• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Clomid Question

Amber_Lynn822

Baby Momma!
Reaction score
Okay so my doctor told me to take @ Days 5-9
When I get it the "directions say to take at days 3-7

What would you do?

hmm odd... clomid cycles are usually 2-6, 3-7, 4-8, or 5-9. fir only five days each cycle. some doctors give it to their patients on these varying days because that is their practice or preference. cd 2-6 will make you produce more eggs and cd5-9 gives you better eggs quality so its like quantity or quality. i would do what he said beacuse he has ran your test i am sure and know your body... but i am wondering about the 4-9. and if you take it 2-6 youll have to explain to him that you didnt take it 4-9 like he asked you too. i took mine cd 2-6. i googled it and more women get pregnant cd 2-6, but it a newer thing doctors are doing with the clomid now. you could always lie and tell the doctor you forgot which days to take it the intruction said cd 2-6 so thats what you did... i ovulated this cycle cd19 or so. i am not seeing a doctor tho, they always piss me off :)

That same thing happened to me. My doctor told me to take the Clomid 5-9 but the rx said 3-7... I did 5-9 because that's what the doctor said, but based on what Arielle just said, I might try 3-7 next month... but hopefully something great will happen this month!!!

What did you decide to do?

that same thing happened to me. My doctor told me to take the clomid 5-9 but the rx said 3-7... I did 5-9 because that's what the doctor said, but based on what arielle just said, i might try 3-7 next month... But hopefully something great will happen this month!!!

What did you decide to do?

i think you should talk to the first first of course, but if her af was on and the doctor gave her wacky cycle days 4-9??? And she has no way of contacting him then id just read the instructions..lol. But yo see this is comig from the chick who googles everything, isnt seeing a doctor, and ordered clomid online...i am a little risky!!! =)

Ha Ha This is my third cycle, so it won't hurt to try on day 2, I'm on day 1.

IMHO, I would follow your dr's order rather than the rx on the bottle or instructions. Those are usually just more of a default I would think since usually you're instructed to take them starting CD3 with CD2 as the earliest. And the earlier they are started in the cycle the more eggs you'll produce and the later the more mature - With earlier, you're more likely to release more than one egg (which makes multiples more likely and better probability of at least one being fertilized) and with later you should produce a higher quality more mature egg (which may reduce the risk of having a mc due to egg quality).

I'm so glad you all posted this question. I had been wondering if there was a difference. My doc said days 3-7, but when I went in and he gave it to me, I was on cd4. He was like that's okay, you can take it today so we can get this cycle in. This time, I'm taking it on cd 3 (today). But I've heard of cd5-9 and 2-6 as well. Probably just a preference by the doc. :shrug:

the only thing i hate about the clomid was that i ovulated kinda late...even though i took mine days two thru six... but i technically took ittook it dats 2-8...like i said i dont recommend what i do for anyone else, but i also took soy isoflavones (natures clomid on cd 7 and 8 ) for what i thought might have been a boost to the clomid??? like i said i do risky things lol... i have read of doctors giving clomid seven days so i figured it might be ok to stimulate my ovaries a little more because i know i havent ovulated in over a year. so i think the soy pushed back my ovulation date by two days which is the only thing i can fig as to why i ovulated late.and actually ladies so doctors give clomid as early as cd1-5...

So steamed right now. SO I called and the script was right. For THREE MONTHS I've been taking on the wrong days.

4-9 that still shoudnt have really hurt, that was just id ask about taking it 3-7 or 2-6... So you can produce more eggs??? And ovulate earlier???

Taking them CD2-6 produces more eggs. Taking them CD5-9 produces one mature egg (better quality).

I am just ending my first cycle with clomid, and, per the doctor's orders, took it days 5-9.
(I also often need provera to bring about my cycle, so ignore my signature...I'm considered 14dpo right now; no BFP but no AF)
But...is that actually accurate? Does taking it days 2-6 increase the chance of multiples?

Yes, it does increase your chances of multiples because you could release more than one egg when you O. From what I remember my RE telling us is that clomid in general increases your chances of multiples by 10% (still not too high, but definitely possible).

I'm just slightly ticked that he TOLD me 5-9 BUT wrote down and wanted me to take on 3-7.

I'd be pissed too hun. :growlmad: But, taking them at all is better than not, as it should still help you O. :hugs: And at least you'll be able to start them right this cycle and didn't miss it by a couple days. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"