Clomid round 3 anyone else?

Noele0002

Reaction score
Hello ladies!

Today I started my 3rd round of Clomid 50mg days 5-9. I have been TTC for over 20 months and am starting to get seriously impatient.

First round of Clomid ended with a BFN. We did 50mg days 3-7. My cycle was 29 days long (usually have a 30/31 day cycle). The only side effects I had were extreme hotflashes. I also started at 8dpo (I've never spotted before). I had two positive OPKS 5 days apart... One on cycle day 14 and one on cycle day 19. So I have no clue when/if I ovulated that cycle.

Second round of Clomid was very strange! I took Clomid 50mg days 5-9. No hotflashes or any other type of symptoms. On cycle day 14 AF showed up!!! I could not believe it. That has never happened to me before and I've never even heard of that happening. So it was a complete waste because I did not have enough time to ovulate or anything :-(

3rd round of Clomid starts today and I am praying for a normal full length cycle!!! Hopefully ending with a BFP :) We will have to wait and see but they do always say that the third time is the charm!

Well anyone else who is currently taking Clomid and wants to wait out the cycle with me pls join in :) I like having cycle buddies to talk to!

I just did my third cycle of clomid 300mg this month. All times before that on lower dosages never worked to make me ovulate (have done 7 cycles in total). I am CD16 today and last 2 cycles I ovulated on CD18... so playing the waiting game... hoping 3rd time actually is the charm :)

Yay! I will keep my fingers crossed for you :) I'm only on CD 6 so I have a long ways to go lol. Do you do any kind of monitoring? Ultrasounds and etc? I'm on my 3rd round of Clomid and my doctor still has not done any kind of monitoring... Not even to see if I actually ovulate or if Clomid 50mg works! I'm so frustrated. I had to call her and ask if we could do a progesterone day 21 blood work to confirm ovulation. I need a new doctor asap! Oh and yesterday she "forgot" to order my prescription with the pharmacy for my Clomid. I didn't get a hold of her until the clinic was almost closed. Lol sorry need to vent apparently. Anyways good luck! What kind of OPKs do you use?

I'm 7dpo on my 3rd round (details in my signature). I got AF at 9dpo last cycle so really want the next couple of days to go quickly so I can know if it's worked!
I haven't had any monitoring either, plus my GP just prescribed me 3 more cycles whilst I wait for our fertility clinic referral to go through.

Yay! I will keep my fingers crossed for you :) I'm only on CD 6 so I have a long ways to go lol. Do you do any kind of monitoring? Ultrasounds and etc? I'm on my 3rd round of Clomid and my doctor still has not done any kind of monitoring... Not even to see if I actually ovulate or if Clomid 50mg works! I'm so frustrated. I had to call her and ask if we could do a progesterone day 21 blood work to confirm ovulation. I need a new doctor asap! Oh and yesterday she "forgot" to order my prescription with the pharmacy for my Clomid. I didn't get a hold of her until the clinic was almost closed. Lol sorry need to vent apparently. Anyways good luck! What kind of OPKs do you use?

Only monitoring I get is CD23 bloods to check for ovulation and then see my OBGYN after for results... we are taking it one month at a time. You can go to a GP and ask for a blood test to check for ovulation - my OBGYN does mine for me, but one time I needed a GP to authorise one because by OBGYN was away.

I didn't use OPKs the past cycles at all - this time I am using just the ovuplan ovulation dip strips. They haven't detected my LH surge yet, but I test each afternoon at the same time, so this arve I am hoping to get a positive on it seeming my temp has dipped today just like it has the last 2 cycles. FX...

Well lots of luck ladies! Keep me posted on how everything turns out this cycle! I'm only on cycle 7 so I have a long ways to go! Starting some new books this week so hopefully that keeps me busy :)

Big fat smiley on my digital OPK last night and on the test line darker than control line on my cheapy OPK strip too! :happydance: If I am this happy about ovulation, cannot imagine how excited I will be when we get a very low awaited positive pregnancy test haha.

Hi all, can I join?

On CD10 today of taking clomid 100mg 2-6, my plan is to BD every other day from today, On monday CD13 ive got a scan to check the clomid is working and they will arrange progesterone test too, fingers crossed its working!

I don't seem to have had any side effects, just today ive had some twinges low down in the middle, hoping this is a good sign!

Good luck everyone :)

Hi all, can I join?

On CD10 today of taking clomid 100mg 2-6, my plan is to BD every other day from today, On monday CD13 ive got a scan to check the clomid is working and they will arrange progesterone test too, fingers crossed its working!

I don't seem to have had any side effects, just today ive had some twinges low down in the middle, hoping this is a good sign!

Good luck everyone :)

Hey :) Glad to hear you get no side effects on the clomid. I am on 300mg and get this weird sensation that my body is bouncing when I sit or lie down.

Hope this round of clomid works for you too :)

Morning all, I'm just wondering if the side effects will start now as im on 5th day after taking it, last time I had 3 rounds of 50mg from gp with no monitoring while waiting to see fs, I had the worst ovary pain but had a 50 day cycle and then 2 34 day cycles, I think I had more side effects on 50mg!
I'm getting scared for Monday that the scan isn't going to show anything, really trying to stay positive without getting my hopes up too much ,I hate the disappointment if it doesnt work!
How is everyone else feeling today? Xx

Hi! I'm on my third and final round of Clomid 50mg. Never had any side effects before, but this month had hot flashes and an unexplainably thin lining (estrogen level was super high so it should have been good). If this cycle is a bust I go to just injectables next cycle. I had an IUI on Feb 12. There were 3 follies and 200 mil sperm post wash with at least half motile. Praying this cycle works! I'm going to try to hold out to test until Feb 26 but we'll see if I make it that long! :winkwink:

Congratulations on O Jillie! Good luck everyone!

Hi prayer, Your iui sounds really positive! Hope you get your bfp x

Hello ladies!

Today I started my 3rd round of Clomid 50mg days 5-9. I have been TTC for over 20 months and am starting to get seriously impatient.

First round of Clomid ended with a BFN. We did 50mg days 3-7. My cycle was 29 days long (usually have a 30/31 day cycle). The only side effects I had were extreme hotflashes. I also started at 8dpo (I've never spotted before). I had two positive OPKS 5 days apart... One on cycle day 14 and one on cycle day 19. So I have no clue when/if I ovulated that cycle.

Second round of Clomid was very strange! I took Clomid 50mg days 5-9. No hotflashes or any other type of symptoms. On cycle day 14 AF showed up!!! I could not believe it. That has never happened to me before and I've never even heard of that happening. So it was a complete waste because I did not have enough time to ovulate or anything :-(

3rd round of Clomid starts today and I am praying for a normal full length cycle!!! Hopefully ending with a BFP :) We will have to wait and see but they do always say that the third time is the charm!

Well anyone else who is currently taking Clomid and wants to wait out the cycle with me pls join in :) I like having cycle buddies to talk to!

I finished cycle 2 of 100 mg of clomid on days 5-9 one my first and 2nd rounds of clomid. (why did you change the days you took yours?)
I didn't even test with a hpt my first round because immediately I started getting cramps for like 2 weeks.

2nd cycle finished on jan 23rd and my hubby and i felt so pressured from trying all the time and he couldn't really perform. He said it really takes the fun out of it and it was hard for him to do anything so I also saw i had 2 positives but he wasn't feeling the mood so think i missed my shot on that 2nd opk+ i got last month.

Here's the kicker....i was supposed to start AF this week on Tuesday-Wed but haven't and have tested BFN. I don't get it. I usually am on a 29 day cycle and currently I am on CD33. I am so irritated! I have had this pain just a dull one on my ride side for over a week and I feel like AF is coming but she hasn't shown up!

I will be happy to be your cycle buddy & feel free to PM me with any questions about TTC. What OPK's are you using?

Big fat smiley on my digital OPK last night and on the test line darker than control line on my cheapy OPK strip too! :happydance: If I am this happy about ovulation, cannot imagine how excited I will be when we get a very low awaited positive pregnancy test haha.

Yay! Fingers crossed for you!!

Yay! Fingers crossed for you!!

Hey when do you usually BD? Will you BD everyday once you get a positive OPK or every other day? I get so confused. I am thinking I am going to be sneaky this month (if I start) and stay away from my DH until I know I am getting a positive so that he will be in the mood! :happydance: He freaked out from pressure last month :growlmad:

We are kind of following the sperm meets egg plans suggestion on when getting a positive OPK. After AF we BD every second day. This round we BD the day we got the OPK and the 2 days after, so 3 consecutive days. Then we have a day off and BD once more just in case. Every second day we have been told is enough, but we thought we weren't going to take the risk of missing the egg with the positive OPK. As for DH being in the mood - he always is... its me that is never in the mood.

Jillie- Yay for the smiley face opk :) I get really excited when I see that smiley face too!! Good luck and hope you dtd a bunch!

Star25- Welcome! I hope you scan goes well!

Prayerful- Wishing you the best of luck and hope you get your bfp on the 26th :)

Tundralife2- I switched to days 5-9 because my doctor was unreachable until cd 4 both times when I called to get another prescription. I'm in the process of switching doctors because I don't think mine is a good fit for me. Also, I use Clearblue digital OPKs and I just started bbt temping but I'm still trying to figure it out. My temps look like they are all over the place so I'm not sure if that will be helpful!

Afm, I am on CD 10 and finished my round of Clomid. I experienced the hotflashes and since CD 7 through today and I have more CM than I can ever remember having (tmi sorry) somedays its creamy/lotion-like and somedays its slippery/Ewcm... This makes me extremely happy because last two cycles on Clomid I was dried up and figured it was because of the Clomid. Hoping to get a positive opk with in the next few days :)

How is everyone else doing today?

Hi all, scan went well, have 2 follicles on right side measuring 17mm and 22mm and 1 on left but that was only 13mm
FS thinks I will ovulate in the next day or 2 from the biggest one and will do a blood test next weds to hopefully confirm this, im having ovulation like pain on right side too so should be tomorrow or weds - yay!!

So far we have BD days 10 and 12 and going to do tomorrow am as doing every other day but I don't want to miss out day 15 in case thats ovulation day! I think I'll do the morning of day 14 and then late afternoon of day 15 so its more like a day and a half between - I really think im thinking too much about this but I have to have a plan!!

Hope everyone else is ok? xx

Hi all,

Hope it's okay to jump in. I am new to LTTTC, but not to TTC unfortunately! It's been 2.5 years, and I'm 4th round of 100mg clomid. OV is this week so here we go again... My hot flashes have been really bad this 4th time.

We are doing every day as every other didn't work this time so hubby agreed to daily. I'm on carrot & grapefruit juice and trying pre-see this month for the first time.

Hi caz, its so hard all the waiting isn't it, waiting to take the clomid - waiting to ovulate - waiting for scan -waiting for BFP or AF

Are you being monitored? Im only monitored for this cycle then have enough clomid for 5 more cycles, hopefully wont need it!

Ive had a few nights where I feel quite hot but not really hot flushes, apart from that I seem to be ok

What CD are you on? Good luck :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->