Clomid to Femara- Did you take a break?

krissie328

Reaction score
I am coming to the end of two cycles of Clomid. They have definitely been very rough and so I am trying to decide if I need a break.

Has anyone switched to femara and did you take a break between?

My doctor seems find to just switch but I am not sure and would appreciate any other stories.

I was prescribed Clomid through my OB. I had consulted with and RE a few days before my BFP because I thought I was going to need IVF. He did not recommend doing more than 4 rounds of Clomid in a row and suggested switching to fermera after the four rounds of Clomid. In general fermera has less side effects than Clomid but it hasn't been studied or approved as an official fertility medication which is why Clomid is the go-to low level fertility drug. I took 3 rounds of clomid all in a row. I found that the side effects got worse each month I took it. I was feeling ready for a break.

Thanks hun. I've done 2 consecutive rounds and this cycle was awful. I'm definitely done with it. I have a call into my doctor to get femara and plan to start when af arrives. I'm done taking breaks and just want my bfp now.

Many women report liking Fermera way better than Clomid so I bet this will be helpful for you. Fermera also does not thin the uterine lining. Hopefully it gets approved as a official fertility drug soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->