Clomid Q

floatingbaby

Mum of 1 and Preggo!
Reaction score
I have very long and irregular cycles. My last one was 56 days, one before that was 39 days, before that was 48... you get the picture.

I needed Clomid to conceive DD and now we are wanting to try again. I am wondering if I have to wait until a new cycle starts before taking Clomid? Normally I would take it on days 2-6, but because I have no idea when those days will be (I am currently CD24 and started spotting which is NOT normal) I was hoping I could just start whenever because we want to get things going.

So if anyone has experience with irregular and long cycles AND clomid that would be super helpful! Thanks!

That's my problem, too. Last cycle I was going on CD48 and my doctor prescribed me this stuff to make me get my period before I could start Clomid, but I can't remember the name of the medication. I think it started with a P if anyone else knows. I wouldn't start your Clomid unless you're actually on CD2 or unless you ask a doctor if it's okay first.

I think you really need to take it at the start of a new cycle. I had super irregular cycles when TTC my first and had to take Provera to force my body to have a period. The Dr also told us to abstain for 2 weeks and then have a pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy before taking Provera. I think I took it for about 7 days then stopped and got AF 3 days later.

^ yeah, Provera is what I took. I took it for 10 days and got AF on the 14th day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->