Clomid question :)

Aww sorry about the spotting:( My sister had spotting so much throughout the first half of her pregnancy and she was a basket case over it. She went to the hospital a few times to make sure. Everything was always good though so I bet it's the same for you!

Hows everyone doing on this thread? Fezzle, did the spotting go away?

SweetPea, how are your levels?

Fezzle, I am sending you extra good vibes! I am sure the spotting is normal.

We went to the fertility clinic today. DH's SA came back normal, actually higher count than usual. My FSH and estradiol were in great range. The diagnosis was unexplained infertility.

Doc is putting me on 100mg of clomid next cycle. It was the first time I have been able to see the ultrasound and those follicles, so cool. I should ovulate somewhere between this Sunday and the one after...I am hopeful this cycle!!

:dust:

I forgot to mention that I have been so HOT!! I actually wore one of my summer dresses in the house today because DH was cold and wouldn't let me open the windows. It has to be the clomid :wacko:

Sorry to bring bad news, but the spotting turned into bleeding and a scan this morning showed no sac. We're upset, but also encouraged by how well Clomid worked, so going to try it again the cycle after this one.

Lotus- great news about the results! I hope Clomid works for you!

Sorry to bring bad news, but the spotting turned into bleeding and a scan this morning showed no sac. We're upset, but also encouraged by how well Clomid worked, so going to try it again the cycle after this one.

Oh no Fezzle! I'm so sorry for your loss..... :hugs:

Oh Fezzle I am so sorry for your loss! It is good that you know Clomid works for you and that it is possible. How are you doing? Sending you tons of hugs.

Ok physically- it's just been like a period and I think the worst is over. Emotionally up and down but overall we're trying to see the positives and look to the future.

fezzle-- sent you a PM

lotusblooms--i do recall heat flashes but i thought it was due to something else. how close are you to testing?

sweetpea- did you get positive news from the testing?

Thank you so much for your message x

Hey ladies, sorry to intrude! I've just been diagnosed with PCOS, and I'm terrified :cry: I'm being referred to a fertility clinic, but it's going to take weeks! :nope: I've got to have an x-ray for blocked tubes, and I'm worrying like mad that I'll have that problem too! I was wondering if my GP would prescribe Clomid, whilst I'm waiting to be referred etc, but I don't know what the chances are? :shrug: x

I missed so much!! Fezzle I'm so sorry to hear that:( I really hope you get a sticky one next month.

rebeccalouise, I don't know much about PCOS but I have seen quite a few people in different threads who have it and are also on clomid, I think it can be really helpful.

Lotus, I'm so happy that you are feeling good about this cycle and will ovulate soon! I've always wanted to get an ultrasound to see my follicles but my doc said we won't do it unless necessary cuz it costs money. Hope you don't even have to start to clomid!

AFM- I got really great results on Friday, 6dpo and my level was 65! I was so excited. The clinic closes on Friday for two weeks so they are sending me for an HCG blood test on Thursday. I'm super nervous! Do you think a blood test would be 100% accurate at 12dpo?

rebecca- I have PCOS too. Of course it's preferable to not have any fertility issues, but if you have to have one, it's one of the better ones to have in my opinion because at least it's treatable in most cases. My GP on the NHS only put me on Metformin, which did help give me periods again, but my cycles were still irregular, and it wasn't until I was on Clomid, which had to be prescribed by a private Dr, that I conceived. I know someone else who's been able to get Clomid from their GP though so it's worth asking!

SweetPea- sounds promising! Fx!

rebecca- I have PCOS too. Of course it's preferable to not have any fertility issues, but if you have to have one, it's one of the better ones to have in my opinion because at least it's treatable in most cases. My GP on the NHS only put me on Metformin, which did help give me periods again, but my cycles were still irregular, and it wasn't until I was on Clomid, which had to be prescribed by a private Dr, that I conceived. I know someone else who's been able to get Clomid from their GP though so it's worth asking!

SweetPea- sounds promising! Fx!

Thank you, that's very helpful :) x

Hi Ladies! I hope it's okay to post and sorry in advance for busting in on the thread.

DH and I have been TTC # 2 for almost 3 years. I had the lap testing and everything was normal. I was put on Clomid and metformin. I did 3 rounds of 50mg clomid and did not O. I was bumped up to 100mg and O'd but my levels were really low, so I was moved up to 150mg and O'd, but was unable to time it up right since DH works out of town. After months of trying on clomid we took an 11 month break.

I started back on 100mg my November cycle and did not get a postive OPK ( think I tested late) b/c I had tons of EWCM on CD 13. It ended up not being our cycle though because AF arrived yesterday. Called my OB and he wants me to continue with clomid and metformin. I'm on CD 2 today, so I will start Clomid tonight.

It has been so nice reading the stories in here. I hope you guys don't mind me posting!! Good luck to you all.

Hi Ladies! I hope it's okay to post and sorry in advance for busting in on the thread.

DH and I have been TTC # 2 for almost 3 years. I had the lap testing and everything was normal. I was put on Clomid and metformin. I did 3 rounds of 50mg clomid and did not O. I was bumped up to 100mg and O'd but my levels were really low, so I was moved up to 150mg and O'd, but was unable to time it up right since DH works out of town. After months of trying on clomid we took an 11 month break.

I started back on 100mg my November cycle and did not get a postive OPK ( think I tested late) b/c I had tons of EWCM on CD 13. It ended up not being our cycle though because AF arrived yesterday. Called my OB and he wants me to continue with clomid and metformin. I'm on CD 2 today, so I will start Clomid tonight.

It has been so nice reading the stories in here. I hope you guys don't mind me posting!! Good luck to you all.

Of course we don't mind you posting!!! Sounds like a tough time:( does your OB have a plan for if it continues not working? My understanding is that being on clomid for an extended amount of time is really bad for you. Hopefully it works this month! I O'd this month but I'm feeling very out due to my lack of symptoms today at 9dpo:( I felt so positive about this cycle but just today I started to think this might not be it. BUmmer

Sweat pea - As of right now, he hasn't mentioned anything as far as another plan. I have heard that being on clomid for an extended time is bad as well. That's why we stopped after so the first few rounds and took an 11 month break. I do know that he wants me to come in for the 21 day blood work, so we will see how that goes this month.

I am currently on CD4 and starting 100mg of Clomid tonight. If it does not work this cycle, I am going to talk to him about my options and what is next. The ultrasound tech mentioned for me to talk to him about having an HSG. I had the lap testing, but April 2015 will be 2 years since I had it. She said the HSG will show things that the lap testing didn't and that it is possible for me to have blocked tubes after my c-section. My plan is to talk to him about all options once I go in for the 21 day blood work.

Hopefully this is your cycle. I hate that feeling of thinking it's not your month. I was so hopefully this cycle because I had so many signs to make me think I was going to get my BFP and then AF showed up 4 days ago :( FX for you!!!

So frustrating right?!?! I had an HSG and it made me feel so wonderful to know that I didn't have any blockages! Good luck with the clomid! 100mg produced a wonderful ovulation for me:) Unfortunately, I got a BFN yesterday afternoon at 10dpo. Pretty bummed about it and ready to move on to the next cycle. After such good levels this month, I know it will happen soon! FX this month is the one for you!

yes, it is so frustrating!!! I'm trying to stay postive and just keep thinking this cycle will be our cycle. DH will be home monday and will be home for 3 weeks straight, so hoping we can time everything up. We are just going to try and hope for the best this cycle.

So sorry for your BFN this cycle!! That's awesome your levels were so good this cycle though, so hopefully your upcoming cycle will be the one :)

Hi Ladies!

SweetPea: You were only 10 dpo when you tested, there is still a chance this cycle. My fingers are crossed for you. Even if it doesn't happen this cycle, I think you levels etc. have been encouraging. It WILL happen!!

Hi Chedge! I had an HSG last month and it is really good to know what is going on with your uterus and fallopian tubes. I felt like it was especially good to know that everything was working alright so that I knew it was worth it to go through the clomid experience. I highly recommend that you schedule one and ask for some Tylenol 3 or at least take something for pain and inflammation before you go. It is not painful for everyone. I think it may be a bit more painful if there are blockages. It was excruciating for me, but it doesn't last too long so it is manageable. There is a lot of evidence to support that the chances of falling pregnant after an HSG are much higher for the three cycles following it. Good Luck and keep us posted!

I am doing ok, just working on staying calm and eating right. This is my fertile week so I am breathing in all the good vibes I can get!

I am still hot because of the clomid and have noticed that my skin is different, I never get breakouts but lately I have had a couple of annoying pimples in places that I don't ever get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->