Does big follicles mean a good quality egg?

Also does anyone know, do you think I will only release the one egg or seeing as I still havent peaked and the smaller ones will still be growing do you think they will also release?

Baby dust to all xx

My clinic told me that they like clomid follies in the mid 20s for maturity so I think so but I also think the E2 tells more about maturity if they drew that blood. they only took my E2 on CD3. I bet it won't be long and you will be ovulating! You may or may not drop more than 1 egg. If you take the trigger it encourages to drop most of the mature eggs after 18mm I believe but some have been known to drop lower than 18 with the trigger! Hope you drop more than 1! Increases chances of fertilization!

I am think I will probably peak tomorrow. No one has mentioned anything about a trigger shot so I am guessing it isnt an option at this point.

I hope I do drop more than 1. If they carry on growing 1.5-2mm per day then should have 1 at around 27-28mm now and a couple at 21-22mm so hopefully they will release as well. Im not really sure how it all works to be honest and what triggers them to release.

If the others dont release what happens to them? Do they carry on growing, do they stop and then carry on next cycle, I really dont have a clue.

They reabsorb and will come again later.

On Saturday, mine were 20mm and 15mm. By Monday morning it was 24mm and 18mm. I haven't ovulate yet, I don't think, I'll know for sure at 1 pm today but that should make them 28 and 22 today. I go in at 1 for IUI. I had o pains yesterday so I'm a little worried I may have but then my temp didn't rise yet. I can't opk because if you take the trigger it will be positive regardless because it's hcg.

U might ask next time if you can do the trigger for timing purposes. It cost me 84.00 and was sent by mail. U ovulate after the trigger 24-40 hours. U take it once the follies are greater than 18mm.

Fingers crossed there wont be!!

They arent planning to do an US next time (if there is one), they only did it this time to check the Clomid was working fine. I have got to go for a blood test on CD21 so they can check I did ovulate. Think they said they check the progesterone levels, will those figures tell me anything about how many/quality of eggs etc?

I don't really know. I tried to look it up but couldn't find anything else about the quality and quanity.

Wanted to wish all of you a wonderful Thanksgiving ;) we r going on vacation tomorrow for 9 days, I am planning o testing while on vacation Monday morning .... Ope we gets tons of ++++ this month!!!

You have a great Thanksgiving too! Hope your test is BFP!!!

Good Luck Cody!! Here's hoping that you're one of many BFPs this month!

I got prescribed Clomid today. I will start on CD5. Any advice(s)?

Have some preseed ready! Lol! I didn't have many side effects. Couple hot flashes mostly at night, couple light headaches and after I completed my dose I got a little emotional. Goodluck to u!

Have some preseed ready! Lol! I didn't have many side effects. Couple hot flashes mostly at night, couple light headaches and after I completed my dose I got a little emotional. Goodluck to u!

Angel, funny u say I would wake up in the middle of the night and undress bc of the hot flashes I hope that menopause isn't like this lol...

Cody, those hot flashes are terrible! My DH kept asking if I was running fever! Lol! No, it's the medicine! I had to sleep naked and turn the AC and fan on! Whew! Glad that part is over for now.

So still no peak, bit worried, surely I should've had it by now??

I really think I would have ovulated on CD17 still because my usual symptoms of ovulation such as cp and cm didn't happen. So I triggered and now 2dpo. Is your cervix getting high and cm turning ewcm?

I dont check my CP, dont have a clue how really.

My CM has been abit watery and had a bit more than usual. I used to temp so that I knew it had happened but I decided to stop doing it to try and help me relax a little more.

Can Clomid affect the monitor do you know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->